Sim Cruise

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Chris Briggs
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Chris Briggs »

JoleneD wrote:
Mac Silver wrote: Lol Jolene! With your constant threats of gelding something you probably could order us around!    :D
I'm good at giving orders, even ask Michelle... ;) :D

It's all part of the plan to scare you into submission. B)
Hmm drinkers on security detail (I know 3 of us mentioned do). Not sure if thats a good idea. Besides, only thing I can secure is my hat on my head. Everything else is well...a task.
Becca Banner
Grade 3 Winner

Post by Becca Banner »

I wanna come!!!
At Stud:

Yamikishi - Winner of multiple stakes, including Steward's Cup Sprint. Sire of stakes winning sprinters, like Heroism. Stands for $10,000.

Journey's End Farms : Board $15/week
Matt Woolfolk
Classic Contender

Post by Matt Woolfolk »

Amanda Saunders wrote: I'm game, Summer 2009 is enough of a heads-up too :)

We could go someplace cool like Alaska so we could go horseback riding in the mountains.
This is ironic for me. My sister is trying to talk my family into going on an Alaskan cruise Summer '09. I don't think the family will do it though. I will be a college student then, so I would probably be out. That would be fun though. Scott would be our comedy routine every night. Maybe I could be a warmup once?
Award winning journalist and record-setting trainer
Emily Thompson
Grade 2 Winner

Post by Emily Thompson »

Count me in! That would be awesome fun.
Rebecca Rose Hepburn
Hall of Fame

Post by Rebecca Rose Hepburn »

Oh, I am SO in. I've wanted to go on a cruise forever, and having SIM people there will make it that much better!
A horse is the projection of peoples' dreams about themselves - strong, powerful, beautiful - and it has the capability of giving us escape from our mundane existence.- Pam Brown
Nikki Everdeen
Hall of Fame

Post by Nikki Everdeen »

That's a REALLY bad time for me... I'd LOVE to go, but spring and summer of 2009 are my co-op times, and I wouldn't be allowed to leave whatever job I have. GRAH! I could REALLY do next summer or even a winter one somewhere (we have an entire month off between fall and winter terms), but summer 2009 is horrific for me. :(

The other thing is that I get seasick...although when I take tons of drammamine and wear these stupid looking wristbands I'm generally okay.
Inspiration Stud
Standing quality Appaloosas, Arabians, Paints, Quarter Horses, and Thoroughbreds
Mandy Saunders
Eclipse Champion

Post by Mandy Saunders »

NikkiSherman wrote: That's a REALLY bad time for me... I'd LOVE to go, but spring and summer of 2009 are my co-op times, and I wouldn't be allowed to leave whatever job I have. GRAH! I could REALLY do next summer, but 2009 is horrific for me. :(
You never know, Summer 2009 is two full years away, your status could change, there's always a chance. Be positive, let your mind wander a bit on the idea. I mean, financially it's impossible for me to go. I'm working on a wedding, then we're going to buy a house, then I need a new car, so realistically there's no way I could go. However, I'll still let the idea into my head and think there could still be a chance, albeit small, but there's still a chance...
~ Mandy ~

Click here to visit The Stallions of Lakeside!

Last updated: Year 26, Break - Wow, it's been awhile, I need to get on that, lol

RIP Shelly & June...I will love you, always.
Nikki Everdeen
Hall of Fame

Post by Nikki Everdeen »

I already have spoken with a whole bunch of people at my school (advisors, directors, etc.) about moving my projected schedule forward, and nothing can be changed. Even if it were miraculously changed at some point, I'd be in class during spring and summer of 2009. Co-op for me is either fall/winter of 08-09 or spring/summer of 09. And if it's not the summer, I'll be in class then. So it just won't work.

And I'd RATHER have my co-op during the fall/winter, because I'm pretty sure I would be able to get an internship with either the Flyers or Sixers (or one of the minor league teams, like the Phantoms). Right now, I have no idea how I'm going to get a job during the spring/summer (I can hope it will be with one of the Phillies teams, but there are more sporting events during the winter than the summer, which narrows my chances). But even if I could switch it (it's assigned and you're absolutely not allowed to switch it, which stinks), like I said, I'd still be in class that summer.
Inspiration Stud
Standing quality Appaloosas, Arabians, Paints, Quarter Horses, and Thoroughbreds
Peihe Sun
Eclipse Champion

Post by Peihe Sun »

Hey, this would be cool!
Warpath,
Faithful, Light of the Moon,
Unashamed, Clear Blue Sky
Laura Ferguson
Hall of Fame

Post by Laura Ferguson »

Stumbled across this thread, and since I know absolutely nothing about cruises, I had a quick question. If the cost of a cruise is $650 per person, that doesn't include the cost of getting to/from the place where the cruise ship starts/finishes, correct? Depending on where everyone is coming from, that may help determine where the cruise takes place. I remember that my parents looked into an Alaskan cruise one year, and ended up abandoning the idea and going to England instead because once the airfare was factored in, the trip to England was cheaper (that said, I'm sure my parents were looking at pricier cruises and the nicer rooms on those cruises).

I've never been particularly interested in going on a cruise (although since I've never been on a cruise, I obviously don't know what I'm missing), but I'll give it some thought, because it is an interesting idea.
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

It all depends, Laura. Some cruise lines have package deals. We paid $800 a person for an Alaskan cruise for my family, and that included the airfare, but NOT the shore excursions. Usually for an Alaskan cruise you leave from Seattle.

People get wary of cruises because of sea sickness, but unless you're sailing across the world, the ships these days are very solid and you hardly feel anything.
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
Carolyn Eaton
Hall of Fame

Post by Carolyn Eaton »

I take a 1 week cruise in the Caribbean every winter (normally January/early February) - Occassionally it gets to rocking, but it's rarely a problem. The best thing out there to prevent seasickness is something called a Scop patch - goes behind the ear - hard to notice unless someone's looking (does tend to cause a dry mouth).

The cruise experience depends on the size of the ship - we tend to go on the megaships (not the super mega ships) with about 3500 people on board. There's an exercise room, jogging track, nightly entertainment, trivia contests - tons of stuff. Food and room are included, alcohol and sodas are not. There are also places to "get away" from people when you need to (generally, the ship's library is such a place). A lot of ships even have a wi-fi area for your laptop (so we don't miss results). Overall, it's one of my husband's and my favorite vacations.
I'm just here for the fun of it
Sarah Chase
Hall of Fame

Post by Sarah Chase »

Summer before 9th grade I went on an Alaskan cruise with my parents. We did indeed leave from Seattle. We did a Princess cruise and I picked the best ship I could find - the Diamond Princess which had just launched like a month before we went on. It was beautiful and I loved the cruise.

In Alaska I got my favorite shirt ever: Hairy Otter. It no longer fits but I refuse to throw it away.
Frayed - $75,000
Liveinthemoment - $25,000
Same - $10,000
It's Been Awhile - $10,000
Grindelwald - $10,000
Skywatching - $7,500
Ali Weasley
Hall of Fame

Post by Ali Weasley »

I might actually get some vacation time by then! I like to think I'll have saved up some money by then, too, but one never knows. I currently have $19 in my checking account, so it's hard to say. Ha!

I wanna play, tho.
Nikki Everdeen
Hall of Fame

Post by Nikki Everdeen »

The Steward wrote: People get wary of cruises because of sea sickness, but unless you're sailing across the world, the ships these days are very solid and you hardly feel anything.
That's what my parents said when we went on a cruise when I was about 13...until I got sick right in front of the entire cruise ship during the lifeboat drill! <_<
Inspiration Stud