It's been a while....

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Nick Gilmore
Hall of Fame

It's been a while....

Post by Nick Gilmore »

since I started one of these threads. The last one I started was for Robespierre and it was Jabberwocky before him. And there were others equally talented, I've been extremely lucky!

Last season I had Dreamcast break his maiden in his second start with a 92 speed figure!!!! Was I proud of him! There's no saying how far he'll go.

This year I've come up with a sentimental favorite in Chance Encounter. His grand dam, Collision Course was a Steward bred I'd purchased for $429k. She was fun to run and acquired European 2 year old and South American Older Mare Simmys. Her son Coriolanus was a nice racehorse earning just over a million, but was no hero in the breeding shed, lol. CC's claim to fame comes through her Steward bred (I can't take credit, lol) daughter Chance Collision, who when bred to Stalingrad, produced my newest champ in the making.

In this day and age, yearlings are working 5 furlongs on the grass in a very rapid 57+ seconds (or is it just Carolyn's? Lol). This little (15.3) colt's fastest time was 58:53 and he was an "allowance" gallop. Ok, let's not get excited...then he ran and his speed figure was a whopping 96! Wow, he blew me away. I do realize that may have very well been his only good race, but what the heck....go Chancy!
Dan Kauffman
Hall of Fame

Re: It's been a while....

Post by Dan Kauffman »

Wow, who could have seen that 96 coming?!? Cool story and best wishes!
‹Ali Hedgestone› Oh you get addicted to the crack after a while.
This spot reserved for my super-amazing TR stallion come Year 136.
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

It wouldn't be a SIM year if Nick Gilmore didn't have a 2yo grass horse blow our minds. It's basically law by now.
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
Nick Gilmore
Hall of Fame

Post by Nick Gilmore »

The Steward wrote:It wouldn't be a SIM year if Nick Gilmore didn't have a 2yo grass horse blow our minds. It's basically law by now.
Kind words, indeed! Thanks much.....but it would be nice if I could get the odd filly, lol
Nick Gilmore
Hall of Fame

Post by Nick Gilmore »

Chancy is now an undefeated stake winner...complete with a very handsome face!