Belmont Stakes

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Gwayne's World
Eclipse Champion

Belmont Stakes

Post by Gwayne's World »

Hey, it runs tomorrow!

If Brody's Cause gets any kind of pace to run into, #12 at a morning line of 20/1, could spring the upset?

Exaggerator, a very nice horse, is of course, the obvious choice!
Heather Left
Miler

Re: Belmont Stakes

Post by Heather Left »

Brody's Cause is my pick! Go Brody!

If I had an Off-track-betting account, I'd bet a superfecta box with Brody, Exaggerator, Destin, and Lani.
A M D G

"It's not what you say, it's what you do. And what you did was say things." -Adam, Studio C
Carole Hanson
Hall of Fame

Post by Carole Hanson »

Lani is apparently more well behaved recently according to tweets and he has been coming closer and closer. This I think is a good distance for him. I pick him to win and I think if not him then Exaggerator who I think no matter what will run very well! ETA: Ooh forgot about Stradivari, sentimental pick!

By the way, not sure if I'm allowed to discuss this here but thoroughbredchampions.com went down like a week after Preakness and hasn't been back up since. It was my no.1 source of horsey talk and news and stuff and I was wondering whether there are other forums? I miss talking horse racing, I know the SIM is here but we more often talk about the game.

Also a side-note, how cool is it that the Belmont and the Long Island Classic and Royal Ascot and the SIM counterparts lined up to be in the same weeks!
Last edited by Carole Hanson 8 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
Gwayne's World
Eclipse Champion

Post by Gwayne's World »

Carole, equibase.com is my go to site for news and info for thoroughbred racing!

Also, checkout bloodhorse.com
Carole Hanson
Hall of Fame

Post by Carole Hanson »

Wow Frosted in the Met Mile! Stakes record set! 1:32.73, also largest margin of victory in the Met Mile ever

Chrome crushed him in Dubai...

Nah but I know that was a different country but still ;)
Nena Olson
Hall of Fame

Post by Nena Olson »

Frosted was EPIC!!

Yea, you can't compare performances on two different tracks. Frosted deserves all the glory without any mention of Chrome. Let Frosted shine in his own spotlight after that performance!
✧.* SIM Artist ੈ✩‧₊˚
Carole Hanson
Hall of Fame

Post by Carole Hanson »

Creator by the shortest of noses from Destin! Lani finished 3rd. 1-2-3 grey trifecta!

Also 1st and 3rd for Tapit!
Gwayne's World
Eclipse Champion

Post by Gwayne's World »

Checking my handbook, "101 Excuses For Losing!"

I'll get back to ya later?
Lori Hamill
Hall of Fame

Post by Lori Hamill »

Gwayne Mike wrote:Carole, equibase.com is my go to site for news and info for thoroughbred racing!

Do they have forums now? (I am missing thoroughbredchampions, too, even though I very rarely posted there. I enjoyed reading everyone's thoughts.)

Creator was my sentimental pick so I'm happy he won. I just assumed that Exaggerator would take it, as long as Kent rode a decent race. I wasn't betting the race so I didn't really have any strong feeling either way.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Gwayne's World
Eclipse Champion

Post by Gwayne's World »

Nena Olson
Hall of Fame

Post by Nena Olson »

Apparently TBC was hacked and they are working to get things all back up and running... at least that is what I last heard which was June 1st.
✧.* SIM Artist ੈ✩‧₊˚
Louise Bayou
Hall of Fame

Post by Louise Bayou »

Lori Hamill wrote:
Gwayne Mike wrote:Carole, equibase.com is my go to site for news and info for thoroughbred racing!

Do they have forums now? (I am missing thoroughbredchampions, too, even though I very rarely posted there. I enjoyed reading everyone's thoughts.)

Creator was my sentimental pick so I'm happy he won. I just assumed that Exaggerator would take it, as long as Kent rode a decent race. I wasn't betting the race so I didn't really have any strong feeling either way.

"as long as Kent rode a decent race" is right. I thought he rode a horrible race and had the horse wide the whole way....
“It’s like I’m driving a Mac truck with the speed of a Porsche and the brain of a rocket scientist,” Gary Stevens on Beholder
Lori Hamill
Hall of Fame

Post by Lori Hamill »

I know, right? For some reason Kent and Belmont do not go together well. I was like, wait...is this Big Brown again?
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Carole Hanson
Hall of Fame

Post by Carole Hanson »

123 Beyer for Frosted!!
Nena Olson
Hall of Fame

Post by Nena Olson »

Wow! He was definitely in beast mode
✧.* SIM Artist ੈ✩‧₊˚