Fondest Memory of the Sim Game or Favorite Sim Hor

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Tammy Fox
Eclipse Champion

Post by Tammy Fox »

Okay, what are your fondest memories of the sim game.
Mine is Moved To Tears without a doubt and her winning the Hong Kong Vase 2 yrs in a row. She was a 42,000 auction purchase I made the first year I was in the game that became a multi-millionaire winner for me and opened my door to the wonderful world of turf racing. Her daughter is my second fondest memory. Tears of the Stars was an incredibly talented 2 yr old that won the South American and European 2 yr turf filly eclipse award.

But as I told our lovely steward(who I want to say thank you for getting in contact with me to let me know the sim game was coming back) my most fondest memory of all time is Moved To Tears. I don't think anything will ever compare to that.

Tammy
Ara Davies

Post by Ara Davies »

Obviously, I have a lot of fond memories, but one of the most special for me took place just prior to the start of Year 5, in the gap between SIM 1 and SIM 2. We were all buying up yearlings left and right and I picked out a yearling colt by Gentlemen because I'd been a huge fan of that horse. Along with the colt came a message from the Steward: "Take good care of him, he's a good one." That colt went on to win the Kentucky Derby. His name was Sports Jersey.

And now he's going to be my stable pony because he's too fat to do anything else haha

Also there was when Em and I came up with the name Lookit and I was driving my car and shrieking "LOOKIT LOOKIT HAHAHA" and I almost crashed. That was funny only because I did not crash.
Ronda Figal
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Ronda Figal »

Lets see..i guess my best memeory would be of my Filly Rember To Smile hitting the winner circle in stakes company and when Thestarsajetsetter broke his maiden..he was my first winner by my stallion Really A Star and there was nothing tocompare to him moving up into stakes company.....
Sara Kendall
Grade 2 Winner

Post by Sara Kendall »

Ahh Mine would have to be purchasing T M Awesome O for a mere 10k and then him winning the Estrellas Classic twice! Also, Confirmation's wins were always special to me. :)
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

My favorite SIM horse was always Loki Flame, just because he was special to me and he is cool.

My fondest SIM memory is the Scarlet Nite x Satelite match race - it stirred the whole gang up. What a gutty pair of horses! I also loved the chat parties, too.

My least fondest SIM memories are when people whine about... oops.
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
Mandy Saunders
Eclipse Champion

Post by Mandy Saunders »

lol silly Em

My favorite will always be reading about Black Light's Breeders' Cup Sprint. I think my heart stopped.

But above all else, my favorite moment will always be when I was given the Eclipse Award of Merit. Made me want to cry, I felt so loved. :)
~ Mandy ~

Click here to visit The Stallions of Lakeside!

Last updated: Year 26, Break - Wow, it's been awhile, I need to get on that, lol

RIP Shelly & June...I will love you, always.
Eric Nalbone
Hall of Fame

Post by Eric Nalbone »

Tough call here;

It's gotta be either buying Mirror for a ridiculous amount of money and then seeing her to go on and do what she did, or Impressive edging Ground Zero in the BC Juvenile for my first real big win.
Steph Wilder
Derby Contender

Post by Steph Wilder »

Mine would have to be Bebravedon'tcry's derby win, just because no one else knew he had it in him. That was fun. My favorite not-my-horse moment would have to be the BC Classic w/ Fighting With Wit, Loki Masterpiece, and Walkover. Amazing race...though Robin's race call made it a heck of alot better. Good times.
Mallory Claire

Post by Mallory Claire »

You know, my favorie moment did not come in a G1 or even a stakes.

In my second year of the SIM, I splurged and sent my nicest mare, Sunday Best (who by the grace of god I got my hands on for next to nothing), to Gotham City. At the time, his $40,000 nearly broke my bank. But the resulting chestnut colt made me feel pretty good, and so No Delay entered my wimpy lineup.

He ended up going winless as a two year old, and through nearly half of his sophomore year. I was so sad. Of course, by then, I had more good horses, so it wasn't horrible, but I was always so sad he never won. Well, I finally ended up sticking a shadowroll on him and he won by 10 lengths in his next outing, in a maiden. And he then he won 11 more, and I was really proud because I always kind of thought he would have some sort of talent. He wound up with a record of 28: 12-10-1, over $1 million in earnings, and 3 stakes wins, included one graded stake. He was just one of those horses that was ultra consistent and fun to have around.

But yeah. No Delay's 10-length maiden win was definitely one of my favorite victories. It was just one of those personal things. You know.
Susie Rydell
Eclipse Champion

Post by Susie Rydell »

Honestly... probably being welcomed back in. Who'd have thought that would ever be the case? I really appreciate it, Em... <3 ya'!

Other than that... My BC Miles! Especially the second... my love, Birthday Candles, just nosing out my first winner, the wonderful Duskinthemeadow. Having two of the first to be stars on two continents in Runaway and Wild Island Twist. Gotham City's Preakness. Retiring Royal Moment and Sound of Silence undefeated. And the stories Em would occasionally write to accompany big days. I probably still have them in my room! And I know I have the Dusk/Birthday call!
Ara Davies

Post by Ara Davies »

Yay Susie! We are glad to have you back!
Daryl Dennis

Post by Daryl Dennis »

I didn't spend as much time in the game as most of you, but still was able to have a few awesome moments. I was fairly new player when I stumbled upon a magical cross (Canoe with Memorex Victory mares). The result was Accolade who had an incredible rivalry with Jet-Ski during the Triple Crown.

More generally, some of my fondest memories were naming horses in an effort to get some sort of response from Em. Usually the response was something like "Hug! Oooh, I like that name," or "Hairball? That's disgusting."

Daryl
Ronda Figal
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Ronda Figal »

ya the name game.. i think my favorites were Wowlotsofmonicomin and Sayalitleprayrforu...
IsaP

Post by IsaP »

The Edge of Night winning the Preakness...

Change the Stars being just awesome...

A Crown Awaits busting up the track...

Tropicaldepression going from nothing to a stellar horse (always my fave)...
IsaP

Post by IsaP »

SQUEEEEEEEEEEEE!

I get to race Crown in Dubai! I get to race Crown in Dubai!

WOOHOO!!!