Forum posts are no longer being marked as "edited" after editing

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Tammy Stawicki
Hall of Fame

Forum posts are no longer being marked as "edited" after editing

Post by Tammy Stawicki »

I don't know really where to post this but figured I would throw it here as it is most likely to be a concern for people running contests. I just edited my reply in the "one small thing" post. After doing so I noticed I didn't see the "last edited" message that usually pops up when you edit a forum post. I looked at my older auction post that I knew I had edited and it is marked as being edited. I can't remember when exactly we switched to the new forum but am thinking said new forum is no longer labels posts as edited (or I'm missing something also quite possible with me). Anway just wanted to give those running contests a heads up that you might want to copy people's posts before races are run.

I just did this edit after making my original post. Will the post say it has been edited?
Turf Miler studs
Hempstead
Nonego
Omnsicience

Paint Sprinter studs
Jersey
Lecythus*

Paint Mid studs
Corona Wagon Train*
Jacinth
Komati*
Livewires Turnpike*

Discounts for stakes winners/producers
* = multidistance potential
The Admin
Eclipse Champion

Re: Forum posts are no longer being marked as "edited" after editing

Post by The Admin »

Tammy Stawicki wrote: 7 years ago I don't know really where to post this but figured I would throw it here as it is most likely to be a concern for people running contests. I just edited my reply in the "one small thing" post. After doing so I noticed I didn't see the "last edited" message that usually pops up when you edit a forum post. I looked at my older auction post that I knew I had edited and it is marked as being edited. I can't remember when exactly we switched to the new forum but am thinking said new forum is no longer labels posts as edited (or I'm missing something also quite possible with me). Anway just wanted to give those running contests a heads up that you might want to copy people's posts before races are run.

I just did this edit after making my original post. Will the post say it has been edited?
It will only be marked as edited when there was already an reply on the original post, or when a moderator/admin edit the post and give up an reason for the edit.