Help With My Horses

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Rajesh Persad
Two Year Old

Post by Rajesh Persad »

Can anyone who can help take a look at my horses Black Cross and Evil Empire. They just are not performing as they should.Am I running em on the wrong surfaces....Do i need a change of equipment or have they just not matured as yet...PLEASE HELP B)
Paul Heinrich
Hall of Fame

Post by Paul Heinrich »

I have Black Cross' half-sister, White Flay Flying. She's doing better than he is, but she's not quite up to where I think she should be either. I don't think the dam has been completely figured out yet, since WFF's sire was a router, and BC's sire is listed as a sprinting sire. A mile might be a little long for him. I would consider dropping him to sprint claimers. I might also try stripping his equipment down to just lasix and working from there, one item at a time, but remember I don't have much experience either.

For Evil Empire, I'd guess he'd be best on longer dirt routes, but the dam doesn't really offer a lot of help. Sire is stronger on turf, but has winners on dirt, too and the dam sire is all dirt, so I'd stay on dirt. Doesn't look like he minds the blinkers, and he appreciates the breathing help, so I'd keep the lasix and tongue tie. I'd probably try to keep him over 9 furlongs next year, with blinkers, lasix and tongue tie, and see if he starts doing better as he stretches out.

Just my 2 cents. Good luck! :)
"They're not going to kick me out." - Tim Matthews
Brianna McKenzie
Eclipse Champion

Post by Brianna McKenzie »

Black Cross: Definately need to find this ones distance. There is conflicting evidence to do with distance, others on the same cross seem to like 1 1/4 so it's not out of reach your horse wants more ground. It's easier (less tiring to the horse) to go shorter, so I would do that first, if there isn't a good response I'd wheel back in a longer distance race.

Evil Empire: Much easier case. Look at the sires best horses, then look at your horse.
Rajesh Persad
Two Year Old

Post by Rajesh Persad »

THANKS FOR ALL THE ASSISTANCE GUYS>......GREATLY APPRECIATED B)