Looking For A Sire...

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Stacey Wranesh
Two Year Old

Post by Stacey Wranesh »

<a href='http://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.php?HorseID=23214' target='_blank'>http://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.php ... D=23214</a>

I am looking to breed this mare to a sire, but I am conflicted on who to send her too. I was looking at Gun Hill, but I didn't know if that was too much inbreeding or not. Anyone want to offer up any advice? THANKS!
Emily White
Eclipse Champion

Post by Emily White »

Even though your mare might've won at a mile and an eighth, doing some research, all I could find for her was Saturn. That being said, the Saturn-Wheelaway cross is producing some SPEEDY babies, even if their numbers are limited.
Carolyn Eaton
Hall of Fame

Post by Carolyn Eaton »

The double 2x4 inbreeding (to both Storm Bird and Navajo Pass) - is closer than I would normally go.

The Satelite sons Villain, Pincay and Saturn are all very hot, with 50K plus stud fees, you may also want to look at his son Yamikishi - unproven, but his yearlings are putting in solid works, and his stud fee is 15K.

Happy Racing (and breeding)
I'm just here for the fun of it
Stacey Wranesh
Two Year Old

Post by Stacey Wranesh »

I too am scared of the inbreeding to Gun Hill. I think I am going to send her to Saturn, but I am still debating it. Thanks for the input, I appreciate it very very much!
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

Take a look at Wheelaway's successful son Popa Wheely.
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
Mallory Claire

Post by Mallory Claire »

In my opinion, this mare would do better with a longer distance dirt sire than a sprinter, judging by her 1 1/8 mile victory. My only success with Wheelaway has been with a colt that has gotten much, much better with more distance (1 1/16 miles+), and given your mare's bottom line, I would definitely go with more distance.

In that vein, I would exploit the heck out of Indian Sunset being on that bottom line. That's golden. Loki Masterpiece is gone (sire of Monet, who is out of Indian Sunset), but there are still many stallions carrying the Sahara Gold - I would check out all the dirt Loki Dynasty sons (many will be retiring this season and the next). Kingdom is already retired, but you also have the likes of Boise, Lightsaber, Notorious, and others coming. You'd also get some fun Damascus inbreeding, which might not be cool to anyone else, but I love that horse.

My own personal success with Wheelaway was with a Fighting With Wit mare (albeit, an extremely well-bred one). I know you said you were uncomfortable with inbreeding, but I think any son of Fighting With Wit is absolutely fine - it'd be 3x3 to full siblings, not bad. Also, Fighter Jet is a half-brother to my Wheelaway colt, he might be a nice choice.

Good luck! You have a mare with a very nice female family, and in my breeding philosophy, that's a very good thing.
Mallory Claire

Post by Mallory Claire »

The Steward wrote: Take a look at Wheelaway's successful son Popa Wheely.
And there you go! Popa Wheely is out of a FWW mare. Cheers!
Laura Ferguson
Hall of Fame

Post by Laura Ferguson »

I bred your mare, and to be honest, I think I managed to create a surface confused baby. I'm not entirely convinced as to whether she's turf or dirt, although I do think she is better going longer than shorter. So, I'd probably stay away from Saturn because he's clearly sprint, and I do like the Loki Dynasty son suggestion.

Still, I think I did * up this breeding in the first place :P so you might want to take what I say with a grain of salt as to who to breed her to. Good luck, whatever you decide!

Laura
Stacey Wranesh
Two Year Old

Post by Stacey Wranesh »

Okay, I think I have changed my mind again. I am now leaning towards Chinese Bandit, keeping an option open for Fighter Jet. Thanks to everyone for their help!!
Eric Nalbone
Hall of Fame

Post by Eric Nalbone »

What Mallory said! She and I don't always agree on everything but she nailed this one as far as I am concerned! Get some Battle Cry into this pedigree.

The thing to think about is that there might be a good way to balance the speedy Unbridled line with the stamina that FWW/Battle Cry offers. My personal suggestion, working with this in mind, would be Darkness Awaits! He was a brilliant 8-9f horse and brings in some Silver Charm, which might help this pedigree a lot. Chinese Bandit and Gun Hill both might cancel out a lot of the speed that the Wheelaway babies seem to have.

Also, I'm a huge fan of Fighter Jet. What his 2yos have managed is really nice too, its a pleasant surprise that his horses will run early!
Gary Cooper

Post by Gary Cooper »

I can attest for Eric's Fighter Jet's line...I keep running against them...and losing ! Ha !
Stacey Wranesh
Two Year Old

Post by Stacey Wranesh »

Please welcome to the SIM...Storm Bandit
<a href='http://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.php?HorseID=46078&' target='_blank'>http://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.php ... =46078&</a>
Thanks to everyone for their help!!! Hopefully in the next few years I will bring her to Fighter Jet and Darkness Awaits! Thanks again.