Need Help With One Of My Best Mares...

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Nikki Everdeen
Hall of Fame

Post by Nikki Everdeen »

This mare totally confuses me. I've been asking a whole bunch of people for help, and everyone has a different suggestion. I've been told to try sprinters, milers AND routers this year, with stallions ranging everywhere from Villain to Mighty Big to Gun Hill. For those who don't know, she's the dam of Desert Victory, but hasn't produced much else other than him. She's also the only Two Punch mare in the game, so that confuses me even more. Can anyone help at all?? I'm really completely at a loss...
Inspiration Stud
Standing quality Appaloosas, Arabians, Paints, Quarter Horses, and Thoroughbreds
Mike Eaton
Hall of Fame

Post by Mike Eaton »

I looked for like 10 mins for you well it felt like it and I found for your mare IMAGE what do you think?
NEVER CAUTIOUS

Every filly’s fantasy,
bred to go long but quick to plz

18 : 10 - 1 - 0 LTE $2,227,500
Baltimore Crown (G1)
Arcadia Classic (G1)
Seek Thrills Handicap (G1)
Arcadia Classic (G1)
Brakebills Stakes (G2)
Garden State (G2)
Nikki Everdeen
Hall of Fame

Post by Nikki Everdeen »

That's one who I hadn't been told to look at before. I did already breed to him this year though.

I suppose I should also mention that I've been told to send her to Throne and Chinese Bandit as well. There are a bunch of other stallions too but I can't remember them off the top of my head.
Inspiration Stud
Standing quality Appaloosas, Arabians, Paints, Quarter Horses, and Thoroughbreds
Stephen Saratoga
Turf Router

Post by Stephen Saratoga »

I would stay with the Deputy Minister line. My choices are in order.
1. Let There Be Light
2. Ghostzapper
3. Desert Warrior
4. Arrogant
5. Medallist (your own stallion)

But you already told me you don't like sending mares to stallions you've already bred to in the same year. I think Let There Be Light would be best.
Nikki Everdeen
Hall of Fame

Post by Nikki Everdeen »

Well I already sent her to Ghostzapper, and that filly is absolutely HORRIFIC. I have no idea what's wrong with her, but she's doing the exact same thing that Puppy Love (another Decked filly) did at first until she got fixed, and that's finish dead last in every single race.

I also bred her to Medallist and Desert Warrior myself. The Desert Warrior (not Desert Victory) isn't too great; he's only ever won one race.

With Decked, I'd probably be willing to send her to a stallion I already used this year, just because she's so special.
Inspiration Stud
Carolyn Eaton
Hall of Fame

Post by Carolyn Eaton »

Most of the ones I was thinking of are too close with Mr P

Majesty might work - he's a Conduit son, with Walkover as a broodmare sire through Tiara - and was mid distance to route. His yearlings are working out very well.
I'm just here for the fun of it
Brianna McKenzie
Eclipse Champion

Post by Brianna McKenzie »

Ever thought about trying turf?

If she were mine, I'd try blasting that Kiddo baby over the lawn.

Just to check.
LaDonna King
Eclipse Champion

Post by LaDonna King »

i was gonna suggest turf but i see bri beat me to it...lol.
Brianna McKenzie
Eclipse Champion

Very old Sim logic. :) All else fails run it on turf.
Nikki Everdeen
Hall of Fame

Post by Nikki Everdeen »

I honestly never thought about going turf with her, but now that complicates things even more. If I consider turf stallions, then that widens the spectrum of possibilities even more, and confuses me even more than I thought was possible. I adore this mare, but man is she driving me up the wall! <_<
Inspiration Stud
Paul Heinrich
Hall of Fame

Post by Paul Heinrich »

I'm pretty new at the breeding thing, but the first one I picked was Let There Be Light - I see Stephen has already suggested it. I like him, because you stay with a proven cross with Deputy Minister, and you throw in some Danzig. Of course, going the opposite way on Desert Victory's dam side (Navajo Pass), you have Battle Cry, a half brother to Desert Warrior. So Gun Hill would be enticing to me. If you're ambitious and have the bankroll, maybe Saga? Or go with the newly retired Epic. He puts Battle Cry another generation back, but also brings in a pair of blue hens in Mirror and Sahara Gold.

Or you could just try Desert Warrior again. You've already hit big there once, I wouldn't be afraid to try again. Some kids just get the ugly genes, you just gotta write them off and get back to it! :D
"They're not going to kick me out." - Tim Matthews
Brianna McKenzie
Eclipse Champion

Just try working her current foals over it, you don't have to waste a whole breeding to figure it out.

I had a Deputy Minister mare who's foals stepped up on the turf.

I just thought it might be worth a shot.
Nikki Everdeen
Hall of Fame

Post by Nikki Everdeen »

I was just given the suggestion of End of the Line, since he could do turf and dirt. Does that sound totally unreasonable?
Inspiration Stud
Brianna McKenzie
Eclipse Champion

I say breed everything that walks to End Of The Line..

:)
Susie Rydell
Eclipse Champion

Post by Susie Rydell »

My general "I don't know which surface theory" is to do just that - pick one that does both. I was using Zinfandel a little bit for this... now I'm using End of the Line. With sprint options as Runaway and Adjust the Lens.