Sim Cruise

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Sarah Chase
Hall of Fame

Post by Sarah Chase »

The Steward wrote: So far I have found prices around $650 each person for an Alaskan cruise, and $450 - $500 a person for a Mexico or Bahamas cruise.
I wonder if we spoke to a travel agent they could find us group rates at cheaper per person? But even still, $650/person for Alaskan cruise is not bad at all!
Frayed - $75,000
Liveinthemoment - $25,000
Same - $10,000
It's Been Awhile - $10,000
Grindelwald - $10,000
Skywatching - $7,500
Inca Stables
Eclipse Champion

Post by Inca Stables »

Though we would need a job for Scott Eiland as well.

Miryam
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

I forgot to mention those were 7 day cruises. And you can get cheaper big group rates, but I refuse to talk to anyone until at least 2008.
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
Angela Dee Cochran
Eclipse Champion

Post by Angela Dee Cochran »

I am SO up for this!
Count me in.

The more notice to save up for the trip is good so summer 09 is fine with me.

I LOVE the Alaska idea but anywhere would be fine, I love getting together- the Breeders Cup was one of the neatest things Ive ever been to, and not just because of the horses!
Perfect Night
Standing in France for $35k
South American Champion Two Year Old Male
North American Champion Turf Sprinter
Year 26 Steward Cup Turf Sprint Winner
Year 25 Los Campeones Juniors Sprint Winner
Angela Dee Cochran
Eclipse Champion

Post by Angela Dee Cochran »

Sarah Chase wrote: I've got this all in my head, haha. My imagination likes to run away with me. I've got this whole vision of a phone tree where Em is on top, head honcho, and she texts the "Den Mothers" stuff like where we're meeting for dinner and the Den Mothers then text/call/walkie talkie their Den Cubbies and everyone goes and meets for dinner wearing their SIMhorseracing.com Cruise 2009 tee-shirts.

Michelle and Jolene can be the Drama Police. Drunken fist fights in the nightclub will get back to them and they will come and kick your butt.

We will all wear those stick on name tags with our player names and it will be so corny and FUN!
We just started talking about all this and I am already looking forward to going!!

and by the way I think Ireland would be cool to go to as well, but Ive always wanted to go to alaska. We could introduce people up there to the game too!
Perfect Night
Standing in France for $35k
South American Champion Two Year Old Male
North American Champion Turf Sprinter
Year 26 Steward Cup Turf Sprint Winner
Year 25 Los Campeones Juniors Sprint Winner
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

The thing about Alaska is that it's a "faster" cruise... you can do a 5 or 7 day cruise, and we all know that's the week, and it's just one week, you know? It's spectacular up there, and most of the game's players ARE located in the US (Sorry you awesome Euro peoples).

I also know that a lot of people graduate in the Spring of 2009 so it would be a fun present to all of us.

I will actually look into it this winter. Right now no one has any dates past fall of 2008.
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
Sarah Chase
Hall of Fame

Post by Sarah Chase »

Angela Dee Cochran wrote:
Sarah Chase wrote: I've got this all in my head, haha. My imagination likes to run away with me. I've got this whole vision of a phone tree where Em is on top, head honcho, and she texts the "Den Mothers" stuff like where we're meeting for dinner and the Den Mothers then text/call/walkie talkie their Den Cubbies and everyone goes and meets for dinner wearing their SIMhorseracing.com Cruise 2009 tee-shirts.

Michelle and Jolene can be the Drama Police. Drunken fist fights in the nightclub will get back to them and they will come and kick your butt.

We will all wear those stick on name tags with our player names and it will be so corny and FUN!
We just started talking about all this and I am already looking forward to going!!

and by the way I think Ireland would be cool to go to as well, but Ive always wanted to go to alaska. We could introduce people up there to the game too!
Me too! Let's spread the word and any member who wants to come (bring your families too!) can put their name down and in 2008 we can check to see who can commit to coming and Emily can talk to a travel person and figure out how many rooms we'd need, what size rooms, how many dinner tables a night or if we're doing buffet every man for himself type thing, and inquire about group rates.
Frayed - $75,000
Same - $10,000
Grindelwald - $10,000
Skywatching - $7,500
Sarah Chase
Hall of Fame

Post by Sarah Chase »

Miryam wrote: Though we would need a job for Scott Eiland as well.

Miryam
He, Mac, Kevin, Rob, and Chris will be the security team.
Frayed - $75,000
Same - $10,000
Grindelwald - $10,000
Skywatching - $7,500
Jolene Danner
Hall of Fame

Post by Jolene Danner »

Sarah Chase wrote:
Miryam wrote: Though we would need a job for Scott Eiland as well.

Miryam
He, Mac, Kevin, Rob, and Chris will be the security team.
Does that mean Michelle and I get to order them around.... I Like that Idea!!
Carolyn Eaton
Hall of Fame

Post by Carolyn Eaton »

I think it sounds cool - and I LOVE cruises... (I might even get my husband to go - but I don't know if he could deal with being surrounded by Sim horsepeople and us constatntly talking about fake horsies- so I'll likely need a roommate).
I'm just here for the fun of it
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

Carolyn E wrote: I think it sounds cool - and I LOVE cruises... (I might even get my husband to go - but I don't know if he could deal with being surrounded by Sim horsepeople and us constatntly talking about fake horsies- so I'll likely need a roommate).
Like Laura? :-D
Mac Silver
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Mac Silver »

Lol Jolene! With your constant threats of gelding something you probably could order us around! :D
As Ben Franklin once said, "In wine there is wisdom, in beer there is freedom, in water there is bacteria."
Jolene Danner
Hall of Fame

Post by Jolene Danner »

Mac Silver wrote: Lol Jolene! With your constant threats of gelding something you probably could order us around! :D
I'm good at giving orders, even ask Michelle... ;) :D

It's all part of the plan to scare you into submission. B)
Inca Stables
Eclipse Champion

Post by Inca Stables »

I would warn the guys to be careful, she might try and geld you

Miryam :)
Anna Leroux
Hall of Fame

Post by Anna Leroux »

I'm so in! If I can afford to go I will be there! I'll skip my Christian band trip to Jamaica any day for this!