2018 Kentucky Derby 144

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Kenneth Prater
Listed Stakes Winner

Re: 2018 Kentucky Derby 144

Post by Kenneth Prater »

I guess if Justify was in our game he would be a freak!
Irving Faulkner
Classic Contender

Post by Irving Faulkner »

Justify too good, with everything in its favor, California, Baffert, Mike, always on the west coast, are the great Very Special

I could see the video recorded from a phone, without audio, and certainly everything helped, the start position, the weather, and its great quality, I'm glad that this foal is on top of the biggest, broke the myth of 100 years, INCREDIBLE :P :P :P
For judgment is without mercy to him who has shown no mercy. Mercy triumphs over judgment.
Fern Thompson
Listed Stakes Winner

Post by Fern Thompson »

I think he's a freak! I've seen the race three times now, and all I can say is WOW.
Carole Hanson
Hall of Fame

Post by Carole Hanson »

Shame about Mendelssohn getting completely wiped out at the start.

But Justify wouldn’t be beaten by anyone today, no matter how good their trip! He’s an absolute beast! And I was most impressed by his calm demeanour throughout, especially for such a young inexperienced horse!
Fern Thompson
Listed Stakes Winner

Post by Fern Thompson »

I wasn't sure what had happened with Mendelssohn until I saw a race that focused on his run. I felt bad for him too, but I'm sure he'll have more wins soon!
Nini Panini
Eclipse Champion

Post by Nini Panini »

Amazing race by a spectacular horse. Bring on the Preakness! Go Justify!
"How do you describe perfection? Why try, let's just watch her run!"
Lily Wilkins
Eclipse Champion

Post by Lily Wilkins »

It was my birthday and I was at our local track... I was getting really lucky all day. I had a Justify - Good Magic exacta in mind, but I did not bet. I am kicking myself!! Justify has been my pick since he came into the picture, I love that horse. What a race!
𝐴𝑧𝑢𝑙 𝐸𝑞𝑢𝑖𝑛𝑒
Since Year 30
Proudly Standing

Equinox | TR/AWR | $50,000
Quinny | DR/DM | $10,000
✾ Visit our Nursery to view our floofy little future stars!
Eric Hamme
Classic Contender

Post by Eric Hamme »

The Perils of Watching the Derby with People Who Aren't Into Racing: I was a party yesterday (with me bring bourbon so they'd know it was Derby day of course). As they went down the stretch, I needed Audible to catch Good Magic to hit the tri (Why didn't I have Good Magic in the 2nd spot? Because I am Bad At This (TM)). At the moment, my inner track degenerate came out and I started yelling "Get up there 5! Get up there 5!" I'm pretty sure I got weird looks. Oh well.

Also, today in Being a Degenerate: I'm heading to the track today. In my defense, it's closing day at Laurel, and Pimilco is too far away/too much of a dump for me.
Louise Bayou
Hall of Fame

Post by Louise Bayou »

Mendelssohn was finished at the start. Very disappointed he didn't even get to really run. Can't wait to see him next time.

Justify.. looked amazing.
“It’s like I’m driving a Mac truck with the speed of a Porsche and the brain of a rocket scientist,” Gary Stevens on Beholder
Gwayne's World
Eclipse Champion

Post by Gwayne's World »

Ended up backing Audible on the win end. But cashed in on the Derby trifecta which made for a good day at the races!
Laura Smith
Hall of Fame

Post by Laura Smith »

Local news here: "BC-Bred Horse Wins Derby." LOL, ok, keep dreaming. Oh well, misuse of terminology is better than no racing coverage at all, right?
LONG OVERDUE FARM: Keepin' it Canada since Year 16.
Stallions to meet your every need. As long as you need a turf sprinter.