Insomniac

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

Lately I've been a raging insomniac. I have started working out twice a day but this isn't helping. I worry and fret all the time and my mind just goes crazy until I get really exhausted. It doesn't help that I have to wear a mouth piece that annoys me and hurts me.

Does anyone else have any tips for how to fall asleep like normal?
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
Rowdy Yates
Two Year Old

Post by Rowdy Yates »

Drink a couple cold beers. 1 or 2 is usually enough. If ya drink more than that you will want to go ahead and party....lol
Daryl Dennis

Post by Daryl Dennis »

Read a textbook. If you don't get sleepy, at least you will learn something and be able to impress/annoy people with your wealth of knowledge.

And yes, I am totally serious.

Daryl
Ara Davies

Post by Ara Davies »

Yes, want my "Rocket Propulsion Elements, Sixth Edition"? That might take you a page.
Lauren Haggerty
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Lauren Haggerty »

I totally second the text book idea. Works everytime.
Mallory Claire

Post by Mallory Claire »

You could also try putting on a movie you've seen a million times and then lay down. You might get bored to sleep.

I have another suggestion, but I doubt you're game...aahaha.
Eric Nalbone
Hall of Fame

Post by Eric Nalbone »

Um... sit online and talk to people on AIM. Since I'm generally always awake, even at ridiculous times by West Coast standards. Yeah. That might do the job.
Ara Davies

Post by Ara Davies »

Eric Nalbone, are you saying I'm boring enough I put you to sleep?
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

Eric, when I was online at 5 am your time looking for you, you were NOT awake.

I don't go to school, so no textbooks.

I don't drink, so no beer.

:-( Poor me.
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
Tammy Fox
Eclipse Champion

Post by Tammy Fox »

A couple more tips for sleepless nights. First off take a calcium supplement or a vitamin high in calcium(for some reason those vitamins always make me sleepy). Also try melatonin, I believe that is what it is called. You can get it at a health food store it is a supplement. Another suggestion is aroma therapy. I go to bath and body works and purchase the lavender and vanilla bubble bath, body wash, or pillow spray. It really helps me relax enough to fall asleep. I have also found taking a hot bath right before bed helps me unwind. ANother thing I use is white noise like a water fall or something that sounds like the ocean, those things help me relax too.
I have also found if I work out daily that helps me burn up nervous energy and help clear my head(it seems to help reduce my stress when I exercise regularly). Also, have you tried hot tea that is formulated for reducing stress or helping one sleep.

That is all I can think of right now.

Tammy
Martin Pennington
Hall of Fame

Post by Martin Pennington »

ASchmidt wrote: I'll gladly donate all of my textbooks to you since I just graduated last Friday! How about some PC Hardware Components or Cisco 4 for ya?
You wana swap? You could read up on urban theory and Marxism and I'll do the computer science, I graduate really really really soon.
Emily Mitchell
Hall of Fame

Post by Emily Mitchell »

And I know you're not supposed to hang out in your bed during the day- that way when you actually do go to bed your body knows it is time to sleep. B)

Other than that, I can't help you- I often have the same problem too.
RIVERSTONE FARM ~ Home of Champions ~ Farms in Kentucky, Germany, and Japan ~
Sean Feld
Derby Contender

Post by Sean Feld »

Start drinking
Angela Dee Cochran
Eclipse Champion

Post by Angela Dee Cochran »

A movie that you like and have seen a million times, something light not serrious. I like The Beverly Hillbillys or The tenth Kingdom. I usually get about 1/3 of the way through when I drop off. also reading a book that youve read a couple of times. Also, try getting an adjustment by a chiropractor ( durring the day) some peoples bodys cant get comfortable because of daily physical repetitive stress (like computers even)

Hope you get some sleep
Perfect Night
Standing in France for $35k
South American Champion Two Year Old Male
North American Champion Turf Sprinter
Year 26 Steward Cup Turf Sprint Winner
Year 25 Los Campeones Juniors Sprint Winner
Ronda Figal
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Ronda Figal »

My favorite is to go to sleep to the movie "Clue" its lihgt and funny and ive seen it a million times.lol..And my amitriptyline also helps a bunch..