Hello

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Emily Mitchell
Hall of Fame

Post by Emily Mitchell »

ROFL :lol:

That is so great, Daryl.

Yeah that's right... soon I'll start fighting crime! ha!

:lol:

thanks guys

for everything
RIVERSTONE FARM ~ Home of Champions ~ Farms in Kentucky, Germany, and Japan ~
Ara Davies

Post by Ara Davies »

Okay so I want to work at the Jet Propulsion Laboratory in Pasadena but I'm terrified of earthquakes. Recently I've decided that maybe I can live with the risk of earthquakes for the glory of doing work on Mars. However, Daryl's story about getting whatever-or-other from dust unearthed by a quake is making me change my mind again. So you have only yourself to blame, Daryl, when Em gets mad at you because I won't move near her. :)

On the other hand, the lure of a place with space stuff AND Disney AND racehorses fairly close together (well, closer together than it is here in Florida) is tempting. But earthquakes are scary. At least I have enough warning of a hurricane to get out of Dodge. :(
Daryl Dennis

Post by Daryl Dennis »

Should I have mentioned that I once got rickets in Florida? And I would have gotten scurvy too if it wasn't for all of that citrus-y goodness.

Daryl

PS If you are scared of earthquakes, just live in a one-story house...and wear a helmet to be doubly safe.
Ronda Figal
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Ronda Figal »

lol....humm i remember watching my car rock back and forth when i was in Cal but i normally spept thru them..So good sleep aids works also...
Steph Wilder
Derby Contender

Post by Steph Wilder »

Ara already needs to wear a helmet to be safe.
Ara Davies

Post by Ara Davies »

I didn't like being woken up with my entire house moving, is all. That's just not cool.

And seriously, Steph, that was mean. But funny and possibly true. :) I laughed. You are a cool chick.
Steph Wilder
Derby Contender

Post by Steph Wilder »

Oh, you know I love you!
Mallory Claire

Post by Mallory Claire »

You know, in my 19 years of living literally on top of a web of faultlines (I live down the freeway from Pasadena, in Rancho Cucamonga), I can only think of 3 major earthquakes, and they were actually kind of fun. Nothing fell off shelves, or anything like that. Once, I woke up and my bed was gently rocking from side to side; it was actually kind of cool. Most of the time, I don't feel anything at all. I can't even remember the last time there were any type of tremors.

Now watch, tomorrow the paper will read, "Massive Earthquake Levels Rancho Cucamonga."

Haha but it would be kinda crazy. We had insane wildfires blaze through here two years ago, and even though the hills were charred black and people were all scared and swimming pools were black with ash and you couldn't even stand outside and breathe; we had mad fire exploring adventures. It was like the city shut down for a week. It was kind of fun. So when we were sitting in class, bored-stupid, we'd be like, "A natural disaster would be nice right about now."
Ronda Figal
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Ronda Figal »

lol, you live jsut down the hill from where we used to live...And durning teh 10 years we lived in the High Desert the only Quake i ever felt was the one that i was watching my car rock back and forth.....i hear ya i slept thru most of them....