Sim Cruise

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Sarah Chase
Hall of Fame

Post by Sarah Chase »

NikkiSherman wrote:
The Steward wrote: People get wary of cruises because of sea sickness, but unless you're sailing across the world, the ships these days are very solid and you hardly feel anything.
That's what my parents said when we went on a cruise when I was about 13...until I got sick right in front of the entire cruise ship during the lifeboat drill! <_<
Where were you sailing, though? Different passages are more turbulent than others.
Frayed - $75,000
Liveinthemoment - $25,000
Same - $10,000
It's Been Awhile - $10,000
Grindelwald - $10,000
Skywatching - $7,500
Ryen Hanna
Eclipse Champion

Post by Ryen Hanna »

I just stumbled across this thread and I am TOTALLY DOWN WITH THIS.

If it could be in, like, May, that would be perfect, because once June rolls around I'll be stuck in my internship/associateship or whatever I get that summer...

I really want to go to Norway and ride the little Norwegian Fjord horses. You know, the ones with the manes that are kept really short and are black in the middle and white on the outside?!
Nikki Everdeen
Hall of Fame

Post by Nikki Everdeen »

Sarah Chase wrote:
NikkiSherman wrote:
The Steward wrote: People get wary of cruises because of sea sickness, but unless you're sailing across the world, the ships these days are very solid and you hardly feel anything.
That's what my parents said when we went on a cruise when I was about 13...until I got sick right in front of the entire cruise ship during the lifeboat drill! <_<
Where were you sailing, though? Different passages are more turbulent than others.
I honestly don't remember. But when I went on another cruise (my parents claimed it was because of rough seas the one day, even though I was sick the entire trip...I also got sick right in the middle of breakfast one day, which was lovely...so they made me go on another one), and I was ill the entire time for that one, too (although I didn't actually get sick, because I kept swallowing drammamine like it was candy and had on my wristbands...even during our portraits that were taken on the formal night, which was ugly). And I was told that those were perfect seas.
Inspiration Stud
Standing quality Appaloosas, Arabians, Paints, Quarter Horses, and Thoroughbreds
LaDonna King
Eclipse Champion

Post by LaDonna King »

The Steward wrote: So far I have found prices around $650 each person for an Alaskan cruise, and $450 - $500 a person for a Mexico or Bahamas cruise.
ha! that's about 3k for me!!!! maybe i'll leave jamie home with the kids......lol, i probably wouldn't have a house when i got back!
Katy Turner
Grade 2 Winner

Post by Katy Turner »

If you guys are serious about doing a cruise, count me in as definitely interested. I've never been on a cruise, but I've always wanted to go. Plus, it'd be great to meet the people that play the SIM. :)
Alex Puderbaugh
Hall of Fame

Post by Alex Puderbaugh »

So I finally read this thread...by that time, I might actually have the $. LaDonna, where do you live? Since you said it's about 3k for you.
Brianna: I just wanted something with balls.. :D
Stephen Saratoga
Turf Router

Post by Stephen Saratoga »

Alex wrote: So I finally read this thread...by that time, I might actually have the $. LaDonna, where do you live? Since you said it's about 3k for you.
She has kids.
Angela Dee Cochran
Eclipse Champion

Post by Angela Dee Cochran »

I had a girl at work say that when they went on their cruise they put a deposit down to the travel agent and then spent a period of several months making payments to them for their total trip package so when all was said and done and they left, everything was paid for, : plane ticket overnight in hotel the cruise itself then the plane back, all included. So alls you have to worry about when the time comes is spending $. I want this trip to happen sooo very much and this would prob help alot of people who wanna go but cant come up with all the $ at once. Maybe we can find an agent that will do this as a combo for all of us. By the way my vote is still for Alaska!
Perfect Night
Standing in France for $35k
South American Champion Two Year Old Male
North American Champion Turf Sprinter
Year 26 Steward Cup Turf Sprint Winner
Year 25 Los Campeones Juniors Sprint Winner
Johnnie Romance
Two Year Old

Post by Johnnie Romance »

Some friends just got back from an Alaskan Cruise. Thought I'd share their pictures with you guys so you can get an idea of what it might be like.

<a href='http://www.sysres.com/AlaskaCruise/' target='_blank'>http://www.sysres.com/AlaskaCruise/</a>