Get To Know Your Fellow SIMsters

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Nena Olson
Hall of Fame

Re: Get To Know Your Fellow SIMsters

Post by Nena Olson »

Alysse Peverell wrote:
Josh Bordeaux wrote:Alysse, cute pic! I couldn't help but notice the bear matched the bear on your shirt AND you and the bear have matching footies!
I will direct my mother to this photograph for evidence of my OCD tendencies. Thanks, Mom.

Oh, and I'm an ENTP. Hardcore ENTP.
I'm INFP. Fits me to a T too lol
✧.* SIM Artist ੈ✩‧₊˚
Carole Hanson
Hall of Fame

Post by Carole Hanson »

PERSONAL

What is your player name in the game? (If different from your forum name, what name should one look for if they want to sent you an in-game message?)
Carole Hanson
Is your player name different from your real life name?
Yes, my real name is Kinga Kowalczyk
How old are you?
19 going on to 20 soon!
What is your highest level of education?
Currently A-levels
What is/was your occupation?
I am a music student at the Royal Welsh College of Music and Drama
Want to tell us a little about your family?
Pretty normal really. Mom, dad, older brother, younger brother and very young sister as well as our family dog and pet rabbit! They're all sports orientated which is strange because I'm not (although my sister is showing signs of having artistic potential), and they all have dark blond/brown hair and brown eyes, compared with my honey blond hair and blue eyes ;)
Where do you live?
Southampton, UK or Cardiff, Wales in term time
Any hobbies or passions, beyond SIM, that you want to share?
I play the violin so I guess you could count that but I also love watching any type of sport (apart from golf and cricket)!
What have you done in your life that you’re the most proud of, or that makes you feel the most joyous?
I guess making it to a music college would be up there but soon I'm set to play in my college orchestra at the Royal Albert Hall in London so I think that will be no.1 for a while!
What is your most outstanding personal trait?
Most people who know me would probably say that I'm super quiet and reserved but I have an extremely competitive nature which sometimes can be harmful to myself.

REAL LIFE HORSES/HORSE RACING

Are you a racing fan or are/have otherwise been involved in horse racing?
Yes I love horse racing! I think it's my true passion in life! However I haven't, nor do I think I will ever be more involved in it than just as a massive fan.
Have you met any famous racehorses up close?
I met Verrazano and Olympic Glory up close, the latter was super feisty whilst Verrazano was a picture perfect stunner! Very imposing!
What’s the greatest race(s) you’ve ever attended, or is otherwise the most memorable that you attended?
The 2014 1 mile Grade 1 at Newbury (clearly no that memorable if I can't remember the name haha!), first race meeting I ever attended of 2 so far.
Do you have a favorite racehorse(s)?
Without a doubt Sea The Stars. He was the horse that drew me in to the sport and kept me going with it throughout all of 2009. I follow his progeny very closely!
Are you/have you been involved in other equine activities?
I recently started riding again after a long long break and I'm loving it! Definitely continuing to do that but I don't think I'll ever be competitive at it or anything

SIM
What game year did you join the SIM?
Year 29, just as Believe the Hype was going for the Triple Crown
What are the things that you particularly enjoy about the SIM?
I LOVE the breeding system (though I would like to see my horses grow up in pictures ;) ) and I love love love the in depth pedigrees!
Do you have a specific goal in mind?
Have a blue blooded broodmare band that just keeps firing out awesome horses for generations (kinda like in GR 2004)
Do you feel you have a particular knack in the game?
I'd say finding the right equipment on a horse and perhaps keeping them fit?
What do you find most frustrating about the game?
That I spend time and money on breeding what I think are good crosses to come up with nothing good. And that for a couple of years now, I haven't had a single good horse through my breeding barn.
What is your overall feeling about changes in the game, over the time you’ve been a player?
Generally the changes have been wonderful and have really helped the game grow so I love most of them but still feel salty about having to wait for gallop results.
What breed/distance/surface divisions do you play? Do you intend to get involved in additional ones, or drop any?
Turf sprint+route and I sometimes dip into dirt milers and run a couple of dirt routers. I used to be mainly dirt router focused but that wasn't sustainable and since I've dropped it, my barn has been thriving!
Do you have a favorite division?
Turf routers. It's prestigious enough but you can still manage to break into it with not the best horses.
Is there a particular horse that you feel was the key to your success in SIM?
Not yet in particular but I feel Queen of Atlantis might be the one
Is there a particular race you’ve won that you were particularly proud or gratified to win?
Any stakes races I win are massive for me! For years I struggled to win any and now I win them regularly and that's amazing for me! Saying that, I don't think I've ever even won a Grade 2!
If you’ve thought about leaving the game (or have left and returned), what makes you stay, or prompted you to return?
I have gotten bored at times but at times like that, I look at my barn and see all these horses I bred and raced and it always makes me think that it would be a waste of good hard work.
What do you think other players would be the most surprised to know about you as a player?
Perhaps that I am from Poland (hence my strange name)
What do you want most from the SIM?
Enjoyment and interest!
Would you like to share a photo of yourself?
From our string quartet photoshoot
Melissa Mae
Hall of Fame

Post by Melissa Mae »

PERSONAL
What is your player name in the game? Melissa Mae
Is your player name different from your real life name? Sort of
How old are you? 27
What is/was your occupation? I kind of do/have done many things in the horse racing industry
Where do you live? Kentucky
Any hobbies or passions, beyond SIM, that you want to share? Horse racing is literally 24/7 for me but I also enjoy Harry Potter (if you don't, we can't be friends), hockey and NASCAR.

Are you a racing fan or are/have otherwise been involved in horse racing? I work in horse racing
Have you met any famous racehorses up close? I once got to hang on to American Pharoah's halter while it was on him.

What’s the greatest race(s) you’ve ever attended, or is otherwise the most memorable that you attended? St. Nicholas Abbey's win in the 2011 Breeders' Cup Turf was pretty epic to be at. Pharoah winning the Classic was one I'll never forget. I've attended a lot of Tepin's races so they are memorable (especially the ones I went to before Tepin was Tepin). Found winning the Breeders' Cup Turf and Stephanie's Kitten winning the F&M Turf are two of my favorite races because I love those ladies. I'm sure there are many others I am forgetting right now that will come to me as soon as I get off the computer.

Do you have a favorite racehorse(s)? St. Nicholas Abbey is and will always be my favorite all-time racehorse. Point Given, Highland Reel, Order of St. George, Close Hatches, The Fugue, Camelot, Rags to Riches, Goldikova and Attain (a stakes placed horse very few people know) round out my top 10 flat horses. Sprinter Sacre, Plinth, Shield, Demonstrative and Hurricane Fly are my favorite jumps horses.

Are you/have you been involved in other equine activities? I rodeoed and showed performance when I was younger.

SIM
What game year did you join the SIM? Back when 1 was in front of the year number ... 16, maybe?

Do you have a specific goal in mind? Well, winning the Arc has been my goal since I joined so I'm searching for a new one ... maybe the European Triple Crown.

Do you feel you have a particular knack in the game? Turf routers

What do you find most frustrating about the game? My collection of claimers

What is your overall feeling about changes in the game, over the time you’ve been a player? Sometimes I don't like them but over time I grow indifferent or start to like them.

What breed/distance/surface divisions do you play? Do you intend to get involved in additional ones, or drop any? Turf routers, steeplechasers and mid-distance paints are my main ones. I'm slowly moving out of paints, though not on purpose.

Do you have a favorite division? Turf routers

Is there a particular horse that you feel was the key to your success in SIM? Celebrity Sighting probably started it all. Mr. O'Brien, Find Your Way and King George have probably been my biggest personal successes.

Is there a particular race you’ve won that you were particularly proud or gratified to win? Hands down, the Arc.

If you’ve thought about leaving the game (or have left and returned), what makes you stay, or prompted you to return? I take breaks where I enter very few horses but then I get bored on the internet and come back to playing full time.

What do you think other players would be the most surprised to know about you as a player? That my most overall success percentage wise probably came from TB dirt sprinters when I used to focus on them years ago (now I don't even have 1 in my barn)

What do you want most from the SIM? To become the Coolmore of Europe.

If you can name the racehorse/stud muffin, you get brownie (points).
Louise Bayou
Hall of Fame

Post by Louise Bayou »

^ Caleb!
“It’s like I’m driving a Mac truck with the speed of a Porsche and the brain of a rocket scientist,” Gary Stevens on Beholder
Laura Smith
Hall of Fame

Post by Laura Smith »

PERSONAL

What is your player name in the game? Laura Smith
Is your player name different from your real life name? Yes, because several eons ago I felt it was smart to replace my real last name with the least imaginative fake one.
How old are you? Dirty 30!
What is your highest level of education? College diploma in Culinary Management. Did three years of university biochem before my quarter-life crisis.
What is/was your occupation? I'm a chef (although I despise the use of that word for anyone who is not literally currently in the process of running a restaurant) and right now more specifically a baker.
Want to tell us a little about your family? I grew up an only child, but part of a large and tightly knit family. I lost my mom to leukemia when I was 18 and I'm not exaggerating one bit when I say that the SIM helped me through those first very difficult and turbulent years afterwards.
Where do you live? The lovely Okanagan Valley, the northern extension of the Sonoran Desert. There are a million mountains and lakes, and there's plenty of wine, so life is good.
Any hobbies or passions, beyond SIM, that you want to share? Cooking and baking are huge, and I'm pretty much doing one or the other all of the time. I've been doing a lot of fishing lately. Hiking, cycling, swimming in the lake. Beer (the PNW is the Promised Land of craft beer) and wine (my boyfriend's a winemaker, and it's a pretty immersive and interesting world to be a part of, and yeah, wine is pretty good.)
What have you done in your life that you’re the most proud of, or that makes you feel the most joyous? Degrees and certifications are cool, but every good review of the restaurant I helped build, every smile from a guest after they've eaten, every nice comment card, every batch of nice bread dough in the mixer, every time a perfect loaf comes out of the oven... these are unbeatable.
What is your most outstanding personal trait? I'm unfortunately rarely able to focus on my outstanding traits in favour of focusing on my negative ones. Possibly the fact that I am always striving to do better, because I could always do better.

Are you a racing fan or are/have otherwise been involved in horse racing? Big fan for 20 years or so, but never been hands-on involved.
Have you met any famous racehorses up close? Did s couple sets of nice KY stud farm visits in the 90s/early 00s. The day I got to touch both Danzig and Mr. P was pretty spectacular.
What’s the greatest race(s) you’ve ever attended, or is otherwise the most memorable that you attended? I managed to get to four Queen's Plates in a row from '97 to 2000, a decent feat for a preteen whose parents weren't convinced horse racing was a wholesome pursuit -- Awesome Again (awesome, obviously), Archers Bay (loved way too much; heartbroken when died), Woodcarver (also heartbreaking) and Scatter the Gold (where is he now? Anyone know? Korea?)
Do you have a favorite racehorse(s)? I really did love Archers Bay. Favorite Trick was big for me as well. Awesome Again for sure. Ghostzapper, Bernardini, Curlin more recently.
Are you/have you been involved in other equine activities? I rode hunters for as long as I could afford to be a working student (i.e. until university.)

SIM
What game year did you join the SIM? Year 16.
What are the things that you particularly enjoy about the SIM? Oh god everything. Race nights. Breeding. Gallops. Keeping track of my obscure turf sprint division.
Do you have a specific goal in mind? Having fun.
Do you feel you have a particular knack in the game? Throwing money at breeding turf sprinters.
What do you find most frustrating about the game? Uhh... not much, honestly. I'm pretty easy about things. I mean, I'd love a barn full of freaks, but, meh.
What is your overall feeling about changes in the game, over the time you’ve been a player? Again, I'm pretty easy; though I'm super routine-oriented and used to having things a certain way in real life, I'm pretty adaptable in the SIM. Hard to believe that when I joined we didn't have workouts or gallops or the vet or Australia.
What breed/distance/surface divisions do you play? Do you intend to get involved in additional ones, or drop any? TS land. I just like it! I have a couple dirt and turf routers too, plus some Paints, Appies and QHs hanging around, that sort of thing, nothing too crazy.
Do you have a favorite division? See above.
Is there a particular horse that you feel was the key to your success in SIM? A mare named Intuitively was a cheap buy and the beginning of quite a damline for me. Sockie was the first big horse that really went on to be a good sire for me.
Is there a particular race you’ve won that you were particularly proud or gratified to win? Big ones. And anything won by a homebred. Especially big ones won by a homebred. Toes Against Tile is, apparently, my only homebred TB SC winner, and that was cool.
If you’ve thought about leaving the game (or have left and returned), what makes you stay, or prompted you to return? Never considered leaving and I selfishly hope that it goes on forever.
What do you think other players would be the most surprised to know about you as a player? I'm not sure that most people pay that much attention to me, so hard to say!
What do you want most from the SIM? Like I said, for it to never end.

I have a cool picture of me and some bread from this morning but it didn't work first try and I'm tired.
LONG OVERDUE FARM: Keepin' it Canada since Year 16.
Stallions to meet your every need. As long as you need a turf sprinter.
Scott Eiland
Hall of Fame

Post by Scott Eiland »

PERSONAL

What is your player name in the game? (If different from your forum name, what name should one look for if they want to sent you an in-game message?) Scott Eiland

Is your player name different from your real life name? Slightly. I go by my middle name.

How old are you? 42

What is your highest level of education? BA in TV Radio and Film

What is/was your occupation? Health Insurance Claims Adjuster by day, voice artist/radio guy/announcer by night

Want to tell us a little about your family? I am divorced and I live in a van down by the river. I have my dad and two brothers.

Hobbies: Pro Wrestling, baseball, fantasy games and simulations, texas holdem poker, seven card stud, Omaha poker, craps, blackjack, broadcasting

What have you done in your life that you’re the most proud of, or that makes you feel the most joyous? I've been the voice behind several local television commercials and pro wrestling programs, but one of my weaknesses is I don't really experience joy like a normal person. I'm working on that.

What is your most outstanding personal trait? I'm a fiercely loyal friend and team player.

Are you a racing fan or are/have otherwise been involved in horse racing? Time for some boring answers. I'm a casual racing fan

Have you met any famous racehorses up close? No, but I could if I wanted because I have cool friends who would be happy to show me on two coasts ;p

What’s the greatest race(s) you’ve ever attended, or is otherwise the most memorable that you attended? That's easy. The 2015 Belmont Stakes.

Do you have a favorite racehorse(s)? I really loved Secretariat when I was a kid. He was succeeded by Pleasant Colony, then Smarty Jones, then Funny Cide. Yeah. Casual fan.

If you aren’t a fan of horse racing, what made you want to play the SIM? I was amazed that the brainchild of an 11 year old was becoming a thriving business.

If you weren’t a fan of horse racing when you joined the SIM, have you become interested in the sport since you started playing? Eh. I wish I was taken by it like some of my friends, who are hard core.

Are you/have you been involved in other equine activities? does betting on greyhounds count? I used to do that in Lemarque, Texas. Took a few second dates there. It was fun.

SIM
What game year did you join the SIM? 18

What are the things that you particularly enjoy about the SIM? friendship and competition

Do you have a specific goal in mind? I want to win another Louisville derby and my first SC Classic.

Do you feel you have a particular knack in the game? LOL no.

What do you find most frustrating about the game? Frustrating is a strong word. I tend to have a lot of close losses because I ALWAYS go for broke on my top guys/girls and I tend to dismiss art and eric and Susie, etc, as irrelevant obstacles to winning the big ones. When you fight for the top races, you're GOING TO have a lot of near misses. Those are tough. But I'm far from frustrated. Because every racing day I have friends who do well, some of them are super close. So it may SEEM like i'm curmudgeonly, but I'm not.

What is your overall feeling about changes in the game, over the time you’ve been a player? All of the changes seem to have improved things one way or another, whether I moan about it or not.

What breed/distance/surface divisions do you play? Do you intend to get involved in additional ones, or drop any? All thoroughbreds. I mostly end up with routers, but I like milers and sprinters too.

Do you have a favorite division? My favorite division is the National League East. That's right. A baseball division.

Is there a particular horse that you feel was the key to your success in SIM? Lucrezia Borgia, then Crime Fighter. Ball of Fire probably got me into the Hall of Fame.

Is there a particular race you’ve won that you were particularly proud or gratified to win? Year 18 Juvenile Fillies Turf, Year 34 Louisville Derby, Meshach going back to back in her two stewards cups.

If you’ve thought about leaving the game (or have left and returned), what makes you stay, or prompted you to return? No, because during break I usually really take a break.

What do you think other players would be the most surprised to know about you as a player? I seem like a boisterous extrovert, but in my real life I'm awfully amiable and unassuming.

What do you want most from the SIM? I want to bend the SIM to my will until I morph into Pinky & The Brain.

Host of the Hold All Tickets podcast on my own website. Your internet pal.
Cleo Patra
Hall of Fame

Post by Cleo Patra »

PERSONAL

What is your player name in the game? (If different from your forum name, what name should one look for if they want to sent you an in-game message?)
Cleo Patra

Yes. My real name is Hannah.

How old are you?

Bachelor of Business, with a management major

Jockey

My dad is an ex-jockey and a horse trainer. He's an absolutely incredible horseman. I also have an awesome high powered executive Mum. I have a brother and 3 sisters, all younger than me.

Where do you live?
Queensland, Australia

My horses, reading and I used to do a bit of web design and graphic design

What have you done in your life that you’re the most proud of, or that makes you feel the most joyous?
Riding 48 horses to victory from 364 race rides.

I have absolutely no fear on a horse, to the point where I actually have to be careful that I don't put myself and my horse into dangerous situations. I once shot through a half horse wide gap at a 45 degree angle when I got boxed in with 2 furlongs to go. Ended up winning the race, and Kerrie (the horse) was so awesome that I knew she'd be able to do it. Not a smart idea on a horse that would hesitate though!

Yes. I grew up in racing and I started to train as a jockey in 2010 at age 20.

Hmmm... Black Caviar would be the greatest I've met. I used to work with a G1 mare called Tinto as well.

What’s the greatest race(s) you’ve ever attended, or is otherwise the most memorable that you attended?
2010 Melbourne Cup (Americain) and 2011 BTC Cup (Black Caviar)

3 of my Dad's horses are my absolute favourites. Ascot Doll, Lisa Fashionista and Captain Clayton. I learned to ride on Dolly, and have a bunch of wins on Captain and Lisa (my Derby hopeful this year is named after Captain!)

I've also done dressage and showing, and I was a polo groom for 2 years in the UK.

SIM
Year 19

The friends I've made here, the fact that the game is always changing and growing and there is no way to "win" it. I've been playing for 9 years and I still feel like a newbie. I also love that the game's administrators are so hard working and really listen to our feedback.

I'd like to win the Derby and the Melbourne Derby (or whatever we call the Cup here)

Yep. I'm absolutely fantastic at getting the worst possible foals when I lease or swap mars :roll:

Right now? This thing

What is your overall feeling about changes in the game, over the time you’ve been a player?
There have been SO many changes. All of them have been great in the end. I think the introduction of training was a massive turning point. I'm really glad we have a fitness indicator now, because we were told we could get horses fit before but I never wanted to risk finding out HOW.

What breed/distance/surface divisions do you play? Do you intend to get involved in additional ones, or drop any?
I just do turf and dirt routers now. I wish I could do more but real life forced me to cut back.

Turf routing

Two Toned. He's single handedly been keeping my tiny little barn afloat for many seasons now. Honourable mentions to Creative License and Capricious.

Is there a particular race you’ve won that you were particularly proud or gratified to win?
The Arc with Joseph and the SC Juvenile with Extraordinary. They are both ludicrously hard races to win.

If you’ve thought about leaving the game (or have left and returned), what makes you stay, or prompted you to return?
I did have a break from the game. Our beloved Steward roped me back in though! Em being so involved with running the game gave me the chance to get to know her, and now I call her a close friend even though she's in LA and I'm in Australia. Scott Eiland and Art Vandelay also had a lot to do with dragging me back. I culled a lot of horses and now I spend the time I want to instead of the time I have to.

What do you think other players would be the most surprised to know about you as a player?
Ummm... not sure there is anything surprising. Maybe that I'm a ludicrously optimistic person in real life. I tend not to be in the game cause I know I'm not a great player and may never be. Whereas most of my real life optimism gets channelled into my riding and I know I'd a good jockey who can win on horse given half a chance.

For it to stay open forever and ever (Sorry Em and Huff Daddy. You're stuck with us!)

Captain Clayton and I winning at our home track.

AT STUD
DR... ROYAL ASSASSIN | WITTED
TR... DAY TO DAY | FIRST CLASS | MEGAPIXELS | MIJO | VALAR | WILDNESS
Future Sires... CINEMA (Y69 or 70) | TRAILBLAZING (Y68 or 69)
Melissa Mae
Hall of Fame

Post by Melissa Mae »

Louise Bayou wrote:^ Caleb!
Brownie points for Bay! I love that little poophead (I worked with him his first season at Three Chimneys).
Erica Olson
Listed Stakes Winner

Post by Erica Olson »

PERSONAL

No.

How old are you?

Masters in English Literature. I studied European history and philosophy as an undergrad and also did a year of graduate work in Classics.

Writer, although I've been laid up for a couple years due to illness.

My dad has a Ph.D in physics and teaches at a Native American tribal college, where he was instrumental in setting up many of their science/technology programs. He also works remotely from home on one of the cameras on NASA's Mars rover, Curiosity. My mom is a registered nurse who used to be the manager of nursing homes and now works from home. I'm an only child.

Where do you live?
A few miles outside a small town (1,000 people) in Montana. My county is the size of Rhode Island and has no stoplights.

Before I got sick, I loved to run 5Ks, half-marathons, and trail races, although I wasn't fast and usually hadn't trained nearly enough! I also competed on a master's rowing team. I love to fill the world with things I create: paintings, songs, crafts, etc.

The best year of my life was the one I spent studying abroad at Oxford. I couldn't believe that such a place actually existed and that I got to experience it every day. Favorite memories: wandering through the fog in Christ Church Meadow (which I called the "dreaming meadow," since it was where I dreamt up my writing ideas); walking beneath the musty medieval walls of New College Lane at night; taking day trips out to the countryside, like the time I almost got stranded in a village overnight because the driver for the last bus of the day decided to pass through town 30 minutes early.

Intelligence.

I've watched every Triple Crown race since I was 6 years old.

No.

The 2008 Preakness, won by Big Brown. I went by myself and kept phoning my parents excitedly the whole day. After the race, I was still so excited that I accidentally got on the train headed toward D.C. instead of toward Philadelphia, where I was living then. I ended up waiting for an hour and a half in the tiny waiting room at the Baltimore Airport for the last train of the day.

Silver Charm, Real Quiet, Charismatic, Smarty Jones, Big Brown... basically the list of the Derby-Preakness winners from the 1990s and 2000s. My heart was so invested in the hope for a Triple Crown winner. And now that we have him, I guess I have to say that American Pharoah is my favorite, although his existence still hasn't quite sunk in for me yet.

We bought our first horse, Tanga, in 1995 when she was 6 years old and I was 10. She was a palomino AQHA. Aside from a short time in 4-H, we mostly did trail rides with her in the Idaho/Montana mountains. We bred her to another beautiful palomino, which resulted in the 1999 birth of her daughter, Penny, who is a much darker and taller palomino than her mother. Tanga passed away from colic at the age of 21. Three years ago we got Sundae, a grulla APHA mare, as a companion for Penny. They are inseparable as sisters and were born exactly one month apart from each other in 1999 (April 19 and May 19).

SIM

Everything.

I love to get those Steward's Cup and milestone win trophies.

Not really. My greatest leaps forward have been by accident - acquiring my best racehorse (Daniela Mak) for $1 as a new player, my foundation Appy broodmare (Boonfire) from AJ, and my top stallion (Lord Awesome) from dispersal. Then I try to specialize in breeding Trotters and end up winning Steward's Cups with a 2y/o Pacer who has done squat since then (Holy Queen) and a Paint colt from a lease that I nearly forgot to go through with (Calabria King). So who the heck knows?

That it takes so long to accumulate wealth, and that I still don't have much of it. I wish I were one of those people who could drop a few million in a TBS auction!

They've been great! Even though I didn't join all that long ago, I feel that the game is so much better now than then.

I have a bit of everything. After Standardbreds, my barn is heaviest in Appys, Paints, and Arabians. I've been trying to establish myself in Appy routers and have a few really nice mares, so watch out!

Standardbreds!

A trio of "scary" Trotter yearlings I picked up from Thomas Makelele for $1 each when I was a new player: Daniela Mak, Delia Mak, and Destiny Mak. I hadn't really picked a specialty yet and was mainly racing TBs without much success, but the success of these three got me so excited about harness racing that I really started to invest money and time in it. Delia and Destiny didn't match the fame of Daniela on the track, but they're both blue hens and I can't wait to race their foals!

The G1 Emo Mile with Daniela Mak. It was my first G1 win and happened in the midst of a 7-race winning streak for her. I was so excited because she was my first really good horse.

That for the whole time I've played I've been so sick from headaches of unknown cause that I'm barely able to walk or go out of the house.

A familiar place of fun and relaxation.

Me in college with my beloved bari sax:
Hall of Fame Pacer!
Highland Billy

Trotter Stud:
Viceroy - 5K
Heather Left
Miler

Post by Heather Left »

This is an AWESOME idea!!!!!!

Heather Left - I don't mind being called Heather

Oh, indeed. In fact, I have no idea why I chose Heather Left for my SIM alias. It's quite different than my normal online alias, and I don't even feel it befits my personality. But, I don't have a problem with it.

Where do you live?
Southern California. I have to say I have a deep love for my hometown, but someday I'm moving to Kentucky. ;)

I am a big fan of music, opera and sacred music in particular. I enjoy singing in choirs and watching musicals & operas. Also, I love softball. And Maroon 5.

I've been into racing for two years now, and I like to think that I know a lot about it. Secretariat and California Chrome were pretty much the two horses that got me into the sport. I love Santa Anita and regularly attend the races there, as much as I can.

I did meet Funny Cide at the Kentucky Horse Park.

What’s the greatest race(s) you’ve ever attended, or is otherwise the most memorable that you attended?/Do you have a favorite racehorse?
I was at the 2015 Chandelier Stakes when I fell in love with Songbird once and for all. I didn't know who she was, other than a vague recollection that she was a stakes winner. I was actually just dropping by Santa Anita, hoping to catch the Awesome Again Stakes later in the day, but happened to run in just in time for the Chandelier. I was absolutely stunned by the filly I was seeing. I managed to catch a few pictures, and those pictures are my prize. I went home and found out that Songbird was an undefeated two-time grade one winner, and she automatically became my favorite racehorse. Almost a year later, I'm only falling more and more in love with her.

June 2015, so that was... what? Year 40? Honestly, I didn't even run in my first race until Year 43. Technically, I'm still a pretty new player.

I'm going to win the Triple Crown!!! Actually, not really.

I have a knack for searching up the best breeding crosses, breeding with those crosses, and coming up with racehorses that can't outrun a tree.

Most of the time, everyone hates the changes for about a month. After that, everyone loves them.

Currently, I'll take any Thoroughbred allowance horse. Need the money. However, my favorite divisions are dirt sprint, turf mile, and dirt route. My greatest success has been in dirt sprint, so that may end up my favorite division.
A M D G

"It's not what you say, it's what you do. And what you did was say things." -Adam, Studio C
Heather Left
Miler

Post by Heather Left »

And a little add-on: I'm an ENFP, so if anyone needs some pseudo-craziness in their life, I'm always here. And if anyone needs to chat, I'm always here. And if anyone needs help with their schedule, I'll be in Antarctica.
A M D G

"It's not what you say, it's what you do. And what you did was say things." -Adam, Studio C
Madelene Gilbert
Hall of Fame

Post by Madelene Gilbert »

I've had enough interviews and answered enough questions that I don't think I have much left to tell, and people are probably sick of me talking and just want me to shut up. But I'ma answer these anyway! :lol:

PERSONAL
Yep. Abigail (Abby) Madelene Elison, previously Wentzel. Gilbert is my mother's maiden name.

How old are you?
29, will be 30 in 2 months!

Bachelor of Applied Technology

Web and email designer/developer, graphic designer

Married, no kids (never will), one cat and one snake. Parents and one younger brother (soon to be married). Divorced in-laws and 13yo sister-in-law.

Where do you live?
Lexington, KY

Riding, reading (historical fiction, sci-fi and fantasy), knitting, drawing, gaming (RPGs, MMORPGs and city builders), watching NFL (GO STEELERS) and NHL (GO PENS), music (I play an ungodly number of instruments plus sing), and I'm sure there's more...

Finally got my career job and moved 2,000 miles across the country for it.

Sunny, happy, outgoing personality. At least, that's what everyone tells me.

I've been a "Triple Crown" fan for a while; I'd watch the races on TV when I remembered they were on, but that was about it. Since joining the SIM, and particularly the last 4-5 years, I've been paying more attention to the other big graded stakes races. Now that I'm in Kentucky, I'm taking advantage of the opportunities!

I have now! I was in Lexington right before last year's Breeder's Cup, so I got to see quite a few. But my most memorable was seeing Beholder (shoutout to Bay, THANK YOU!!!) and Silver Charm, who is my first Derby winner I remember. I also got to see Wise Dan at the Kentucky Horse Park this summer.

The biggest race I've seen to date is the Bluegrass Stakes at Keeneland. I'm planning on getting into the Derby eventually, and my family in Baltimore usually get good seats for the Preakness. Breeder's Cup is on my bucket list the next time it's on the east coast.

I'm definitely Team Zenyatta (sorry Rachel fans). But I guess I'm "pro-girl" in general; I'm a fan of any top class filly that runs with the boys. Other than that, I'm just star struck with all of them.

If you aren’t a fan of horse racing, what made you want to play the SIM?
I was bored in college and looking to fill my equine fix. Started googling horse related games, found the SIM and the rest is history.

If you weren’t a fan of horse racing when you joined the SIM, have you become interested in the sport since you started playing?
See above. I have started paying more attention to the industry in general. I've got more racing news populating in my Twitter and FB feeds, so I enjoy watching race videos and reading various articles/blogs that pop up.

I'm back in the saddle! I'd ridden on and off over the last 10 years whenever I could find a someone to let me ride or had money to pay for lessons, but it was never consistent. My promise to myself was that I was going to start taking lessons again no matter what now that I'm in Kentucky, and I've been riding since December.

SIM
Sometime late Y20. Maybe W10 or W12?

People say that the community really make the SIM the SIM, and I couldn't agree more. I love the people playing here (for the most part), and I love that I can check in with them regarding their stables, but also their personal lives.

I *will* get a Derby win, SC Classic win and SC Marathon win. Eventually!

I've had a good eye for claimers. I like previewing the 2yo races when they debut and picking up horses that I think are placed well below their potential. I also really like claiming horses that are placing 3-4-5, and then getting them wins next out. Bonus if they keep on winning.

Consistency. I can't get consistent results from season to season, and it feels like I'm always up or down. That and COLTS! I can't breed a good one to save my life... :oops:

Every change made to the game has been positive in the long run, even if it didn't seem like it at the time. And I'm certain that will continue in the future. I can't think of a particular instance where I hated a feature, or got so upset that I wanted to stop playing.

Do I really have to answer this question? :roll: I've dabbled in a few other breeds and divisions, but I don't really see any need for me to try and start somewhere new.

Seriously? :lol:

Show Me That Smile got me into All Weather, but her son Smile for Em gave me the money to continue funding my addiction...

Smile for Em's first SC win. I believe it was the first or second year the SC races were carded for AW, and I wasn't sure if he would be good enough to win. Em actually did the calls for the AW races that year, and I was sooooo nervous. Then he won, and I remember feeling lightheaded and dizzy and my hands were shaking so badly from the adrenaline.

I've never left, just had periods of less or more activity. I don't think I could ever walk away completely. I'm too invested in the game and the people. And I'm way too selfish; I can't stand thinking of my barn dispersing and my horses ending up with other players!

I usually have a great deal of patience and it takes a lot to tick me off. But if you do, you're on my $h!t list and you're there permanently. You could offer me SIM millions, RL millions, or the best horse in the world, and I'll still block you.

I just want one good homebred colt. ONE.

And if we're adding the personality trait quiz... I'm an ENTJ - The Commander. LOL!
Pam Maier
Derby Contender

Post by Pam Maier »

ERSONAL

Pam Maier

Nope

How old are you?

I am currently pursuing a Bachelor in Business Administration and am hoping to pick up a minor

I work at a boutique

I have a mother and family.

Where do you live?
Middle of Illinois

I crotchet, draw/paint, ride motorcycles and i am passionate about people knowing what social norms are and how they aren't the best thing.

I evented up to Beginner Novice and jumped 3ft while i still rode. I also got invited to a couple colleges

I can understand most situations/emotions

Yes, I have been watching since Mine That Bird won the derby and I rode a OTTB

No, but i wish

Mine that Bird was the one that I remembered and got me started

Princess of Sylmar

If you weren’t a fan of horse racing when you joined the SIM, have you become interested in the sport since you started playing?

I have been riding since I was 11

SIM
Year 39

The community and the feelings but really everything

I want to become established in Turf Sprinter

Breeding, i have always had an allowance horse in my foals

Nothing really.

They take time to get use to.

I run TS,TR and am starting to dabble in mixer routers

Turf Sprinters

Last Day of Work/Made of Flint

I won a TB steward's cup the year after i joined and that started me off well.

I have a close nit sim family that keeps me going and are willing to help me with everything

I struggle a lot so my silks always remind me that i will keep moving forward

To keep a community and my sim family

Would you like to share a photo of yourself
"‹Ali Hedgestone› OMG.. I'm famous enough to be in a SIM forum signature. Add that to the hudderites who think I'm a minor celebrity and my week has been made"
Ashley Hunt
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Ashley Hunt »

PERSONAL

Same, Ashley Hunt

No

How old are you?

Registered Dental Assistant (with some college, failure I know)

I'm a stay-at-home mom

My Husband of almost 8 yrs, 5 yr old son, 3.5 yr old daughter, and 1 yr old son.

Where do you live?
Arkansas, USA

I love barrel racing

My kids

I'm a very loyal person

Just a fan!

No :-(

Does watching the Triple Crown on TV count?

Zenyatta, American Pharoah, Cigar, Charismatic

Rodeo, barrel racing, I showed English briefly

SIM

YR 27

The friendships that you can make

Win another Stewards Cup

Ehh....being lucky

When you gallop your yearlings only to find out that your best was an allowance.

I enjoy most of them

I do Thoroughbred only (I have dabbled in QH, but really sick at those), turf sprint, and I occasionally will experiment with other distances.

Turf Sprint

I actually have 3 that I feel was my key to success. Perfect Reasoning is the one that gave me my first decent sized purses and the hope to continue (thanks Paul!). Second there is Absolute Honour whom I purchased for $1 and ended up being the dam to my stewards cup winner, Miss Indian Nation. She is my third that I feel helped me along in the game, however I believe she has helped the most!

Yr 39 Stewards Cup Filly Turf Dash

I love the SIM, so I could never leave!

It takes a while to make me mad, but when I'm there it's just best to leave me alone for a while.

This photo was taken just last weekend at a barrel race to raise funds for a therapeutic riding center. And yes my horse is short, she's only 14.2 hands lol, but super fast!
Dan Kauffman
Hall of Fame

Post by Dan Kauffman »

I would imagine the horse's lower center of gravity really helps with those barrel race turns.
‹Ali Hedgestone› Oh you get addicted to the crack after a while.
This spot reserved for my super-amazing TR stallion come Year 136.