Secretariat - "Big Red"

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Keith Maidlow
Hall of Fame

Re: Secretariat - "Big Red"

Post by Keith Maidlow »

Just got to see this thread. Em great article!!!

I did get to see Secretariat in the flesh at Claiborn Farms in the mid-80s. As with many people he is my all-time favorite horse and my SIM silks reflect that. I have a picture of me with him and I did get a pull from his tail from the groom and have it braided in a figure 8 and mounted on the matting of a winner's circle picture of him. It was a special experience for me, one I will always cherish.
*Sugar Bottom Stable
Lily Miles March
Miler

Post by Lily Miles March »

That's amazing, Keith! I would have loved to see him. Did anything stand out about him, to you, that set him apart from other champs?
Keith Maidlow
Hall of Fame

Post by Keith Maidlow »

Sophia Stevenson wrote: 6 years ago That's amazing, Keith! I would have loved to see him. Did anything stand out about him, to you, that set him apart from other champs?
When we saw him it was well past his racing days and he was probably a bit heavier than while he was racing. But, his power and muscle was still evident and he was so recognizable. A horse is a horse is a horse, but not here, this was "Big Red", I knew it and he knew it. So sad that cell phones with video options like we have today were yet to be invented. Walking from his stall to the tree lined area that his groom took him to would have been so nice to recall in a video.
*Sugar Bottom Stable
Lily Miles March
Miler

Post by Lily Miles March »

It certainly sounds like you can still picture it vividly enough. I'm glad he's still alive in so many memories, it's wonderful to imagine how it would be to see him in the flesh.