English Circle

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Peter Gleason
Hall of Fame

Post by Peter Gleason »

The usual question- Retire or keep racing?

Here is her page-
<a href='http://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.php?HorseID=26723' target='_blank'>http://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.php ... D=26723</a>

Also, if retire, where should she go? She's already 3x3 to Storm Cat so I'd like to avoid that. I was entertaining the idea of George Washington
Big Changes Electrocutionist x Subtle Admiration (Future Hero) $5K
Forty Four Years Worlds Abound x October Magic (Lokite Magic) $1K
Piston Azamour x Ipi Tombe (Manshood) $7.5K
Nikki Everdeen
Hall of Fame

Post by Nikki Everdeen »

I'd keep running her, but that's just me. She isn't going downhill; if anything, she's improving since you shortened her up. I used to retire younger horses, but now that I'm more stable and have a large broodmare band, I've been letting my fillies run through at least four.
Inspiration Stud
Standing quality Appaloosas, Arabians, Paints, Quarter Horses, and Thoroughbreds
Paul Heinrich
Hall of Fame

Post by Paul Heinrich »

I'm really debating this question right now for my 4yo, <a href='http://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.php?HorseID=25994' target='_blank'>Rebel.</a> I am very interested to see the advice you get from the veterans here.

My personal thinking would be to run English Circle next year, because she's shown the potential to achieve more on the track. Placing and then winning in the two NW2's she entered would make me want to see what she can do in some lighter stakes fields, if you can find them, or at least at the allowance level. Getting some OTBs at stakes races would at least increase the dollar value of her foals, I would think, so that might be worth it.

At least that's what I'm thinking with <a href='http://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.php?HorseID=26186' target='_blank'>Moonlit Roses.</a> Though the urge to breed her was strong, I get the feeling I haven't gotten the best out of her yet, and if I can stretch her out and pick up some more wins, and maybe hit the board at some stakes, we'll be better off for it. Now with my other filly, Rebel, it's different, because I'm not convinced she's going to even break maiden for me. I really don't see anything that makes me think she'll do anything MORE than break maiden, like be competitive in stakes races. The extra 10-15k I could expect from 5 more 2nd, 3rd, and 4th places in maiden races really isn't worth it to me to keep running her. But I probably won't make that decision until September 14.

Good luck with her either way. She looks very promising to me!
"They're not going to kick me out." - Tim Matthews
Nikki Everdeen
Hall of Fame

Post by Nikki Everdeen »

Paul, I just wanted to say good luck with Rebel. I spent a decent amount of money for her when I had her, and she drove me absolutely bonkers!
Inspiration Stud
Standing quality Appaloosas, Arabians, Paints, Quarter Horses, and Thoroughbreds
Peter Gleason
Hall of Fame

Post by Peter Gleason »

I'm not sure if she'll be able to win at allowance level. I've had a couple mares finish in the bottom half of the field in their last race in allowance level and I wouldnt like her to be one of them.

By the way Paul, I'd race Rebel next year to get that win. Find a race for her she cannot possibly lose- New Zealand/ Hong Kong have races with low numbers. I just reckon that win will make her look that much better
Big Changes Electrocutionist x Subtle Admiration (Future Hero) $5K
Forty Four Years Worlds Abound x October Magic (Lokite Magic) $1K
Piston Azamour x Ipi Tombe (Manshood) $7.5K
Paul Heinrich
Hall of Fame

Post by Paul Heinrich »

NikkiSherman wrote: Paul, I just wanted to say good luck with Rebel. I spent a decent amount of money for her when I had her, and she drove me absolutely bonkers!
I know what you mean, Nikki. Some horses just don't seem interested in crossing the finish line first, it seems. She's probably too busy thinking about retirement, and all the great turf sprinters I might send her to. Too bad there isn't some sort of "temporarily spayed" button for fillies like this. :o
"They're not going to kick me out." - Tim Matthews
Karie McBrian
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Karie McBrian »

Here is her sire Perfect Circle (my big baby!)

I would say run her another year :)

Or if you want I will give you a breeding to Transcontinental (but he is really a long distance turf horse)