Trotter Broodie of the Year - Heat 1

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.

Who should win heat 1 of Trotter Broodmare of the Year?

Poll ended at 7 years ago

Apple of His Eye
11%
Boys Think Im Hot
No votes
Diamond Formation
33%
Forty Ounces
No votes
Hot Blooded Woman
56%
Made of Cash
No votes
Muddied Mare
No votes

Total votes: 9

Gigi Gofaster
Hall of Fame

Trotter Broodie of the Year - Heat 1

Post by Gigi Gofaster »

Well, we had 14 (!) broodmares eligible for last year's broodmare of the year, so we will run it in two heats of 7 each, then a final with the top two.

As a reminder, mares are eligible if they have produced two or more stakes winners in the race year, and the final winner gets a beautiful headshot!

Previous winners (for info):
Year 43: Forty Ounces (Lucas Davenport)
Year 42: You Will Be Glad (Doug Kidwell)
Year 41: Assets (Brianna MacKenzie)
Year 40 - Dainty (Gigi Gofaster)
Year 39 - Smooth Hoperator (Angus McClab)
Year 38 - Looks Can Kill (Franky Dam)
Year 37 - Bank (Brianna McKenzie)
Year 36 - Free Brunch (Patrick O Malley)
Year 35 - Tease Me (Patrick O Malley)
Year 34 - Honey Fox (Fogell McLovin)

Here's Heat 1. Mares are listed in alphabetical order, no preferences or adjustments have been made.

Apple of His Eye: Laura Ferguson bred and owned, this daughter of Up Around the Bend had two stakes winners. 4yo gelding Knute won three stakes including a grade 3, and 2yo Odysseus won two sponsored stakes.

Boys Think I'm Hot: Doug Kidwell's mare is sadly passed away, but this daughter of previous nominee You Should be Glad (who also produced previous winner You Will Be Glad) had two in the ever lasting BYOB, winning one at the age of 9 (a Grade One though) and 4yo Breathing New Life who picked up two.

Diamond Formation: The catch of the century from Jaysman out of the Fogell dispersal and now with Nikki Everdeen, this mare had three this year. 2yo Act of Heroism picked up a stakes win, 3yo Herb wn two including a grade 1 (the 3rd leg of the trotter triple crown), and 4yo Diamond Blade was another great ex-Fogell pick up for Ali Hedgestone, wining thre]ee including a Grade 2 and the Steward's Cup Open.

Forty Ounces: This prior winner is back again with two, 3 yo Ounce of Diamonds picked up one stakes win, and 4yo Awesome Forty won two for this Abe Froman bred mare, now in the hands of Lucas Davenport

Hot Blooded Woman: Doug Kidwell's mare made it here with two. 3yo Visons in My head was the star, with 3 stakes wins and two of those in grade one's - The Emotonian and the Steward's Cup Classic. 4yo The Red Road also won three, making an impact in Europe with two of those in Belgium.

Made of Cash: This Justin Turner bred mare s turning out to be a super bargain claim for Sten Rino Haakonsen, with two to her name this year. 2 yo Rumble of the Day and 4yo Rite on the Money each picked up a stakes win to get this mare of the list.

Muddied Mare: this one for Thomas Makalele rounds out heat one. This Iggy-bred mare had two, 2yo Freddy Mak and 3 yo Erica Mak each picked up a stakes win this year.
"I was afraid of Gigi, it was true." Oh yes. Be afraid. Be very afraid...
"Gigi, you continue to impress the heck out of me." - The Steward. Okay, it was 10 RL years ago, but I'm keeping it.