Year 46 MUP and Scorpion Handicaps!

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Bob Green
Turf Router

Year 46 MUP and Scorpion Handicaps!

Post by Bob Green »

It’s a couple weeks late, but the MUP and Scorpion handicap contests will be returning for year 46!

I plan on using the same format for both weekly contests, I’ll pick stakes races each week (five Wednesday races for the Scorpion and six Saturday races for MUP). A win is worth 4 points, second place 2 points and a third place finish 1 point.

Further Scorpion Handicap details:

The Scorpion Handicap is open to anybody and everybody and will be the same as previous years for those who have played before.

The weekly winner may choose either an allowance gallop yearling or free mare lease. I will provide Appaloosa yearlings/mares and Jo Ferris has again offered Paint and QH. A weekly score of 18 points (4 firsts and 1 second) or higher will bump the yearling to a stakes gallop and the mare lease to a higher quality mare.

There will also be prizes for the highest yearly totals with yearly standings based on your top 10 scores. With 13 weeks left that gives 3 low scores or missed weeks to drop. I’ll work on a list of prizes at some point, likely to include at least mares, yearlings and free breedings. Knowing me it will be roughly week 15 before that list is made. :oops:

Further MUP Handicap details:

The MUP handicap is intended for newer players or those without established, successful mixer barns. What do I mean by “established and successful”? Basically I mean if you’ve got a mixer barn that’s churning out freak yearlings and winning stakes races on a regular basis please leave this contest to newer, less established mixer barns. If you have a couple nice runners that win an occasional stakes race but don’t count on stakes wins on a weekly basis, feel free to play!

The MUP too shall be run the same as previous years. The top two scores each week will be awarded allowance yearlings. Every two weeks, beginning week 5, the high combined score for those two weeks will win a stakes yearling. There is 1 freak gallop yearling in the MUP barn. Should somebody have a weekly score of 22 points (5 firsts and 1 second) or higher they will win the freak yearling instead of an allowance. If the freak is not won before year's end it will be given away after the final week high score in the yearly standings. The yearly standings will be tracked in the same way as the Scorpion Handicap will with any leftover prize yearlings given away then.

At this point MUP has:

Allowance (35)
Appaloosas - 11
Paints - 3
QH - 6
Pacers - 4
Trotters - 11

Stakes (7)
Appaloosas - 2
Paints- 3
QH - 1
Pacers - 1