Alexandria

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Emily Klein
Eclipse Champion

Post by Emily Klein »

I have a mare named Alexandria and she is 4 now and I was wondering if I should try to get her to break her maiden next year when she is 5 or retire her now and breed her or something else.

<a href='http://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.php?HorseID=24408' target='_blank'>http://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.php ... D=24408</a>
Seagrass Farm
Patten Fuqua
Classic Contender

Post by Patten Fuqua »

Considering she's never even finished on the board, why would you retire her?
Daryl Dennis

Post by Daryl Dennis »

While her record doesn't indicate that she is going to start hitting the board anytime soon, she has done a bit better in the longer races. Thus, I think you should try a few really long maiden (or maiden claim) races for her next year. If that doesn't work, try her in Steeplechases. I can understand your desire to retire her and get a new horse on the track a year earlier than you would if you raced her as a 5 yr old.

I usually retire almost all of my 4 yr old fillies regardless of their record.
However, I have found several that have proven very valuable as chasers. If you do decide to retire her, I would suggest one of the awesome turf routers up for 15k or under (Rado, Caesar Augustus). Have fun.
Brianna McKenzie
Eclipse Champion

Post by Brianna McKenzie »

I'd keep racing it. A mare should show more step then this one before you put time and money into breeding it.

I'd drop her right down into cheap claimers and try to make some money, it's a safe bet no one will claim her. If she STILL can't hit the board then I'd swap her to jumping and hope for the best.