Mare Advice

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Rebecca Rose Hepburn
Hall of Fame

Post by Rebecca Rose Hepburn »

Right now i'm really stuck with my mare <a href='http://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.php?HorseID=27951' target='_blank'>It's Okay to Hurt</a>. Not only am I not sure which bloodlines to cross her on, i'm not postive of what distance to cross her on either. She herself was a turf sprinter, and her sire is very, very much a turf sprint sire. However, her dam was an awesome distance horse, and she seems to have passed that distance love to her other offspring. This leaves me very confused as to what kind of distance sire I should be looking at.

Do I send her to a sprint sire, or do I try and send her to someone who sires longer distance horses? Or should I look for someone who sires all kinds of horses? And oh yeah, what bloodlines? I'm considering Sunday Silence, but i'm in no way an expert so i'd love it if you all would share your opinions. Thanks so much!
A horse is the projection of peoples' dreams about themselves - strong, powerful, beautiful - and it has the capability of giving us escape from our mundane existence.- Pam Brown
Jolene Danner
Hall of Fame

Post by Jolene Danner »

Perfect Soul is pretty, he seems to be able to get some distance too, one of his children (Parisian Flare) just ran 2nd going 8.5f.
Peter Gleason
Hall of Fame

Post by Peter Gleason »

Storm Cat always crosses well with Kingmambo. I'd probably go for A Bus, but then again I'm such a fan I consider him for a lot of my mares
Big Changes Electrocutionist x Subtle Admiration (Future Hero) $5K
Forty Four Years Worlds Abound x October Magic (Lokite Magic) $1K
Piston Azamour x Ipi Tombe (Manshood) $7.5K
Sarah Chase
Hall of Fame

Post by Sarah Chase »

I bred her to be a sprinter-miler, so look at shorter studs. See <a href='http://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.php?HorseID=22980' target='_blank'>Dreaming of Stars</a>, a daughter of a full sister to It's Okay to Cry. She did the sprinter miler thing pretty well.
Frayed - $75,000
Liveinthemoment - $25,000
Same - $10,000
It's Been Awhile - $10,000
Grindelwald - $10,000
Skywatching - $7,500
Carolyn Eaton
Hall of Fame

Post by Carolyn Eaton »

Since King's Best is unknown as a broodmare sire, Storm Cat (except Giant's Causeway, since that would give you a 1 X 4 to GC) and Sadler's Wells lines have worked well with Kingmambo (Hurrican Run with a Kingmambo mare produced Mountain Run, HR's runners tend to be at a mile or a little more).

My King's Best - who is retiring this year - is going to Guitar, which is admittedly a LOT of the Storm Cat line, but the main man is far enough back for me not to be too concerned.
I'm just here for the fun of it
Jonathan Bolt
Listed Stakes Winner

Post by Jonathan Bolt »

If you are looking for a turf sprint to a mile stallion my stallion Mark of Esteem would be a total outcross.