Trotter Broodie of the Year - fun facts

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Gigi Gofaster
Hall of Fame

Trotter Broodie of the Year - fun facts

Post by Gigi Gofaster »

here are some fun facts from last year's trotter stakes season:

148 mares produces at least one stakes winner.

163 horses won at least one stakes race, and 18 won 3 or more. here are the big hitters:
- 6 wins: Bille Joe and Kissandkeepsecrets
- 4 wins: Smirkavia and Winning at Gin

If we take out sponsored races, leading trainers are: Lucas davenport (28 wins from 16 horses), Tom Lin (17 wins from 16 horses), Patrick O'Malley (16 wins from 8 horses), Doug Kidwell (15 wins from 9 horses), Gigi Gofaster (13 wins from 10 horses), Brianna Mackenzie (12 wins from 5 horses), and Kent Saunders (11 wins from 7 horses).

Similarly, leading breeders are Lucas Davenport (17 horses winning 29 races), Tom Lin (15 horses winning 16 races), Doug Kidwell (10 horses winning 18 races)

Sire of the most stakes winners (pretty much same top as last year, but Fighting Irish nabbed top spot, and Quarter Hops broke into the ranks):
- Fighting Irish (21!)
- Quarter Hops and Quarter Hog (13 each)
- Made of Awesome (12)
- Last Day on Earth (11)

Times have been adjusted, but there were 57 times winners under 1:52.00 from 39 different horses. Fastest was Kissandkeepsecrets (by Stag Nite) with 1:51.67.

3 of the 'new breds' (Steward sales) won stakes races, with Life of Loyalty winning three including a grade 1.

Oldest stakes winner was Tremulous, at 10 years old. 9 yos Awesome Abby and BYOB and 8yos Locke Lamora and Made of Candy hold up the argument to keep them running!
"I was afraid of Gigi, it was true." Oh yes. Be afraid. Be very afraid...
"Gigi, you continue to impress the heck out of me." - The Steward. Okay, it was 10 RL years ago, but I'm keeping it.