Tribal relay horse race at Canterbury Park

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Stormy Peak
Hall of Fame

Tribal relay horse race at Canterbury Park

Post by Stormy Peak »

This is from a few years back, but I found it interesting.
I love the paint job on the horses that have a line traveling down all their legs, ridden by the guy with partly shaved head.

I also find it amazing that they were allowed to race with apparently no safety equipment - no saddle.
Fun to watch, but also... I do wish a whip restriction rule was in place... the one guy in the blue shirt seems to be rather heavy handed with his whip.

The riders have to jump off their horses and remount onto a fresh one for this race. When I first opened the clip, I thought if would be more like a rider passing a baton to another rider. :P

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VFJTg7HuWws

----------
Stormy
SIRES: Turf Routers - Each multiple G1 winners

Tuck Everlasting
Fee $30,500

Wolfman Jack
Fee $18,000
Irving Faulkner
Classic Contender

Re: Tribal relay horse race at Canterbury Park

Post by Irving Faulkner »

totally agree on the whip, the jockey, I think they do not have the slightest idea, the damage to the horse, both lashes, and with such force that they print

I have always commented, a true Jockey, knows how to run a horse to the maximum, without the need to punish him.

sometimes it would cause me to have a whip, and give a single whip to the Jockey, to have him feel, and after seeing him on the floor crying, ask him HURTS, good to the horse too, and you give him more than 15 lashes in a competition

since the age of 12 I have loved racing, horses, but if I could ban the use of the whip, I would

I think we abuse many of the animals, they are living beings, but it does not matter that, only the profit, that can always be taken out, the exploitation of others

if it were more organized, where people were not so messy with the horse, and with people of lower weights, it would be very fun

the jockey, turning backwards, if at that moment, the horse makes a stranger, and launches, to the left, or to the right, well the fall will be very discouraging for the jockey

more thanks Stormy, for the video, and I hope you are better, from the bite
For judgment is without mercy to him who has shown no mercy. Mercy triumphs over judgment.