2018 Kentucky Derby 144

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Michael McGuire
Derby Contender

Re: 2018 Kentucky Derby 144

Post by Michael McGuire »

Noble Indy

He's my pick to win the Derby. I love a horse with heart, he showed that in the Louisiana Derby when he came back in the homestretch to win.

My brother's pick to win the Derby is Justify.

Who do you like in the Derby?
Dan Kauffman
Hall of Fame

Post by Dan Kauffman »

Whoever finishes first.

(I haven't paid a lick of attention to the actual Derby this year. May wind up spending some time clicking on all those links in this thread!)
‹Ali Hedgestone› Oh you get addicted to the crack after a while.
This spot reserved for my super-amazing TR stallion come Year 136.
Carole Hanson
Hall of Fame

Post by Carole Hanson »

Dan you’re missing out, this crop is stellar!
Fern Thompson
Listed Stakes Winner

Post by Fern Thompson »

It's one of the best field of horses ever, I think! I'm super excited as always, and although I'd love to be there in person for it one day, watching the Derby with family is always fun.
My pick is Justify, although Mendelssohn is scary good......
It doesn't matter who wins, though. They're all great, and whoever crosses the finish line first will be who I like for the Preakness!
I hope all the horses and jockeys have a safe ride today.
Irving Faulkner
Classic Contender

Post by Irving Faulkner »

Well the big day has arrived, all year long, it's a new emotion to be able to see the Derby, even if by repetition, from San Youtube, in a long wait until someone uploads the video :P

I have always enjoyed the work, and Bob Baffert's horses, the style is amazing, and the talent of this coach, it's a year to see how he has won, and lost incredible competitions, so Justify, is an extraordinary card now in play. if Dr. Hinede Hacklu, saw the photo that Louise Bayou placed on this horse, he would say something like this; He is the type of horse that physically thrives on a heavy work load. Look at those solid legs! I would not worry too much about injury :P
Justify

If this horse wins, I will be very happy.

but there are 2 Jockey from my country who will be present, and certainly they will be, the Jockey, that I wish that they win this Derby, since it would be a bit of Alegria for my country, in a situation that lives very critical.

my first mark will be Audible, with the mount of JJ Castellano, when I won the Florida Derby, Castellano was in Dubai, so he could have won this competition, this afternoon I think he has a lot of opportunity to win the Derby, so certainly, I will be very aware of this result.

and my second mark is the colt, driven, by Junior Alvarado, this colt has always been fighting against the good horses of his generation, so although he is in the bet as far from being a favorite, the Derby has always had his surprises, so the Enticed colt, is the other favorite, for me.

I believe that this Derby, is at the height of the great competitions, of the game, like the Desert World Cup, the Classic, and the Own Derby Sim.

so I think there will be a Kentucky Derby, with Simhorseracing flavor :P

I think, and I'm sure that all these foals are incredible, and their quality is lost sight of, so anyone who wins, has the quality to continue its path to the Triple Crown, and reach it.

so good luck to each of the participants
For judgment is without mercy to him who has shown no mercy. Mercy triumphs over judgment.
Michael McGuire
Derby Contender

Carole Hanson wrote: 6 years ago Dan you’re missing out, this crop is stellar!
Yes, this may be the best field I have seen in the Derby, we'll see here soon if it lives up to the hype.
Michael McGuire
Derby Contender

Fern Thompson wrote: 6 years ago It's one of the best field of horses ever, I think! I'm super excited as always, and although I'd love to be there in person for it one day, watching the Derby with family is always fun.
My pick is Justify, although Mendelssohn is scary good......
It doesn't matter who wins, though. They're all great, and whoever crosses the finish line first will be who I like for the Preakness!
I hope all the horses and jockeys have a safe ride today.
Fern, thank you for the post. You and my brother have Justify, my brain says to pick him, but my heart went with Noble Indy. And yes, let's hope for a safe trip for both jockeys and horses.
Fern Thompson
Listed Stakes Winner

Post by Fern Thompson »

Michael, I always say go with your heart, so the best of luck to you and Noble Indy! They're all superstars.
David Gray
Miler

Post by David Gray »

Vino Rosso
Good magic
Audible

I see a speed duel developing up front. I dont think Justify has the breeding or experience to hold his speed for the derby distance. So I see late runners and 2 sons of Curlin coming on late and Audible taking 3rd coming from midpack or slightly off pace.

My longshot pick is Free drop billy. It was gonna be My Boy jack but he went from 30/1 yesterday to 6/1.

Happy Derby Day!
"Pay attention as David Gray is building a nice stable of runners." Howard Cake
Aaron Michael
Sprinter

Post by Aaron Michael »

Magnum Moon only because I saw him at Oaklawn. I like My Boy Jack as well
Burgundy Hill Farms
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Burgundy Hill Farms »

Good Magic
Enticed
Justify
Flameaway

But the track is sloppy and there could be a huge horse to muck it up.

Michael McGuire
Derby Contender

100+ years of the Apollo Curse has been BROKEN!

Congratulations Justify, Bob Baffert, and team for winning the 144 Kentucky Derby. WOW!
Erica Olson
Listed Stakes Winner

Post by Erica Olson »

Well, I thought Magnum Moon and Mendelssohn would do well, and they were 19th and 20th... but WOW is right!! So excited to watch Justify in the Preakness.

P.S. Audible (the website) is offering a free audio book about American Pharoah right now. Get it before they put the price back up to $29!
Hall of Fame Pacer!
Highland Billy

Trotter Stud:
Viceroy - 5K