Breeding Winning Season

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Inca Stables
Eclipse Champion

Post by Inca Stables »

Ok,

I have recieved the great pleasure of picking a foal out of her. I have done a little research and would love some input on it.

My first thought is to go with what has worked and bred her to Zenno Rob Roy, but have come up with a few other options, I also think that Compelling would be a nice breeding as well as Brave the War. Any imput would be greatly appreciated.

Again thanks to Laura for her leasing program.

Miryam
Inca Stables
Eclipse Champion

Post by Inca Stables »

In doing some more research I found this stud that might work.

<a href='http://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.php?HorseID=23537' target='_blank'>http://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.php ... D=23537</a>

Give me your thoughts

Miryam Cornwall
Eric Nalbone
Hall of Fame

Post by Eric Nalbone »

My first recommendation would be to settle on whether you think this is a turf or a dirt mare, and whether you think she's a router or a sprinter. Your suggestions range from turf milers (Seer) to dirt sprinters (Compelling) to dirt routers (Brave The War) to a "jack-of-all-trades" type (Zenno Rob Roy). That's a mess, you've gotta start with figuring out what kind of stallion you're looking for.

I personally would be looking at turf horses, so scratch Compelling and Brave The War from your list. I do like the notion of going to a son/grandson of Sunday Silence, and horses that fit that bill who are on my list of stallions I'll breed to are Dance In The Dark, Fuji Kiseki (full disclosure: I own him), Highlands, Special Week, Thank You, Zenno Rob Roy, and when he retires, Tondeiru. Of that list, Dance In The Dark and Special Week are certainly the most accomplished, while Zenno Rob Roy, Fuji Kiseki and Thank You offer you the most in terms of potential surface versatility, and Highlands has the best pedigree. Tondeiru has been an unbelievable racehorse as well and I love his chances to be a big time stallion, so its hard to go wrong off of that list.

If you opt to go a different route, its no accident that mares from this family have seen their share of Storm Cat/Giant's Causeway blood. The myriad Storm Cat/Kingmambo crosses out there have yielded more than their share of success stories, so you could look that way. Other options include crossing her to something carrying Sadler's Wells (success has come through Hurricane Run or Motivator [full disclosure: I own him], and I also LOVE Super Light as a potenitally huge sire) or to Sinndar to replicate the cross in Golden Ratio.
Inca Stables
Eclipse Champion

Post by Inca Stables »

Eric,

Thank you for your help, I am relatively new at breeding and like the list of options you have provided me.

Miryam