Spendthrift Farm April 26

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Laura Ferguson
Hall of Fame

Spendthrift Farm April 26

Post by Laura Ferguson »

https://www.paulickreport.com/news/bloo ... elp-horse/

This looked pretty cool, so I bought a ticket. Anyone else from the SIM going?
Keith Maidlow
Hall of Fame

Re: Spendthrift Farm April 26

Post by Keith Maidlow »

I'm not going but I did get to go there in the mid 80s when Seattle Slew and Affirmed were there. It all seemed pretty small compared to several other farms we went to during the mid to late 80s. I've mentioned this before but will again, I saw Secretariat at Claiborne and Northern Dancer at Windields Farm. One of the nicest farms was Gainsway with a very unique barn layout and structure. Have a great time if you go.
*Sugar Bottom Stable
Louise Bayou
Hall of Fame

Post by Louise Bayou »

Sadly I won't be able to go but I know you will love it Laura! They are just the best people and farm manager Ned Toffey is a wonderfully kind person. I'm jealous you will get to see Lord Nelson. I haven't been able to see him yet. And drop off some grapes for B for me!
“It’s like I’m driving a Mac truck with the speed of a Porsche and the brain of a rocket scientist,” Gary Stevens on Beholder
Madelene Gilbert
Hall of Fame

Post by Madelene Gilbert »

I'm dragging the husband to their new Breeding Shed tour on Friday morning, April 13th. I'm super excited to go, as I've always wanted to see a live cover in person! But unfortunately I'm volunteering for the Kentucky Three Day Event the weekend of the Ironhorse event.
Laura Ferguson
Hall of Fame

Post by Laura Ferguson »

Madelene, as long as the weather is decent, I'm planning on going to the cross-country portion of the Three Day Event. It's one of my favorite things to do!