Horses' heights

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Sarah Chase
Hall of Fame

Post by Sarah Chase »

Love it! It makes them all the more "real." I was in for a shocker and actually gasped out loud when I saw my tentative, timid filly Southern Lights was a whopping 17 hands. Good gosh. Her full siblings were 16.3 and 16.1, so ... :)

Edit: This is assuming the new feature is pretty "accurate," even if it's not, it does well in conveying to me that I have a tall filly!
Frayed - $75,000
Liveinthemoment - $25,000
Same - $10,000
It's Been Awhile - $10,000
Grindelwald - $10,000
Skywatching - $7,500
Laura Smith
Hall of Fame

Post by Laura Smith »

Love all the improvements made over the last couple days -- thanks! :D
LONG OVERDUE FARM: Keepin' it Canada since Year 16.
Stallions to meet your every need. As long as you need a turf sprinter.
LaDonna King
Eclipse Champion

Post by LaDonna King »

my atlas filly is 17 hands..lol. i've got several 17 hand horses...and MANY 16.3 handers....fiji nights is 16.3

lucifer is the tallest in the sim, a whopping 17.2 hands.
Susie Rydell
Eclipse Champion

Post by Susie Rydell »

Because dealing with Lucifer at a small size wasn't an unpleasant enough idea ;)

I've got quite the little range of sizes in my barn, it seems, but I love when it actually matches up with how I've pictured them!
Sarah Chase
Hall of Fame

Post by Sarah Chase »

This only furthers my deep love for Lucifer. Having him be a physical monster is like the best icing on the best ever cake. He's so PERFECT. Nutty and tall and black and brave/obnoxious and fast ...
Frayed - $75,000
Liveinthemoment - $25,000
Same - $10,000
It's Been Awhile - $10,000
Grindelwald - $10,000
Skywatching - $7,500
Ara Davies

Post by Ara Davies »

Wait wait wait. You're telling me that gigantic 17.2 hands Lucifer was trying to eat my little 15.3 hands Cyclone? Why did nobody stop this? Lucifer is EVIL.
Ali Weasley
Hall of Fame

Post by Ali Weasley »

I have a yearling named Colossal that only turned out to be 15.2. Kinda ironic, but cute!

My Chief Seattle yearling is 17h, though. Yowza!

Having heights is so much fun! Today, heights... tomorrow, markings!? okok, one day at a time, sorry Em.
Ara Davies

Post by Ara Davies »

Oooh I just saw that War Song (dam of Banner and granddam of Atlas) is also 17.2 hands! She is a freaking giant mare and I think it's hilarious that she towers over Conduit and Atlas and Jet-Ski hahaha

Also Comet and his baby sister Calais are TINY: 15.1 hands. But not as tiny as Looker (ignoring she is dead) at 15.0 hands. Are there any horses below 15 hands?
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

No horses below 15.0 hands, because in real life if they are the owners tend to fudge that on their stallion register papers and such.

Bummer that Ali's horse ended up small, but don't forget Mighty Big is also tiny!

Still working on the real life horse's heights, that will take longer.
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
Ara Davies

Post by Ara Davies »

So does that mean that maybe Looker was UNDER 15 hands and I'm just a big liar? Especially since she was only two.
Tasha Langley
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Tasha Langley »

Love this new feature ^__^ Didn't know my dear Left Behind was such a wee one. Although... he's the same size as Victory Gallop (in real life) B)
Rivendell Acres
Home to...

Aupollo - $1,000
Dreams Never Die - $10,000
King of Jesters - $35,000
Left Behind - $10,000
Sounds of Victory - $7,500
Steph Wilder
Derby Contender

Post by Steph Wilder »

So THAT'S what that number is. I was wondering that last night.
Martin Pennington
Hall of Fame

Post by Martin Pennington »

Walk of Life is 16.3 as is her little sister Heterostadasticity (by Atlas) and H is the same heigh as dad, hopefully she has his ability too :)
Ara Davies

Post by Ara Davies »

Er...Steph dear, you couldn't figure that out? *pats*
AlyseSchuver
Miler

Post by AlyseSchuver »

I just new Brave was going to be big, he's 17.0. By Barbaro out of a Point Given mare, he has to be, lol. I have several at 17.0 and maybe 4 or so at 15.0, the rest are in between. I never knew Snoqualmie was to tiny! I had to go through every single horse in my barn to check them out.