Cheltenham Festival

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Lily Miles March
Miler

Cheltenham Festival

Post by Lily Miles March »

I must admit that I'm working long days this week and not managing to follow it as closely as I'd like. So I'm almost looking for buddies to get me motivated to spend more of my small free time getting excited about all these big steeplechases, especially the Gold Cup on Friday. So, anyone a fan of the UK jump races or is it just me?
Tiyoun Long
Miler

Re: Cheltenham Festival

Post by Tiyoun Long »

I love our jump racing - I just hate the injuries. I lost a hurdler on the course, and have always had flat horses since. That said ,theres nothing more exhilarating than seeing a great jumps race , and the horses are around for years

I've very excited about Cheltenham this week, as my trainer has a leading contender in tomorrow Grade 1 Stayers Hurdle ( Sam Spinner). I've got everything crossed for him!
Lily Miles March
Miler

Post by Lily Miles March »

Yes ... I know it is improving, safety-wise, but there are some National Hunt races that are definitely too unsafe for my liking, especially the Grand National course.

Still, you have to admire their spirit, boldness and just sheer endurance. They are incredible animals, and it's a different world to the flat racing in terms of strength and tenacity. I just watched Altior in the Queen Mother Champion Chase and couldn't believe what I was seeing. He's unbeaten in his entire steeplechase career so far and absolutely flew through that race. He's the only one I've picked today as a winner, so he's also proving that I'm not as cursed here as I am in the Sim handicapping contests!

Good luck to Sam Spinner tomorrow, are you going to be watching, on-screen or live?
Tiyoun Long
Miler

Post by Tiyoun Long »

Altior showed sheers guts and determination to win on ground he obviously hated. I just wish Douvan hadnt fallen because we never got to see these two magnificent chasers go head to head. The much anticipated showdown will have to wait for another day......

I'll be watching on Sams race on TV ..probably hiding behind the settee. LOL!!