Would You Breed To Him?

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Anna Leroux
Hall of Fame

Post by Anna Leroux »

Well Sixagonal is coming to the end of his two year old season. He will most likely finish through being four years old. But my question is this; would you be interested in breeding to him?

His Information (you can also look him up)

Sixagonal b colt 2 16.1hh JPN bred
Sire: Octagonal Grand Sire: Zabeel
Dam: Spot On Dam Sire: Derby Dancer
Current Earnings: $135,300
4 Turf Races 3 Wins

His Races:
Free Spirit Futurity One Mile Two Year Olds G2 (I sponsored it!) Win by 3 lengths over Thomas Jefferson
Roberto Prieto's Stakes One Mile Two Year Olds G3 Win by 3 3/4 lengths over Dancing George
1 Mile Maiden Race Two Year Olds Futurity Park Win By 2 3/4 lengths over My Crown Awaits
4 1/2 furlong Sprint Maiden, 5th place

His Link: <a href='http://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.php?HorseID=40049' target='_blank'>Sixagonal</a>

As you all know I'm already gathering mares to be prepared to breed to him (so I can support him). He will retire most likely after his four year old season (two more seasons) barring injury *knock on wood*

Would you breed to him? I'd say turf miler mares would be good since that's how he's running right now.
Carolyn Eaton
Hall of Fame

Post by Carolyn Eaton »

2 years out is a long time for me to think about it, but if he continues as he has been, he'll make a nice stud.
I'm just here for the fun of it
Alex Puderbaugh
Hall of Fame

Post by Alex Puderbaugh »

Like Carolyn said, it's a long way out, but he looks very nice and I most definitely would!
Brianna: I just wanted something with balls.. :D
Anna Leroux
Hall of Fame

Post by Anna Leroux »

I know it's a ways off but i'm trying to plan out his stakes races and it helps to know the interest in him
Paul Heinrich
Hall of Fame

Post by Paul Heinrich »

My newbie take - I'd absolutely consider him. The nice thing for me is he's free of Storm Cat and Symbol. I'd just want to see if he settles into the 8-9 furlong distance, or if he can go longer, so I know what mare to send to him. Of course, if he turns out to do it all, all the better.

So yeah, my honest answer is unless he falls flat next season, I'd have him on my list.
"They're not going to kick me out." - Tim Matthews
Stephen Saratoga
Turf Router

Post by Stephen Saratoga »

If you're going to run him as a 4 year old, then start recruiting mares at the beginning of that year. Its way too early and there are way too many stallions out there with better credentials. The more races you win, then the more people will notice. If you start winning Grade 1s, then you'll start gaining interest. If you want to support him yourself, then you have two years to build a nice band of turf broodmares. Most stallion owners have to be majority supporters of their stud just because there are so many to choose from. Sixagonal has a great Real-Life Austalian/New Zealand pedigree to outcross with most mares. He should be able to stretch out next year. Zabeel is the man down under with horses going ten to twelve furlongs. Good Luck with his races!!