Broodmare Potential Question

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Lisa Strummer
Hall of Fame

Post by Lisa Strummer »

I picked this filly up for $1,000, she is running for the first time this week, she's had decent works, so she may do alright as a runner and she has a pretty good female line. I was wondering, if she doesn't perform extremely well on the track should I consider keeping her for a broodmare in the future, or should I send her to the claiming ranks? I know it's a little too early to tell, but from a pedigree aspect it looks like she could have potential, but I just want to hear what experienced breeders think. Thanks for any input!

<a href='http://www.simhorseracing.com/horseped. ... seID=32622' target='_blank'>Lady Of The Lake </a>
That's my new motto: Don't quit, just shut up.-Bryan Doolittle
Laura Ferguson
Hall of Fame

Post by Laura Ferguson »

I'd tend towards keeping her, rather than sending her to the claiming ranks if for some reason she doesn't pan out as runner. That said, she's bred nicely, and her workouts have been just fine. Good luck with her!
Paul Heinrich
Hall of Fame

Post by Paul Heinrich »

Oh yeah, I like her. In fact, I'm a little bummed I missed out on her! I would keep her away from claimers for sure. If you are ever tempted to give up on her...you know who to talk to! B)
"They're not going to kick me out." - Tim Matthews
Brianna McKenzie
Eclipse Champion

Post by Brianna McKenzie »

I'd keep her if I were you. The pedigree is nice enough. Her brother by Atlas won his first start, which I take as a sign he must have some sorta talent because usually a mile barely enough time for Atlas's to unfold themselves and start running.
Lisa Strummer
Hall of Fame

Post by Lisa Strummer »

Thanks for the input guys!
That's my new motto: Don't quit, just shut up.-Bryan Doolittle