Why Chasers annoy me..

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Louise Bayou
Hall of Fame

Why Chasers annoy me..

Post by Louise Bayou »

“It’s like I’m driving a Mac truck with the speed of a Porsche and the brain of a rocket scientist,” Gary Stevens on Beholder
Robbie Dee
Classic Contender

Re: Why Chasers annoy me..

Post by Robbie Dee »

I know how you feel Louise.

My very first freak chaser (that I paid a lot of money for) only managed to win one race and place in another three.

he is now in AJs as the Sim doesn't provide us with guns.
some days you're the pigeon and some days you're the statue
Laura Ferguson
Hall of Fame

Post by Laura Ferguson »

Part of that is being a freak as a chaser isn't as special as being a freak in some of the other divisions. That said, she did win a stakes and placed in two others.

The other thing is that it isn't easy to tell when a chaser is fit - since the train to jump shows only their ability, not fit/unfit, and you can't gallop chasers - I'm still unclear why you can't (I've lobbied for its return for that purpose). Chasers are the one remaining division where you have to guess at whether they are fit or not, and it's the main reason I hold off on converting my 3yo chasers until they are ready to debut - I can keep galloping them until then, so I know they're fit. I've also been playing around with doing some training between races when there's a break of three or four weeks between races, and I'm noticing a positive difference. Anyway, I would chalk the other reason for her performances in Year 46 to being unfit/not fully fit.

I see you retired her - hope she is less frustrating for you as a broodmare!
Lori Hamill
Hall of Fame

Post by Lori Hamill »

Freak: https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.php?HorseID=678548

I'm thinking this is probably true for a lot of Freak chasers, it's very competitive and they're just not the same as other Freaks?
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Fanta Arcadia
Eclipse Champion

Post by Fanta Arcadia »

I have a whole book of chaser freaks I've bred that can't do crap; 1 may win a minor stakes every now and again. Yet I still keep breeding because a good horse in this division can come from anywhere, or I can sell it and make a nice penny and watch someone else win a stakes with it *sigh*
Superbia --> SC Winning Stud from the My Heart of Hearts dynasty --> 40,000 fee
Quetzalcoatl --> G1 winner, Son of SC winner Luxuria, 20,000 fee
Filled With Pride --> G1 winner, Son of SC winner Superbia, 20,000 fee
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

Laura Ferguson wrote: 7 years ago Part of that is being a freak as a chaser isn't as special as being a freak in some of the other divisions. That said, she did win a stakes and placed in two others.

The other thing is that it isn't easy to tell when a chaser is fit - since the train to jump shows only their ability, not fit/unfit, and you can't gallop chasers - I'm still unclear why you can't (I've lobbied for its return for that purpose). Chasers are the one remaining division where you have to guess at whether they are fit or not, and it's the main reason I hold off on converting my 3yo chasers until they are ready to debut - I can keep galloping them until then, so I know they're fit. I've also been playing around with doing some training between races when there's a break of three or four weeks between races, and I'm noticing a positive difference. Anyway, I would chalk the other reason for her performances in Year 46 to being unfit/not fully fit.

I see you retired her - hope she is less frustrating for you as a broodmare!
It's still on the To Do list.... it just keeps getting pushed down :-(
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
Nick Gilmore
Hall of Fame

Post by Nick Gilmore »

I get it! Alyssa's Star is a dam with at least 3 freak babies...1 is ok, not great, just ok. This mare thrilled me with A+ hypos for chasing. She depresses me to no end :lol:
Rachel Sadler
Turf Router

Post by Rachel Sadler »

Nick Gilmore wrote: 7 years ago I get it! Alyssa's Star is a dam with at least 3 freak babies...1 is ok, not great, just ok. This mare thrilled me with A+ hypos for chasing. She depresses me to no end :lol:
Nick ive discovered your more likely to get freak horses with flat A niks then A+. Problem is there are not a lot of stallions out there now that nik just flat A's and if they do your still not guaranteed a freak that is consistantly in the winners circle.
"I wish people will tell me when there unhappy"

We did, and you didn't do anything to fix the reason why we are unhappy!
Nick Gilmore
Hall of Fame

Post by Nick Gilmore »

No guarantees on anything, lol. Really most of her foals are flat As, but thanks for trying to bail my mare out. ;)
Rachel Sadler
Turf Router

Post by Rachel Sadler »

Thats ok. It does get rather depressing when you have an awesome mare and she keeps producing zip. So i do sympathise with you :)
"I wish people will tell me when there unhappy"

We did, and you didn't do anything to fix the reason why we are unhappy!