Hot Race!

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Mallory Claire

Post by Mallory Claire »

So the Bing Crosby at Del Mar is just about on fire. Only missing a few of the major three-year-old sprinters, and it's only Saturday morning! So far the field includes:

Adjust the Lens: 4: 3-0-1
This colt has only been beaten by End Result and Edict, and not by much, either. Last out, he won the G3 Commonwealth BC Sprint over star Comet and Always Will. However, he has yet to face most of the bigger colts in this field, and his only defeat did come at Del Mar. Looks like the favorite here, though.

Emstruelybusy: 6: 3-2-1
Tough full brother to Em's Always Busy finished third last out, behind Comet and Always Will, but the colt has shown plenty of heart and talent in the past, winning two stakes races, and he has a win over contender Winter's Cold.

Winter's Cold: 8: 2-5-1
This colt just always tries. He's finished second FIVE times, but to some very, very talented colts, and he did get one over on Villain two starts ago, after being beaten by him twice in the past. He is a half-sibling to many good sprinters. However, this will be his fifth race in 9 weeks, and something tells me he's going to need all he's got to beat a sharp field.

Villain: 7: 4-2-1
The only son of Embrace couldn't catch Winter's Cold in the Triple Bend last out, but his record and running style show he is better at 6 furlongs. He has beaten some stellar colts in his short career, including Strongerable, Winter's Cold, Foray, Saturn, and Comet. This being only his third start third this year, he should have plenty of gas in the tank.
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

I saw this race and told Laura on the phone: "I'm going to vomit."

Can you imagine if I was still running the races by hand? I'd be dead.

In good news, Dave is still not able to sit at the computer (well that part is not so good) so hopefully Saturn won't get in!! Then again, I AM bringing him my laptop today so he can enter from the couch....
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
Sarah Chase
Hall of Fame

Post by Sarah Chase »

Ugh, I know. I originally had Always Will entered, then the other horses entered, and I rescued poor Always Will and put him in an allowance. *pets colt*
Frayed - $75,000
Liveinthemoment - $25,000
Same - $10,000
It's Been Awhile - $10,000
Grindelwald - $10,000
Skywatching - $7,500
Brianna McKenzie
Eclipse Champion

Post by Brianna McKenzie »

I LOVE that horse.. Always Will..
:)
Mallory Claire

Post by Mallory Claire »

The more, the merrier! Or scarier. Or both.
Emily Mitchell
Hall of Fame

Post by Emily Mitchell »

That is one very scary race. I can't wait to see who will win though!

Pincay is very glad he will not be out there.
RIVERSTONE FARM ~ Home of Champions ~ Farms in Kentucky, Germany, and Japan ~
Sara Kendall
Grade 2 Winner

Post by Sara Kendall »

I am glad I raced my Runtoapremont last week! lol :)
Martin Pennington
Hall of Fame

Post by Martin Pennington »

Anyone fancing stretching to a mile? :lol:

Think I'll be trying that, particularly after the pasting that Mallory's horse gave Look Up in Dubai :(
Mandy Saunders
Eclipse Champion

Post by Mandy Saunders »

MalloryGuesnon wrote: Winter's Cold: 8: 2-5-1
This colt just always tries. He's finished second FIVE times, but to some very, very talented colts, and he did get one over on Villain two starts ago, after being beaten by him twice in the past. He is a half-sibling to many good sprinters. However, this will be his fifth race in 9 weeks, and something tells me he's going to need all he's got to beat a sharp field.
Theoretically, every SIM week is equivalent to 3.25 real life weeks. By racing my colt every other SIM week, he would be running every 6.50 real life weeks. I don't think that's too bad at all... right?

Not to mention he hasn't really travelled much his entire 3yo career... or 2yo career for that matter. Hmmm... I did a good job keeping him in one place... *proud*
~ Mandy ~

Click here to visit The Stallions of Lakeside!

Last updated: Year 26, Break - Wow, it's been awhile, I need to get on that, lol

RIP Shelly & June...I will love you, always.
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

Here is the thread that explains racing weeks.

<a href='http://turfangels.com/simforum/index.ph ... ic=331&hl=' target='_blank'>http://turfangels.com/simforum/index.ph ... 331&hl=</a>

A SIM week is not equivalent to any time in real time, because it simply cannot equate. We live in an alternate world where 16 weeks is the length of the year.
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
Mallory Claire

Post by Mallory Claire »

My horses like to chill at the farm for two weeks before heading out to the trenches again. I always send them to a local farm, or my own if they're in California, immediately after a race, and then ship them to their next start as soon as they're entered.

I keep my horses on an Excel spreadsheet. A horse's name gets put in bold black when it's entered, then it's changed to red right after the race, blue the next week, and then green the following week. Once they're green, they stay green until they're entered again.

So in my barn, only green means go! Which means a "two month" vacation each time they run.

Now that I think about it, my horses have it too freakin' good. They should consider running faster. <_<
Sarah Chase
Hall of Fame

Post by Sarah Chase »

MalloryGuesnon wrote: I keep my horses on an Excel spreadsheet. A horse's name gets put in bold black when it's entered, then it's changed to red right after the race, blue the next week, and then green the following week. Once they're green, they stay green until they're entered again.
Hey, that's a good idea! My spreadsheet (which my obsessive-compulsive self insists on "renovating" every other day to make it prettier and more sophisticated looking) has a lot of stuff, but I have a horizontal row of weeks 1-16, and the horse's names and other stats on the left hand column, and when a horse runs, I have the track initials (CD for Churchill, JPN, Ire, etc) in the column for the week they ran there, and I plot out future racing weeks with x's.

Maybe that didn't make sense, but it helps me see at a glance who is running and I think Eric does something similar?
Frayed - $75,000
Liveinthemoment - $25,000
Same - $10,000
It's Been Awhile - $10,000
Grindelwald - $10,000
Skywatching - $7,500