Turf Stallion Help!

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Amanda O'Brien
Grade 2 Winner

Post by Amanda O'Brien »

I have a very nice mare in MAGELLAN'S LADY whose three foals to race to date have all won. I really want to inject some quality and class into her (so to speak!) and have looked at the Stud Book and have come up with:

Rock of Gibraltar
Monaachi
Symboli Kris S
Giant's Causeway

(you get the picture!)

But does anyone else have a suggestion? Am i looking too close to the Danehill/Storm Cat lines?

Money no object ;)
Emma Lochran
Hall of Fame

Post by Emma Lochran »

How about new boy, Six Signs? I know he's not proven, but he intrigues me. Otherwise I would go with Symboli Kris S, I like him alot, he's distance versatile, which I think would be good for this mare, and he throughs winners :) Plus I love Roberto
Steph Lonhro
Hall of Fame

Post by Steph Lonhro »

I dunno I looked at the mare I would look for more a turf sprinter, I know George Washington can sire up to a mile and a bit maybe might want to look at him, I also like symboli kris s
Selati(dirt miler) $15k NY
Lani(unspecified type) $30k in NY
Lead the Crowd(turf miler) $15k NY
Carolyn Eaton
Hall of Fame

Post by Carolyn Eaton »

In looking at your mare - she's a turf sprinter, and her offspring have done best at turf sprints.

If your willing to put up points - the ultimate source of turf speed is Storm Cat (5000 GP's)

Other proven sprint turf sires: King's Best (who I really like, and has been successful with a number of bloodlines), Guitar has proven himself worthy of his 100K stud fee. A Bus is nice if you're OK with inbreeding (3 x 3 to Astarabad, which is an OK line to inbreed to). Perfect Soul is also interesting.

In the unproven side - I really like Right Hand Man who just retired, so his initial foals are yearlings, but he hypomates very well.
I'm just here for the fun of it
Emily Mitchell
Hall of Fame

Post by Emily Mitchell »

Nice mare. I agree that she is a turf sprinter... so Six Signs may not be the best option since he was more of a miler, although he was pretty speedy too.

I do like the Symboli Kris S suggestion, naturally. :) He can give you plenty of speed (see Reassure) but he can also add some stamina... so the foal might be able to get a mile, you'd just have to experiment.

Carolyn made a lot of other good suggestions- there are a lot of turf sprint options out there. I even stand another option myself, that being Grey Swallow (64% winners).
RIVERSTONE FARM ~ Home of Champions ~ Farms in Kentucky, Germany, and Japan ~
Alex Puderbaugh
Hall of Fame

Post by Alex Puderbaugh »

I haven't looked at the mare, but if she's a sprinter, how about Adjust The Lens? Like I said, I haven't looked at her so there may be inbreeding. His first crop is 2 I think, so he's still relatively unproven, but he was a very nice racehorse.
Brianna: I just wanted something with balls.. :D
Amanda O'Brien
Grade 2 Winner

Post by Amanda O'Brien »

Thanks for all the feedback - I really like the idea of Guitar but the Symboli Kris S just keeps coming back to me as a good idea so I will be breeding that now.

As for the rest of my small band of mares, its hit, click and hope!