The Daily Mare Contest ( Contest Still On)

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Dylan Christensen
Hall of Fame

Re: The Daily Mare Contest ( Contest Still On)

Post by Dylan Christensen »

Sten Rino Haakonsen wrote: 5 years ago Okay The Arabian seemed not to be the most popular of choices lol but fear not that was my only Arabian mare

This time out we will try and go with a more player friendly mare so I choose one of my favorite mares that can still give you a bit of challenge cos she seems to be awfully picky when it coms to sires

https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.php?HorseID=730093
she has a productive 3 and 4 year old then stakes 2 year old ( who was freak and still seems to be a great racehorse) and an allowance yearling
So good luck contestants
Alright I don’t know much about Paints but it seems to me that Snow Capped Castle might be your best bet. He will give you absolutely no inbreeding as he is a Holiday sire. My other choose would have been Hey Brother but going into pedigrees we can see a high amount of inbreeding which let’s be honest is not something you want. To make matters better Snow Capped Castle has 50%+ on Allowance ir Better and only 5% claimer so getting a horse that absolutely sucks seems unlikely.
yeah
Ali Hedgestone
Eclipse Champion

Post by Ali Hedgestone »

With the mare being by Boone, inbreeding is basically going to be almost impossible to avoid in Paint Mids unless you go with a Holiday sire or QH sire. With the scale shift in mixers it's going to throw off any progeny gallop %s for the next 5 SIM years or more. So I look at the other stats if I can.

I do like the Hey Brother cross and it's worked before. The inbreeding isn't too heavy, I've seen (and bred) worse.

For this mare I really like the QH option. My suggestion would be:
Cowboys Don't Cry - While not a unique QH pedigree, roughly half his foals are yearlings. Thus making his gallop %s not horrible inaccurate. His first runners are just now hitting the track. His race record draws me. If there's a big QH race he's basically won it. QH SC Juvie to the Most American. I think he's nicely priced at $15k for Paint/Appy mares.
Dan Kauffman: 52 mixers previewed. You (and Glenn) should get paid or institutionalized (Y48, W15, D3)
Sten Rino Haakonsen
Eclipse Champion

Post by Sten Rino Haakonsen »

I got a world of trouble deciding this one but I decided in the end to go With Cowboys Don't cry
Last time I tried crossing with a qh it did not really work but hope is that was a fluke since what I understand from the contestants words a qh Cross for her should work quite well
but thanks to all contestants for giving me a lot too choose from in the future as well

congratulations Ali yet again and you are free to pick another prize
Sten Rino Haakonsen
Eclipse Champion

The next one up might be a challenge

https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.php?HorseID=738423 another turf mile mare this time
She is only a some potential mare so You might be asking youselves why Keep her at all and well I guess if you look at her breeding it's more sentimental than anything else as I would just love getting a nice foal out of her just to keep that family line going
Remember telling me to toss her out is also kind of breeding advice so If that is what you think I should do than I will consider that as well
Her First and only foal so far was productive
Dylan Christensen
Hall of Fame

Sten Rino Haakonsen wrote: 5 years ago The next one up might be a challenge

https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.php?HorseID=738423 another turf mile mare this time
She is only a some potential mare so You might be asking youselves why Keep her at all and well I guess if you look at her breeding it's more sentimental than anything else as I would just love getting a nice foal out of her just to keep that family line going
Remember telling me to toss her out is also kind of breeding advice so If that is what you think I should do than I will consider that as well
Her First and only foal so far was productive
I think Heal Not Hurt might be a good choice. The Sire is only $15,000 so you won’t be throwing to much money away if the foal doesn’t turn out. But besides that he has the highest freak percentage in the division and the highest stakes percent on top of that. In terms of how he’ll do with your mare watching his past races he seemed to have a stronger burst when trying to close races out something your mare seemed to miss. The inbreeding is also very minimal with these two which is always a good thing.
yeah
Rochelle Bos
Hall of Fame

Post by Rochelle Bos »

Honestly I would try frankel. The top four Old Majesty mare foals are by Frankel and Distant Dream (Frankel son), so he likes your Dam line. Frankel also sired your mare’s dam’s only 6 figure earner. So my second choice, if your not wanting to pay the GP and are willing to dish out the sim$ on an unpredictable mare I would go with Distant Dream!

And by that I mean pfff you should toss her, right into my barn! I’m not too good for unpredictable mares ;p

Edit: my third choice would be Red Ferns, giving you a 3x3 to Old Magesty and Silence is Bliss.) this is the one *I* would do but not everyone likes line breeding
KINGSWOOD
Pensioner Program
• Pension your 2yo or older horse
• Ship your horse to any Kingswood Location
• Sell your horse to Rochelle Bos for $0

Comparison is the thief of joy - Theodore Roosevelt
Sten Rino Haakonsen
Eclipse Champion

And the winner is Rochelle Guile with Red Ferns as I loved the breeding with these 2
so Rochelle feel free to tell me what prize you want
Sten Rino Haakonsen
Eclipse Champion

next is a Appy Router mare who unfortunately never got to show off on the track as she was hit by a random injury and retired but luckily she is a blue hen so she might be able to be a nice breeder
https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.php?HorseID=932128
her first foal and only foal was stakes
Good Luck Contestants
Rochelle Bos
Hall of Fame

Post by Rochelle Bos »

Sten Rino Haakonsen wrote: 5 years ago And the winner is Rochelle Guile with Red Ferns as I loved the breeding with these 2
so Rochelle feel free to tell me what prize you want
Yay! I’ll take the Cash please :D
KINGSWOOD
Pensioner Program

Dylan Christensen
Hall of Fame

Sten Rino Haakonsen wrote: 5 years ago next is a Appy Router mare who unfortunately never got to show off on the track as she was hit by a random injury and retired but luckily she is a blue hen so she might be able to be a nice breeder
https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.php?HorseID=932128
her first foal and only foal was stakes
Good Luck Contestants
One Big Freeze might be a good one. He is 36% allowance or higher and a Holiday Sire(I think) meaning you won't get any inbreeding. I think this mare will benefit from cross breeding as she is half QH.
yeah
Rochelle Bos
Hall of Fame

Post by Rochelle Bos »

I know you already tried Capacity to Feel with her, but I would send her back to him! Of 14, Night Scene Appy grandfoals 5 are by Capacity to Feel. He also has a REALLY amazing Allowance and up % :D
KINGSWOOD
Pensioner Program

Sten Rino Haakonsen
Eclipse Champion

And The winner is ...... Tan Gent with Cant Be Caught

I kinda found it exciting that this sire could actually sire routers and just had to try it out
So Tan Gets to pick out another prize
Sten Rino Haakonsen
Eclipse Champion

The next one Is very interesting
https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.php?HorseID=822002 she is a formidable mare who so far has 2 tm foals who are both allowance so not bad at all but she Is also a Strong Chaser mare so there might be some possibilities here of breeding her to a chaser sire or maybe there even exist a sire out there who were good at both tm and chase what do I know????
Good Luck Contestants this is one I really look forward to see wht you can come up with
Rochelle Bos
Hall of Fame

Post by Rochelle Bos »

I’d try the new GP stud Kementari A- nicks to both chaser mares AND TM mares :D

See Tan Gent and Em’s comments here: viewtopic.php?f=28&t=44602#p386596
KINGSWOOD
Pensioner Program

Dylan Christensen
Hall of Fame

Rochelle Guile wrote: 5 years ago I’d try the new GP stud Kementari A- nicks to both chaser mares AND TM mares :D

See Tan Gent and Em’s comments here: viewtopic.php?f=28&t=44602#p386596
I think Rochelle wins this one :lol:
yeah