Favourite Breeders' Cup Races?

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
John Nicholson
Listed Stakes Winner

Re: Favourite Breeders' Cup Races?

Post by John Nicholson »

Belmont 2001 I travelled over from uk to attend and the classic between tiznow and sakhee was a memory I won’t forget,a great race but also the size of tiznow he looked like a monster.
Also it was only about 6 weeks after 9/11 so when everyone stopped and sang your national anthem it gave me goosebumps.
Willowcreek Farms
Classic Contender

Post by Willowcreek Farms »

I've got two, I can't decide which one, could be either. 1989 Classic, Easy Goer and Sunday Silence, what a rivalry they had coming into the big race. Or....2000 Classic, Giant's Causeway and Tiznow, what a finish. All ended up being just as brilliant in the breeding shed, true champions all around. This year could be another great one, I love both Gun Runner and Arrogate but there are a couple of really good spoilers in this race.
“ A lot of it is out of your hands and the more you do this the more you realize this."
-Chad Brown
Nini Panini
Eclipse Champion

Post by Nini Panini »

I was only in 11 years old when Zenyatta won the Classic, but that is the biggest standout in my memory. My mom still tells me that my eyes got all teary when she was so far back around the far turn and I thought she was going to lose, but then she just took off and y'all know the rest of the story. ;) Zenyatta was a hallmark of my childhood and watching her win the Classic on TV is one of the sweetest memories of my life. If I had to pick a favorite horse of all time, it has to be her.

American Pharoah's Classic is another standout. I felt my eyes tearing up as he entered the final furlong drawing away. He always took my breath away. I cried like a baby when Mucho Macho Man won the Classic too. I was a fan of his for his entire career and I was so happy he got a signature win. Tepin's Mile and Arrogate's Classic also gave me huge thrills, along with Hansen's Juvenile. Beholder's 3 wins are also very near to my heart.

The '87 Classic with Alysheba vs Ferdinand is probably my favorite from when I wasn't alive, with Personal Ensign's Distaff and My Flag's Juvenile Fillies right there. God, I love this sport.
"How do you describe perfection? Why try, let's just watch her run!"