Chart

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Ara Davies

Post by Ara Davies »

Chart is heading to the Derby (the DAHrby, that is), not the Belmont.

Duc de Berry, winner of the 2000 Guineas, is going in the Irish 2000 Guineas and skipping the Dahrby.

Just wanted to clear that up after reading the end of the Preakness article. :)
Sarah Chase
Hall of Fame

Post by Sarah Chase »

I love when the article goes:

"Cruise Control was fried on the lead by the slightly psychotic Yume Senshi and dropped out to sixth."

Haha, "slightly psychotic" indeed. I visited Yume Senshi's page just to read his racing line. :D
Frayed - $75,000
Liveinthemoment - $25,000
Same - $10,000
It's Been Awhile - $10,000
Grindelwald - $10,000
Skywatching - $7,500
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

Try racing LINES, I think the last several have indicated he is a nut job.
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
Ara Davies

Post by Ara Davies »

LOL, I'm suddenly reminded of Lucifer attempting to eat poor Cyclone not once, but TWICE. Evil psychotic horse. And I believe Cyclone got sick that year, too. Poor horse never got a break. :(
Sarah Chase
Hall of Fame

Post by Sarah Chase »

Hehehe, I love Lucifer (such a fitting name) and Yokoa Cat. I love how the SIM horses have personality, unlike some other games.
Frayed - $75,000
Same - $10,000
Grindelwald - $10,000
Skywatching - $7,500
Ara Davies

Post by Ara Davies »

Yup, I adore the horsey personalities here and all the melodrama. My favorite is still the time Elusive Pegasus was injured in a plane crash on the way back from the Dubai World Cup.
Sarah Chase
Hall of Fame

Post by Sarah Chase »

My favorite is when Em told me, just before a big race (either 2yo Sprint Championship or BC Sprint), that Riches had been very upset all week because all the visitors were visiting Satelite's stall on the backside and ignoring him. He was like, "HEY, come over HERE and see ME! I'm here, too! Please come see me?" It almost broke my heart how adorable he was, and I immediately stuffed him with carrots and kissed his little nosey (sorry, I can't talk about Riches without being reduced to a stupid, cutesey vocabulary).

I also love how Conduit was a pufferball and Sports Jersey is chubby now. And Birthday Candles with the ear muffs - the horses are so incredibly cute! I can just picture Birthday charging down the stretch with those little ear muffs.

I remember that with El Peg. I wrote his Legends Biographies article, to which I still cringe. "Draped over sofas?" What the hell was I ON? Oooh, but the end of the article, the conclusion - I totally stole it from Spiderman. Go me.
Frayed - $75,000
Same - $10,000
Grindelwald - $10,000
Skywatching - $7,500
Ara Davies

Post by Ara Davies »

Conduit IS a pufferball. And Sport was always rather fat. We found a picture somewhere of one of Jersey Girl's babies (it was Jersey Mambo) and she looked exactly like baby Sport, all fat and everything. The weird thing is that we knew he was fat looking even before it occured to us that he probably would be in real life, too.

I almost described my feelings over Barbaro to someone by comparing them to how I felt when The Look died. Then I realized that they would already think it was weird I was so upset about a REAL horse; they'd probably institutionalize me if I went off about a fake one. :)

And as for the Legends Biographies, what was *I* on when I wrote the Atlas one? I think I'd been reading too many overly dramatic epic novels. Or possibly I was drunk.
Sarah Chase
Hall of Fame

Post by Sarah Chase »

Yeah when I did my two biographies, I was like 12 or 13 years old, and had been reading too many Thoroughbred series books. :D

But I do love those Legends Biographies. If I ever had the opportunity to write another one, I'd take it in a heartbeat. (HINT HINT COUGH COUGH)
Frayed - $75,000
Same - $10,000
Grindelwald - $10,000
Skywatching - $7,500
Ara Davies

Post by Ara Davies »

Well, Priceless Forever and Tremendous both have biographies but the third Triple Crown winner hasn't had one written about him. I quite liked Elusive Pegasus' so why don't you write Jet-Ski's? Solstice doesn't have one either and definitely deserves one.
Sarah Chase
Hall of Fame

Post by Sarah Chase »

Hehe, Solstice DOES have one!

I would love to do Jet-Ski's, but I have been told by the Steward I am working too hard on other projects to spread myself out further. :( Booooo.
Frayed - $75,000
Same - $10,000
Grindelwald - $10,000
Skywatching - $7,500
Ara Davies

Post by Ara Davies »

Oh, so she does. I'm telling you, that is the weirdest order on the list. It's like ALMOST alphabetical and then it isn't. :)
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

You should see some of the stuff Sarah's doing for me - it's insane.
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
Sarah Chase
Hall of Fame

Post by Sarah Chase »

The Steward wrote: You should see some of the stuff Sarah's doing for me - it's insane.
No, it's not insane, just very cool! :) They are labors of love. And now I must shut up or I will prematurely spill the beans to the SIM community.
Frayed - $75,000
Same - $10,000
Grindelwald - $10,000
Skywatching - $7,500
Jamie Newton
Miler

Post by Jamie Newton »

oops...