Barbara Livingston retweeting Em's photos?

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Stormy Peak
Hall of Fame

Barbara Livingston retweeting Em's photos?

Post by Stormy Peak »

Barbara's one of my favorite photographers and book writer. She's also been kind enough in the past to send me signed books and out of the blue once, I got a package from her that contained some photos, and several thick high quality paper posters of her's of Spectacular Bid when he was almost a pure white elderly guy running through his paddock, and Medaglia d'Oro that were made for some special events.

So, like every year, I like to look at Barbara's pre-Derby and Oaks photos and saw Emily Shields being retweeted... gorgeous racing photos!
About 13 photos down...just under a photo of a map...

Pretty great when a famous photographer notices your photos :D (again assuming that is the case with a retweet... I don't use twitter. :P)

https://twitter.com/DRFLivingston

--------------------
Stormy
SIRES: Turf Routers - Each multiple G1 winners

Tuck Everlasting
Fee $30,500

Wolfman Jack
Fee $18,000
Carole Hanson
Hall of Fame

Re: Barbara Livingston retweeting Em's photos?

Post by Carole Hanson »

Pretty sure Barbara and Em are very good friends :D
Stormy Peak
Hall of Fame

Post by Stormy Peak »

Carole Hanson wrote: 6 years agoPretty sure Barbara and Em are very good friends :D
I tried to meet Barbara one time...but never did spot her at the track...it was at Santa Anita the year Zenyatta won the Classic.
I was also with someone else who was kind of a super serious handicapper and he wasn't there for the purpose of meeting people...so I didn't like actively try to hunt her down either. If it had been under different circumstances I would have probably walked over to the paddock and other areas where maybe I would have had a chance to bump into her, same with the group of Simsters who where there that year.
Maybe some day.

I loved the photos, btw, Em has a good eye for catching horses in interesting photos.

Stormy
SIRES: Turf Routers - Each multiple G1 winners

Tuck Everlasting
Fee $30,500

Wolfman Jack
Fee $18,000
Carole Hanson
Hall of Fame

Post by Carole Hanson »

I agree! I especially love the photo of Monomoy Girl checking early on in the Kentucky Oaks yesterday! And of course her photo of Justify winning today is stunning!