More Breeding Help

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Rob Canterbury
Eclipse Champion

Post by Rob Canterbury »

In the quest to upgrade my breeding stock I made a significant Broodmare purchase today..

<a href='http://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.php?HorseID=34749' target='_blank'>http://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.php ... D=34749</a>

Blushing Mariah---

I should first say that I am learning everyday about the Sim Breeding world..It is still not a strength of mine..

with that being said--In what direction might you take this breeding stock--

Here is what I am thinking--well the obvious TURF.... It appears as though this Horse shows that it can handle a variety of distances...

so should I breed it to a speed turf influence..or stick with a turf Miler..

at first blush I am thinking Symbol Kris K--- symbol Kris K has almost 20% stakes winners and has 2 storm cat crosses in the top 10 performers... I am also thinking about Monaachi--but will probably hold off a bit as that goes into uncharted waters..

so am I headed in the right direction??? any other thoughts?? ( I also considered rock of gibralter as well)

all opinions will be greatly appreciated
Live Strong- Baltimore crown champion- dirt route
Its a Gamble--MONSTER!
Afriad to Lead-- SC winner
Paul Heinrich
Hall of Fame

Post by Paul Heinrich »

I can't add a lot, but I will say I would definitely be attracted to the Kris S line for her. Brian's Time (from Roberto) and Kicken Kris are more affordable options than Symboli, Action This Day, or Rock Hard Ten. But I think any of them would be exciting.

>edit - I meant to mention Brigadier Brooks as well. Reading what Stephen said, I see there would be a lot of inbreeding with BB and BT. And there is a Kicken Kris cross out there already, though it looks nice.
"They're not going to kick me out." - Tim Matthews
Stephen Saratoga
Turf Router

Post by Stephen Saratoga »

Nice purchase Rob. The previous owner chose bloodlines that were equivalent to Giant's Causeway when creating the mare. I've seen Giant's Causeway do well with Seeking the Gold and his best son Dubai Millennium. So if your mare was mine I would be going with Dubawi. But if I had some extra game points, then I would consider Kingmambo. I'm not big on inbreeding so I personally would stay away from Northern Dancer and Roberto line stallions and go with the Mr. Prospector line that is turf.

Giant's Causeway works well with plenty of crosses and I think you did well by purchasing this Storm Cat/Rahy/Roberto mare. I'm also glad that I own the mare's first foal who happens to be a filly. They chose to go with Kicken Kris.
Emma Lochran
Hall of Fame

Post by Emma Lochran »

I like Stephens' idea of Dubawi, but I don't mind some inbreeding, so I also like the idea of War Chant, which would give you a colt bred a bit like Palpitations. 3x4 to Northern Dancer and 4x4 to Roberto.

Nice mare, good luck :)
Emily Mitchell
Hall of Fame

Post by Emily Mitchell »

I really like the Symboli Kris S suggestion, not just because I own him (though that helps, hehe)- like you said he has done well with Storm Cat mares (see Introspect) plus he can throw nice sprinters (see Reassure) and nice sprinter/milers (see Fleet Admiral), which temporarily eliminates trying to decide to send her to a sprinter or miler stallion. And I actually like the inbreeding to Roberto, I think it's cool.

With a Storm Cat mare though, you've got practically endless options. It would be fun to get some Storm Cat inbreeding, too... then you're talking lots of speed.
RIVERSTONE FARM ~ Home of Champions ~ Farms in Kentucky, Germany, and Japan ~
Michelle Calderoni
Hall of Fame

Post by Michelle Calderoni »

How about you wait until Status Symbol retires after this year =D
Pegasus Feathers International -Dubai
Edward Cullen -$35k | Fleet Admiral -$35k | Visine -$10k
Champions Producing Champions
Carolyn Eaton
Hall of Fame

Post by Carolyn Eaton »

As much as I love Action This Day (he does very well with several less common lines as well as Sadler's Wells and The Scarlet Nite)- he hasn't done much with the 2 Storm Cat mares he's been bred to.

War Chant is nice, siring Shadowofyoursmile out of a Storm Cat/Rahy mare.

Danehill sons have had success (George Washington being my favorite)

Kingmambo, as Stephen mentioned - also works very well (Fairest King is a G3SW at 2 for me with that cross)

-so, lots of choices, happy breeding.
I'm just here for the fun of it
Rob Canterbury
Eclipse Champion

Post by Rob Canterbury »

Thank you all so much.... as usual I am humbled by the knowledge you all have... but with that of course comes more questions...

I will sift through them all..but it looks like i have the next four years all lined up...

Now if I put it in a spreadsheet with 150 other horses you can call me Chris Briggs!

(just teasing Chris!)
Live Strong- Baltimore crown champion- dirt route
Its a Gamble--MONSTER!
Afriad to Lead-- SC winner