Streamer

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Mallory Claire

Post by Mallory Claire »

I realize it is very late, but I thought I'd at least give Streamer a boost; he certainly deserves it.

Streamer is the only viable son of Astarabad available for stud. This is of particular interest to the breeders sorely missing Star Studded in the shed, and if his stud record is any indication of Streamer's potential, his current stud fee of $25,000 should be extra appealing to smaller breeding operations. Moreover, Streamer has an exceptional female family; his dam was an Eclipse champion and has produced several other G1 winners, and his second dam, Banner, is simply a legend, both on the track and in the breeding shed. Storm Cat is 7 generations back in his pedigree and Northern Dancer is even further back, making him a good outcross for many turf mares.

While his pedigree drips talent, his own race record should not be skimmed over. He did not earn his first stakes win until late in his sophomore year, however, he gained considerable momentum as an older competitor; at 5, he went 4-for-5, collecting several G1 victories in Germany, and at 6, he competed with the best in Europe before sewing up his career with back-to-back G1 wins in Japan, including the Japan Cup. He revels at long distances, but has shown he has considerable speed - he defeated fellow Davies-bred Duc de Berry in his very first start at a sprinting distance. While he was often considered a second-tier horse, he has certainly beaten some formidable horses, including a less-experienced Caesar Augustus last season by 3 lengths.

So if you have any long distance turf mares left this season, Streamer should be considered among the brightest of the incoming freshman sires. I was nearly as excited for him as I was for Stop and Stare, if that says anything. At $25,000, I'd say he's worth a gamble.
Alex Puderbaugh
Hall of Fame

Post by Alex Puderbaugh »

If I had any left, I would definitely breed to him! Unfortunately, I don't :(. There's more studs than I have mares for, lol.
Brianna: I just wanted something with balls.. :D
Krystle Yanagihara
Grade 2 Winner

Post by Krystle Yanagihara »

Go Streamer! :D