Quick Question

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Bill Deitch
Grade 3 Winner

Post by Bill Deitch »

I have a mare named <a href='http://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.php?HorseID=37104' target='_blank'>Silver Chance</a>, she is a full sister to Silver Charm. I bred her to Villain last year for the yearling Velocidad, who seems to be solid, but I was looking at what crossed well with Silver Buck mares for this year, and it gave me 2 questions to ask:

1.) What is your opinion of a cross to A.P. Indy??

2.) What about any other game point stallions? It seems that they tend to cross better with classic lines, but I don't know these lines as well...hence asking for help!! ;)

Thanks for your input!
Carolyn Eaton
Hall of Fame

Post by Carolyn Eaton »

A.P Indy may work well, you get a double 3 X 4 to Buckpasser and Poker.

You can also consider Declan's Moon (a grandson of AP Indy)- who had a successful cross with a Silver Charm mare producing Shoot for the Moon.

Of the other GP studs - Distorted Humor hypomates well - you get Mr P through Forty Niner and Danzig into the cross, but the DH's have been more hit-or-miss than the Indy's.

Good luck and happy racing
I'm just here for the fun of it
Laura Ferguson
Hall of Fame

Post by Laura Ferguson »

Well, the real trick is: what are you trying to breed?

With Villain, the answer seems to be dirt sprinter. If you think she's going to produce good dirt sprinters, then Indy isn't a good cross for this mare, as he is a superior dirt route sire.

There isn't necessarily a lot to go on in terms of new SIM - the stallion, Forever Silver, by Silver Buck, may be your best bet, and he sired mostly sprinter/milers, so I would probably be looking that way, rather than classic routers. In that case, if you're looking at game point stallions, I'd go with Mr. Greeley. Distorted Humor has had some nice runners, but he's also had some pretty bad runners, so Carolyn's right, he's pretty hit or miss.

Hope that helps!