King George

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Melissa Mae
Hall of Fame

King George

Post by Melissa Mae »

I was going to do this before the Arc but my superstitions wouldn't let me.

King George is the half-brother to my other good horse Mr. O'Brien so following the naming theme, I named him after one of my favorite O'Brien horses (Order of St George) but I never assumed he'd do this well when I named him.

Other than his debut where he put in a bad performance (something I now blame on his fitness) he's been a star. My focus is almost always European racing so he headed to European classics and won two Derbies for me. Ironically, he was beat by Peace Be With You, whose dam beat his big brother in Australia a few (real) years ago.

For some reason or other that I can't remember now, I never ran Mr. O'Brien in the Arc and always regretted that so decided to head that way with King George even if he was just 3. I have literally wanted a win in the Arc since I realized there was one in SIM nearly 10 years ago but have been very picky about what I put in the race so have only have 2 or 3 runners so it's been a long, frustrating battle to get there. Thankfully I don't have to worry about that first goal anymore but after learning no one has won the Arc twice with the same horse, that's become the next goal.

He's had a very short campaign this year because of RL stuff taking over in the first weeks of the year but George is done for the year unless he vets like a rockstar next week. Next up is the Pegasus Cup on Week 2 then I'll be working back from the Arc on his schedule the rest of the year.
Mr. Lord Rich
Hall of Fame

Re: King George

Post by Mr. Lord Rich »

Congrats on the awesome win!!
A CAVAL DONATO NON SI GUARDA IN BOCCA
Melissa Mae
Hall of Fame

Post by Melissa Mae »

Thanks, Pete!
Heather Left
Miler

Post by Heather Left »

Can't help noticing that King George has a very nice pedigree! He has a bright future and stallion career ahead of him!

It is so wonderful to own (and have bred) such an incredible racehorse. Many congratulations.
A M D G

"It's not what you say, it's what you do. And what you did was say things." -Adam, Studio C
Melissa Mae
Hall of Fame

Post by Melissa Mae »

It's been a rough year for George due to a stupid owner. I ran him in the Pegasus Turf when he wasn't fully fit so he put in the worst race of his career. I then snuck a race in between the Pegasus and Dubai so he ran his race there and put in another badish run (I'm not willing to say an 83 Speed Figure is a truly bad run) and had to skip his first European goal of the year Week 8 due to my crazy entering for him.

He looks back on track now with a win in the German International Cup last night with a 91 Speed Figure and will be going to the King George in two weeks because I think it'd be funny to have him run in a race that has existed longer than he has but is "named" after him. The goal is, of course, to win a second Arc Week 14 and he may head back to the Pegasus next year but I'm still thinking on that one.
Melissa Mae
Hall of Fame

Post by Melissa Mae »

George was back to his old self this week after a few tough races. He won the Grade 1 English Champion Stakes with a 90 to end the year. His Year 46 plans call for him staying in Europe all year and he'll probably debut Week 4 unless the vet says he's kicking the stall down on Week 2. I'm hoping his Week 16 performance is an indication that he's at the top of his game again but we're going to play next season race by race with the big goals being the King George and Arc if he's not ready to throw in the towel.