Dolphin

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Emily Klein
Eclipse Champion

Post by Emily Klein »

I will probably retire my CAH Dolphin after her race next week and I want to breed her then but I don't know what stallion I should send her to. I've never bred before. I would prefer a not so expensive stallion as I don't really have that much money. :)

<a href='http://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.php?HorseID=32032' target='_blank'>http://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.php ... D=32032</a>
Seagrass Farm
Laura Ferguson
Hall of Fame

Post by Laura Ferguson »

I'll try and see who I can come up with, but I had a quick suggestion. She won quite nicely at a flat mile, but has never seen that distance since. You might want to try to find another mile race for her final start. I say that partly because if she is a true miler, rather than a mile to mile and a quarter horse, I'd focus mostly on turf miler stallions for her, and not suggest stallions who can go a little further. Good luck with her!
Stephen Saratoga
Turf Router

Post by Stephen Saratoga »

Northern Dancer line stallion who is best from a mile and a quarter to a mile and a half. What, Rado, and Palpitations are reasonably priced.
Emily White
Eclipse Champion

Post by Emily White »

Stephen is right about the three above, especially Palpitations.

If you want to go more expensive, you can choose Symboli Kris S, or Kotya Peekin, or for 20k, Zenno Rob Roy is producing some nice grass runners out of Dynaformer mares.

Or, if you're looking for horses that match your mare's distance, Duc De Berry and Tears Of Triumph are good, but DDB's stud fee is 35k and TOT's fee is 50k, so they're kind of expensive.

EDIT: Funny, isn't it, that my filly Lovetheoneyourwith is entered in the same race as Dolphin?
Emily Klein
Eclipse Champion

Post by Emily Klein »

She got 3rd in the 1 mile race.
Seagrass Farm
Nikki Everdeen
Hall of Fame

Post by Nikki Everdeen »

He may not be the best option (I haven't looked into it closely), but you could try my stallion Refuse to Bend. I'm sending my own Dynaformer/Seattle Slew mare his way this year, although that may not be saying much since I own him. However, I have no need to actually send him mares (my first year!) because he's already seen about 8-9 outside mares this year; I just like to send my own mares to my boys as it is. He's the sire of 17 SIM winners, including a Grade 1 winner and a multiple 2yo stakes winner. He stands for $5,000 in Japan, but if that's a problem for you I could lower it.
Inspiration Stud
Standing quality Appaloosas, Arabians, Paints, Quarter Horses, and Thoroughbreds