Shmexy So Cal Fillys

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Ian Nicastrin
Grade 2 Winner

Post by Ian Nicastrin »

From recent Del Mar races...

Silver Swallow:
I have an unhealthy obsession with this filly... too bad she is stuck on her 2nd places... I was hoping she could pick things up and make it to the BC.

Nashoba's Key:
One beautifully elegant and fast filly...

The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

Nashoba's Key - one of the coolest horses to ever live, I suspect. I am honored to have gotten to poke her and see some of her races. And write about her.

LOVE the one coming out of the tunnel, Ian.
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
Ara Davies
Hall of Fame

Post by Ara Davies »

Uh, are those Whataburger silks?
You're not getting a dead button...in fits of rage, John Slotman and Ara Davies and Jolene Danner would literally kill half their barns.
- The Steward

That's my new motto: Don't quit, just shut up.
- Bryan Doolittle
Ian Nicastrin
Grade 2 Winner

Post by Ian Nicastrin »

I don't know
Mallory Claire

Post by Mallory Claire »

God I need to get my butt to Del Mar.
Katy Turner
Grade 2 Winner

Post by Katy Turner »

I LOVE Nashoba's Key. I wish to here and back again that I could see her race live, but suspect that that's sort of a pipe dream.
Martin Pennington
Hall of Fame

Post by Martin Pennington »

Surprised the ladies on this thread haven't picked up on the excellent colour co-ordination on the grey filly - with the bandages and the bridle/reins all bieng a lovely pale yellow :)
Jolene Danner
Hall of Fame

Post by Jolene Danner »

Martin Pennington wrote: Surprised the ladies on this thread haven't picked up on the excellent colour co-ordination on the grey filly - with the bandages and the bridle/reins all bieng a lovely pale yellow :)
but her cavesson/noseband is leather! Gasp! Perhaps if she was the 4 horse the color matching karma would have done her well.
John Slotmon
Hall of Fame

Post by John Slotmon »

Wait, there's a Captain Morgan's BAR on the infield at Del Mar????
"John Slotman and <name redacted> are always sooooo amazingly generous with new and struggling players- I think we all thank you!" - April Eddy, 3/6/2012
Emily Thompson
Grade 2 Winner

Post by Emily Thompson »

J Slotman wrote: Wait, there's a Captain Morgan's BAR on the infield at Del Mar????
Well, that's sold it. I'm taking a road trip to Del Mar!
Krystle Yanagihara
Grade 2 Winner

Post by Krystle Yanagihara »

Silver Swallow is absolutely stunning. She's so beautiful! And Captain Morgan?! THAT'S MY KIND OF DRINK BABY!!!
Martin Pennington
Hall of Fame

Post by Martin Pennington »

Doubles all round then people?
Ian Nicastrin
Grade 2 Winner

Post by Ian Nicastrin »

You can sleep on the floor of my living room... but the Steward and Rose have dibs on the couch... Pacific Classic 8/19 =p
S.C. Burns

Post by S.C. Burns »

Wow...I've never seen a horse that was such a beautiful shade of grey...

She's like...a dove.

Swooooooon.
Ian Nicastrin
Grade 2 Winner

Post by Ian Nicastrin »

This is what happens when you don't have anything to do at work... or don't want to be doing anything at work: <a href='http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nashoba%27s_Key' target='_blank'>Nashoba's Key on Wikipedia</a>

I do suggest if you are bored, and know a lot about a stakes winning horse that doesn't have an article... you take a try at making one... I just looked at other race horses pages (under the edit page function) to see the code they used. And you have to upload your photos to the Wiki database... as in your photos you actually took, not stole off the net.

Silver Swallow is next on my list... but umm... I need help... any of you hardcore fans with access to the pay databases want to help me with what you can find on her and message me... she isn't good enough to be in NTRA's database... I only know about her last few races.