Western Hanover Euthanized

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Brianna McKenzie
Eclipse Champion

Post by Brianna McKenzie »

August 26, 2007

A statement was released earlier today by Hanover Shoe Farms announcing the death of top pacing stallion Western Hanover, due to complications that started with a scrotal hernia earlier this month.

The statement reads, in part, "Western Hanover was euthanized at 1:15 p.m. today (Sunday, August 26)."

The 18-year-old stallion had complications after the earlier surgery and, according to the statement, "...ruptured his large colon. Due to extreme abdominal contamination and very poor prognosis to repair the damage, the decision was made to humanely euthanize Western Hanover. He will be missed by all."

Western Hanover has sired 1,777 horses and the winners of $122,341,447 over the years. His average starter earned an astonishing $97,174.

543 of his foals have taken a mark of 1:55 or better while 36 have marks of at least 1:50.

Western Ideal is the fastest foal of Western Hanover in 1:48. A winner of over $1.4 million, he took his mark in July 2000 at the Meadowlands in winning the Breeders Crown Open Pace.

Western Dreamer, who captured Pacing's Triple Crown in 1997, is the highest earner of Western Hanover's offspring. Western Dreamer retired with 27 career wins, a lifetime badge of 1:49 and earnings of $1,812,176.

Please join Standardbred Canada in offering our condolences to all of those who have been associated with Western Hanover over the years.

(With files from HRC)
Mandy Saunders
Eclipse Champion

Post by Mandy Saunders »

:( that's so sad
~ Mandy ~

Click here to visit The Stallions of Lakeside!

Last updated: Year 26, Break - Wow, it's been awhile, I need to get on that, lol

RIP Shelly & June...I will love you, always.
Steph Lonhro
Hall of Fame

Post by Steph Lonhro »

:(

it's been a bad week
Selati(dirt miler) $15k NY
Lani(unspecified type) $30k in NY
Lead the Crowd(turf miler) $15k NY
Mandy Saunders
Eclipse Champion

Post by Mandy Saunders »

This is a wonderful article about him, nice picture too.

<a href='http://www.ustrotting.com/absolutenm/an ... =23356&z=1' target='_blank'>http://www.ustrotting.com/absolutenm/an ... 356&z=1</a>
~ Mandy ~

Click here to visit The Stallions of Lakeside!

Last updated: Year 26, Break - Wow, it's been awhile, I need to get on that, lol

RIP Shelly & June...I will love you, always.
John Bricking
Derby Contender

Post by John Bricking »

There has been alot of deaths lately. :(
Patten Fuqua
Classic Contender

Post by Patten Fuqua »

I'm sure Western Dreamer is very sad right now...I'm sure - being a standardbred - Dad was probably as good natured as he is.