*sigh* Ideas...

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Laura Smith
Hall of Fame

Post by Laura Smith »

Was up till four playing with the SIM...got up at eight...and now I can't think my way out of a paper bag.

This is an interesting mare so hopefully someone can give me some insight:

<a href='http://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.php?HorseID=22478' target='_blank'>http://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.php ... D=22478</a>

GREAT female family, obviously.
I expected her to want to go a little longer (and mismanaged her as a result of that, I think <_<) but she seemed to tell me she'd rather sprint. To be honest, I was pretty disappointed in myself that I couldn't ever quite figure her out. Sigh.

Anyway. So what direction do I go with her? I was looking at dirt milers types, and ended up looking at horses like Boise (I know he gois a little longer), Yume Senshi, and American Baby. Boise still seems to be running, and I have a whole bunch of Yume Senshis (cause he's so damn cool!) so I wouldn't mind going a bit of a different direction.

Still looking at Symbol-type blood, A.P. Indy (might have to scrape up five bucks somewhere and just send her to him), maybe something Unbridled-ish, FWW even...I don't know, my brain's a big pile of Jello right now.

Do I go sprinty-miley? Should I breed her to her pedigree and find her something that likes a bit more distance? What the hell do I do with a Flame Thrower mare? LOL...
Any insight greatly appreciated. :)
LONG OVERDUE FARM: Keepin' it Canada since Year 16.
Stallions to meet your every need. As long as you need a turf sprinter.
Brianna McKenzie
Eclipse Champion

Post by Brianna McKenzie »

I figure going with a miler type stallion is probably your best bet.

Stallions I thought of..

Desert Warrior or his son Desert Victory.
Chessie
Edict
American Baby
Lightninginabottle
Eric Nalbone
Hall of Fame

Post by Eric Nalbone »

There are a number of horses that love the 7-9f range, and they're the horses you see excelling in the BC Dirt Mile.

I'd be looking at horses like Lightninginabottle (next year), Strongerable, Inspired Myth, and depending on what your bank account looks like, Ghostzapper. American Baby might be a GREAT choice here, and that gets you the Symbol blood that you were looking for.
LaDonna King
Eclipse Champion

Post by LaDonna King »

i'd go with a turf miler! flame throwers only other winner won going a mile on the turf, then was never raced again on the turf at a mile. her sire has thrown turf. her dam has thrown turf.
Emily White
Eclipse Champion

Post by Emily White »

There's an awful lot of inbreeding when I hypomated her to Strongerable. Eric's right, American Baby is a good choice.
Jonathan Bolt
Listed Stakes Winner

Post by Jonathan Bolt »

Extremely (Lightninginabottle's G1 winning full brother) stands for 5k
Laura Smith
Hall of Fame

Post by Laura Smith »

I haven't been able to get online in what seems like forever -- stupid school >_>... But thanks a ton, everyone :) I'm leaning in an American Baby-ish direction... We'll see.
LONG OVERDUE FARM: Keepin' it Canada since Year 16.
Stallions to meet your every need. As long as you need a turf sprinter.
Mike Eaton
Hall of Fame

Post by Mike Eaton »

What about LOOK MY BEST?
NEVER CAUTIOUS

Every filly’s fantasy,
bred to go long but quick to plz

18 : 10 - 1 - 0 LTE $2,227,500
Baltimore Crown (G1)
Arcadia Classic (G1)
Seek Thrills Handicap (G1)
Arcadia Classic (G1)