There was a bug on my spinach

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Ara Davies

Post by Ara Davies »

Once, many, many years ago, I would watch Popeye on TV. Popeye would eat a can of spinach every so often and man did that cartoon spinach look gross. Occasionally I would see overcooked spinach in real life and it looked mushy and gross and ew yuck spinach.

When I grew up, I discovered the joy that is dip (not tobacky but like chip dip) I mean hot dip not ranch dip because ranch dip is gross although I do like pizza dipped in ranch. Sometimes this hot dip I ate had spinach in it which grossed me out at first but then turned out to be pretty good.

A few weeks ago I had pizza with shrimp and spinach and cream cheese and oh it was good let me tell you.

So yesterday I thought huh I eat spinach in cheese stuff now, what about eating just spinach. So I bought raw spinach. A few minutes ago I opened the bag up and put some on a plate to eat with an apple and carrots and cheese. It looked like leaves which was weird but I'll try it anyways.

It was GOOD! Like when I eat raw green beans. So I kept eating raw spinach leaves and I picked one up and there was a black spot on it and THAT BLACK SPOT WAS A BUG ON MY SPINACH!!

So I threw that leaf away and then ate the rest the end.

(I wrote this story pretty much just to cheer up Steph and Dave because I thought they'd enjoy it :) )
Steph Wilder
Derby Contender

Post by Steph Wilder »

You should publish that.
Dave Shields
Eclipse Champion

Post by Dave Shields »

Mmm I like Spinach! And I could eat any kind of Spinach too - raw, cooked, canned, fresh, frozen, in something, all by itself. Not to keen on eating bugs though. :)

I used to watch Popeye on the weekends when I was a kid, loved that cartoon. I am not really sure why I did, but it probably had something to do with the fact it was one time I actually could watch TV. I always wanted to have a pipe like Popeye so I could use it as a blow torch or a rocket to fly. Of course, smoking is bad for you and the reality just ain't the same as it is in cartoons, oh well. ;)
Sarah Chase
Hall of Fame

Post by Sarah Chase »

When I was in elementary school I always played tag at recess. My school had the best playground in the state 'cause we had this well-known guy design it, and so I was playing on it and screaming because I didn't want to get tagged. My mouth was very open, and suddenly I froze. I think I might have even stopped breathing for a few seconds. Heart pounding, I stuck my fingers into my mouth and pulled out a (now dead) black bug. I smeared it on a metal handle attached to a part of a part of a part of the overall playground. I leaned closer and studied it. Two legs and a wing were missing. My mouth tasted horrible, so I went to the water fountain and washed out my mouth. It didn't help. I spent the rest of the afternoon walking around, getting strange looks when I panickedly told the afterschool leaders I had eaten a bug. Finally my mom came to pick me up after work and I went home and ate shrimp chips to get the buggy taste out.
Frayed - $75,000
Liveinthemoment - $25,000
Same - $10,000
It's Been Awhile - $10,000
Grindelwald - $10,000
Skywatching - $7,500
Emily Mitchell
Hall of Fame

Post by Emily Mitchell »

Ara Davies wrote: So I threw that leaf away and then ate the rest the end.
Wow. I would so not have eaten the rest.

And poor Sarah, that's one of those 'I'm scarred for life' kind of moments.

Stupid bugs. :lol:
RIVERSTONE FARM ~ Home of Champions ~ Farms in Kentucky, Germany, and Japan ~
Steph Wilder
Derby Contender

Post by Steph Wilder »

I remember when I was 10 on the soccer field and my friend started gagging because a bug had flown down her throat. That sucks.
Mandy Saunders
Eclipse Champion

Post by Mandy Saunders »

The average human being will eat 8 spiders in their sleep during their life.

True fact.
~ Mandy ~

Click here to visit The Stallions of Lakeside!

Last updated: Year 26, Break - Wow, it's been awhile, I need to get on that, lol

RIP Shelly & June...I will love you, always.
Steph Wilder
Derby Contender

Post by Steph Wilder »

I will never sleep ever again for fear I will eat a spider. I hate spiders.
Mandy Saunders
Eclipse Champion

Post by Mandy Saunders »

Just tape your mouth shut... you'll be fine :P
~ Mandy ~

Click here to visit The Stallions of Lakeside!

Last updated: Year 26, Break - Wow, it's been awhile, I need to get on that, lol

RIP Shelly & June...I will love you, always.
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

I've already woken up several times to bugs crawling on me. I just don't understand why they think I am fun to walk on.
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG