Super Contest

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Jolene Danner
Hall of Fame

Post by Jolene Danner »

How many people here want a SIMage, but $30 just seems to be too much for you to afford at the moment? *Pretends to see many hands* WOW that is a few of you! Well fear no more!! Rob Kilbourn and I, known by ourselves as the CBY Group, have put together a contest for you guys! This contest will result in a SIMage FOR YOU! Yes I'm looking at YOU!

What are the rules, you might ask, because something this awesomely wonderful wouldn't be rule free would it? Well you are correct, there are rules! Here they are:

1. Must nominate the horse they would like to see a SIMage of.
2. The horse must have won at least 1 stakes race (listed or Graded).
3. Must write a paragraph or two about why that horse should be the one chosen.
4. Must provide a link to the nominated horse, so we can all view it easily.
5. One nomination per person, open to all players, except Rob and I, EVEN EM CAN PLAY!

Well I know that you and Rob dislike me, how will I win? (Michelle I asked you not to bring this up! heheheh) Well WE aren't the only judges. After 1 week, which is when the contest closes, we will post a poll for 1 week that everyone on the forum can vote in. Your fellow peers will decide who deserves the SIMage most. Which horse they want to see in the flesh. So if everyone dislikes you might be in trouble, luckily Rob and I are not eligible, so we don't have to worry about that part.

For the runners up, places 2-5 we also have some prizes. 2nd place will receive 2 CAH's (Create A Horses for those of you who live under rocks), 3rd - 5th will each get 1 CAH. In the event of a tie we shall use the eenie meenie method, which is scientifically proven to be most accurate.

I'm sure that all you people without stakes winners might feel left out, well there is a going to be a special contest for you too. I'll be getting to that in a little bit.

In conclusion the contest starts now and phase 1 where you enter ends on August 9th at 6pm CST. Phase 2 where you vote begins after that as soon as Rob or I have time to get the poll up and will last for Approx. 1 week as well. Judging is done by everyone so you better start sucking up. ;)
Michelle Calderoni
Hall of Fame

Post by Michelle Calderoni »

LMAO! Jolene I love you, and Rob too.
Pegasus Feathers International -Dubai
Edward Cullen -$35k | Fleet Admiral -$35k | Visine -$10k
Champions Producing Champions
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

This contest rocks.

Can I nominate a horse?
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
Michelle Calderoni
Hall of Fame

Post by Michelle Calderoni »

Im going to start it off =)

Hidden in Haze 3 drkb. c. (KY) Lost Soldier - CLoud Break, by Dr. Carter
<a href='http://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.php?HorseID=29517' target='_blank'>http://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.php ... D=29517</a>

9:3-2-3 $156,600 Winner of: Hollywood Preview S. (G3) & British Columbia Nursey (G3)

Why Hidden in Haze needs a SIMage:

With my stable, I have a pattern of purchasing the "firsts" in my stable. MY first winner, stakes winner, and simmy champ all of head shots. Hidden in Haze was my first homebred stakes winner, and symbolizes that at least some of my breeding skills are getting there. Hidden in Haze is a full brother to the late Lost in the Fog, whom I was able to see multiple times here in northern california. Other reasons why Hidden in Haze is super awesome. He has a sister whose name no one can pronounce, he likes to run at the obscure distance of 6 1/2 furlongs, and he is always very consistent and tries hard every race. PLUS! If Hidden in Haze can win more stakes and be sire worthy, I will give discounts on fee to those who vote for me!

oh, and breed to Aca ;)
Pegasus Feathers International -Dubai
Edward Cullen -$35k | Fleet Admiral -$35k | Visine -$10k
Champions Producing Champions
Steph Lonhro
Hall of Fame

Post by Steph Lonhro »

graded stakes or are listed stakes included as well Jolene?
Selati(dirt miler) $15k NY
Lani(unspecified type) $30k in NY
Lead the Crowd(turf miler) $15k NY
Rob Canterbury
Eclipse Champion

Post by Rob Canterbury »

stakes of any sort... even trial park! ...Em yes you can especially on your birthday..But you get no special treatment..sorry!
Live Strong- Baltimore crown champion- dirt route
Its a Gamble--MONSTER!
Afriad to Lead-- SC winner
Jolene Danner
Hall of Fame

Post by Jolene Danner »

The Steward wrote: This contest rocks.

Can I nominate a horse?
YES!
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

I would like to nominate my old horse, Gentle.

<a href='http://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.php?HorseID=4030' target='_blank'>Gentle</a>

She was a very special SIM racehorse with a lot of.... idiosyncracies. Here are some of her famous running lines:

nervous to gate, delayed start, broke fast, pulled ahead, green stretch
Wouldn't leave paddock, balked gate, speed, drew away, weaved but impressive
Spooked badly post parade, ran off, shaken, broke slowly, rushed to lead, prevailed

She went 6 for 6 lifetime, including 3 stakes races, however, in her final start she spazzed and went through the rail, ending her career.

You can find her in the pedigree of such horses as Snuggle, Guitar, Love, Pacify, and Calm.

I like to get my own horses SIMages, too, however, I am about to attempt to get SIMages for such horses as Priceless Forever, etc, the deceased SIM stars, so I would really like to have her get one!
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
Nathan Sellers
Turf Router

Post by Nathan Sellers »

The Steward wrote:
She was a very special SIM racehorse with a lot of.... idiosyncracies. Here are some of her famous running lines:

nervous to gate, delayed start, broke fast, pulled ahead, green stretch
Wouldn't leave paddock, balked gate, speed, drew away, weaved but impressive
Spooked badly post parade, ran off, shaken, broke slowly, rushed to lead, prevailed
Haha. I love those running lines, we need more like that in the sim today.

My favorite RL running line ever was on a horse runnig a few weeks ago at Del Mar. I wish I could remember the name of the horse. Anyway, the running line simply was "Lost whip, used goggles"
Greatest $95,000
Winner of 9 Grade 1s!

Evenmoneyfavorite $25,000
25 Winners from 1st crop, including Betterbetdabestbet!

Sky of Mysteries $30,000
66% winners, Avg. Earnings = $ 38,000 & Sire of SC Sprint Champion Sky Ruler!

Daring $15,000
Steph Lonhro
Hall of Fame

Post by Steph Lonhro »

k cool

my nominee from my stable is:

Outlander, he is a 6 yr old chestnut gelding by Elusive Pegasus out of the mare Foreigner by Arazi, and bred by Ara Davies(I thank her almost every race day for him) Outlander he has been a very consistent performer in Steeplechase races since becoming a chaser, racing in 4 Stakes races and winning the "Imperial Cup" at Chaser Downs back in week 2, and out of four Stakes races, he has finished 1st, 2nd(McDynamo Stakes), 3rd(Alfred M. Hunt Stakes), and 4th(The Steeplethon), which has put him in the money not only in all his Stakes races over the jumps, but he has also been in the money in all his races over the jumps, he is probably my most favorite purchase from the sales page, and no matter what come race day I have my full confidance in knowing that he more then likely will have a pretty good finish, in 8 steeplechase starts his worst finish was the fourth in the steeplethon, he has his first Graded Stakes try this coming tuesday, of which I am nervous but know he will try his best. But what i love is that he is a very consistent horse, and even though he only has the one stakes win out of 4 tries he has always tried his best and that shows with his chase record, I know that one day he will have to be retired, which will be a sad day for me, as he is always one who I can count on to have a really good finish

his overall record is 15:4-4-2, his chase record is 8:3-3-1 with total earnings overall of $79,840.

here is his page
<a href='http://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.php?HorseID=17318' target='_blank'>http://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.php ... D=17318</a>
Selati(dirt miler) $15k NY
Lani(unspecified type) $30k in NY
Lead the Crowd(turf miler) $15k NY
Friedrich Barbarossa
Hall of Fame

Post by Friedrich Barbarossa »

Yeah I had to put one of Gentle's lines in my sig file. Too funny.

1. Caesar Augustus

2. Yep

3. I'm nominating him because (this might make my upcoming simcast a bit redundant, sorry Em but we have a contest here for Pete's sake!) for all intents and purposes this horse should STINK. He was my first horse, I created him right after I joined and I had absolutely, positively not a single inkling of a clue as to what I was doing. I just picked a sire and a broodmare sire that I liked without giving any thought as to whether or not they might fit together.

For confirmation of this all you really have to do is check out his record. I figured, "Giant's Causeway, hmmm, yeah definitely a dirt horse" and ran him in a 7f dirt race at Saratoga, where he promptly got pwned finishing up the track in 9th (6 lengths behind the second to last place horse) and was obviously never a threat.

After that I somehow figured out that grass might just be this horse's preferred surface (gee, ya think?) and I put him in a newb stakes race at Trial Park. I was as shocked as I could possibly be when I logged the morning after results to see that he'd won it. Wow, he won. What do I do next? I had no clue so it was time to call in the experts and somehow mustered up the courage to ask on the forum. The general consensus (ok, it's what Laura told me to do) is that he wanted to go longer. I couldn't find anything else at Trial Park at that time so I shipped him down to Chile, stretched him out another quarter mile and entered him in a stakes race there. He ended up 3rd in that race and in the process was completely destroyed by Tejano Tribute, but I was perfectly happy with going from 1st in a minor newb stakes to a 3rd in a stakes featuring open company in only his 3rd start, and TT was no slouch.

From there he went to Germany (uh Kev, too much shipping here) and did one better, finishing 2nd to Streamer in the Goeritz Intransco. Tejano Tribute won the previous race by 10, Streamer won by 3. Progress......progress.

Next up was the Canadian International where he met his pal Voltaic for the first time, and I'll be damned if he didn't win the thing. It was at this point that I realized I may actually have a halfway decent horse on my hands here, although it should be said that Voltaic got his revenge 3 short weeks later in the Joe Hirsch. After the Joe Hirsch I made my second major mistake with him. I had dollar signs in my eyes and didn't give him enough rest, entering him in the Champion Stakes with only 1 week off between races and he finished 5th. That was 5th to some good horses, but I thought it was a little below par.

Having clearly failed to learn my lesson (I did drop the blinks at this point, but that isn't the lesson I'm talking about here) I shipped him down to Dubai for the City of Gold/Sheema double (again, only 1 week off between those two races). Following the pattern, he won the City of Gold and as Dr. Hacklu predicted about 37 separate times before the race he ran a tired race in the Sheema and came in 4th, watching Voltaic's (and X Marks The Spot's) tail once again. Considering the competition in that race 4th is perfectly respectable. I think that's worth mentioning.

I gave him a nice long rest and off that rest he ran perhaps his greatest race to date on Tuesday night, defending his Canadian International by 5 3/4. Now I'm sending him to the BC Turf. That I even HAVE a BC horse at all is a complete shock to me, that my #1 sentimental horse is also my BC horse is pretty cool to me. I wasn't sure I was going target the BC Turf but......I guess I am.

Caesar Augustus is obviously a sentimental horse for me, he was my first one, and I seriously think I may very well have left the game within a month of joining if it weren't for the checks he was bringing home once a month, fairly decent sized checks too. I got very, very, VERY lucky with this horse. He rocks my SIMworld.

4. <a href='http://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.php?HorseID=32645' target='_blank'>http://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.php ... D=32645</a>

I think that's about it.
John Slotmon
Hall of Fame

Post by John Slotmon »

Yeesh, I think someone's already won this with their post, but hey, I'll give it a shot anyway.

1. Performing Tricks

2. Won the Commitment Stakes at Futurity Park in his first start, then came back to take the Scarlet Nite Stakes second time out. He looks to make his third scalp in the Tilt-A-Whirl Stakes in his next start.

3. Why do I love Performing Tricks? Why do I love all Performing Magics (I have three of his relatively small group of runners in the SIM)? In his first start, 'Tricks, fresh off his $77,000 auction purchase, won a highly competitive stakes race against other stalwart 2YO entrants such as Sound Off and Thomas Jefferson. His second race saw him stretch out to six furlongs and easily beat a relatively short field in the Scarlet Nite Stakes. He is the best horse I've had in the SIM that I've had the chance to run as a 2YO, and he's proof that you don't have to have $10 million SIM-bucks in order to win a few stakes races with an auction purchase!

What's more, he's stoked my interest in the long-forgotten real life sire, Performing Magic. 'Magic won over $700k in his life, including the 2000 Illinois Derby and Super Derby, respectively. In real life, he hasn't had much success at stud in the New York at Sugar Maple Farm(probably because he isn't owned by Emily Mitchell), but in the SIM, he's sired the great Performingmiracles and many other winners. In fact, I was so impressed with Performing Tricks first two starts, I almost immediately purchased Magic Castle and Riley from the Riverstone farm yearling auction.

Why does he deserve a simage, you ask? Performing Tricks has the makings of an exception turf sprinter to miler, and I hope to see him show his mettle in the Year 19 Breeders Cup Juvenile Turf. He's also the best 2YO son of a proven 2YO sire who is probably underutilized - and unknown - by many in the SIM. Adding a SIMage for Performing Tricks will lead to additional SIMxposure for both sire and son, and that is a worth goal.

4. <a href='http://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.php?HorseID=39030' target='_blank'>http://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.php ... D=39030</a>
"John Slotman and <name redacted> are always sooooo amazingly generous with new and struggling players- I think we all thank you!" - April Eddy, 3/6/2012
Sara Kendall
Grade 2 Winner

Post by Sara Kendall »

Ok...I have one that I think is worthy! :)

Introducing................

Confirm!

She was the Simmy award winner for South American Older Female!

She is absolutely the best filly and mare I have trained. This filly didn't really start out winning stakes, but was stakes placed at the age of two. Her three year old season also wasn't the best but she did place in the Japanese Oaks at a mile and a half. The race after that, she won an allowance quite easily.

She started off her four year old season with a nice win in an allowance and followed that up with a second place to another nice turf filly, My Tsunami. Then in Chile, she totally dominated her allowance in her first start in South America winning the allowance by 10 lengths. She then went to South America, where she finished a close 4th in the G1 Gold Bowl finishing behind the likes of Siren, Connoisseur, and Tearstreaked. She then finally broke through with her first stakes win in the Grade 2 Spook Express Stakes. After getting a bit of break....I sent her to South America. In her five year old season, she was nothing short but dominant in her races. She went a perfect 5 for 5, ending her career in the Estellas Distaff with a nice length and three quarters over La Parisenne and Streamlined.

Her bloodlines are inpeccable, by Conduit and out of the awesome broodmare and G1 winner Confirmation. Confirmation is a daughter of the mighty and awesome mare Solstice. She's clearly a top class mare and I cannot wait for her babies to run and it would be so awesome to have a headshot of her! :)

For me...she is a very special horse!

Her stats: 18 : 11 - 2 - 3 $898,920

<a href='http://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.php?HorseID=15556' target='_blank'>http://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.php ... D=15556</a>
Chuck Whittingham
Turf Router

Post by Chuck Whittingham »

What the heck I'll give it a shot!

Coal

I think Coal deserves a image because he is a 2 yr old who is on the rise. 2 wins from 3 starts on his way to stardom. Coal is out of Gold Rush Queen. Who is this Dam? EXACTLY! His dominance on the track will give hope to all of his brothers and sisters for years to come. An inspiration to all 2 yr olds to try hard and get er done.

<a href='http://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.php?HorseID=31245' target='_blank'>http://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.php ... D=31245</a>

Chuck Whittingham
E-I-E-I-O FARMS
Come enjoy all the luxuries of home in GB for $15 a day!
John Slotmon
Hall of Fame

Post by John Slotmon »

(Dangit, should have done Be My Faith.)
"John Slotman and <name redacted> are always sooooo amazingly generous with new and struggling players- I think we all thank you!" - April Eddy, 3/6/2012