Confidence in the Sim

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Hamish Mcgonaghal
Sprinter

Confidence in the Sim

Post by Hamish Mcgonaghal »

I know there are a few of us who have lost all confidence in steeplechasing in the Sim. If its not getting beat in the grade 1's by the created 4yo freaks (only ones in the game) we have a gazillion 2 and 3yo freaks that could make all our 4yo+ Stakes horses redundant.
I became a steeplechase only stable because racing 1 day a week suited my work hours and the Steward didn't breed any so anyone can start to compete at the highest levels. I bought the Steward bred last year as a pin hook so he won't dominate the division like steward breds do in flat racing.

Mixers and steeplechasing is where there was a level playing field for all but unfortunately that has been taken away from us in recent seasons. I think its time we got reasurances that there is a plan and we as contributors to this game have a say like the Laura Ferguson's of the game do.
Ashley Gibson
Grade 1 Winner

Re: Confidence in the Sim

Post by Ashley Gibson »

That sounds to me like every division in the game. You have to work hard at your barn to succeed. Even then some years you don't. You seem to want to blame people like Laura who have played forever, but expand into new things for the challenge.

I mean Steeplechasing isn't even that hard, even I have two steeplechasing Steward's Cup wins.
"I think it needs to be reiterated that Ashley Gibson is my hero.." - John Slotman (March 4, 2010 0757)

4:16 PM [John Slotman] I don't even know where to start.
4:16 PM [John Slotman] Except I heart Ashley.
Rachel Sadler
Turf Router

Post by Rachel Sadler »

Ashley Gibson wrote: 5 years ago That sounds to me like every division in the game. You have to work hard at your barn to succeed. Even then some years you don't. You seem to want to blame people like Laura who have played forever, but expand into new things for the challenge.

I mean Steeplechasing isn't even that hard, even I have two steeplechasing Steward's Cup wins.
Steeplechasing isnt that hard. Are you kidding me? You must also think breeding a Derby winner is easy.
When was the last time the thorougbred division had 2 freaks created that were lenghts ahead of any other horse? Never.
Imagine all dirt routers were stakes and the steward created 2 freaks that won every G1. How would you feel?
How would you feel when your told im sorry i stuffed up by creating those horses, but i wont do anything to fix it?
How would you feel when all 4yr old and up horses are stakes but all your 3 yr olds are freaks, not knowing what the future holds for those older horses, and even after asking how our older horses will fair next year when the 3 yr olds hit the track as 4 yr olds and not getting an answer?

You won a SC year 41 and 42, if steeplechasing is so "easy" why arnt you still breeding? If it's easy to breed a SC winner surely you would keep doing it and keep winning SC steeplechase races, but you dont, infact you only have 2 steeplechasers, so it must not of been easy to keep breeding good horses.

As for Laura Ferguson, you totally missed the point. No one is blaming Laura, she is simply being used as an example of how certain players are listened too over other players. Read the broodmare comment thread if you want to know what i mean. I contacted the steward 2 years before hand about the comments and was basically told to suck it up. Laura complains and the comments are changed in days.

So i suggest you go and read the other threads in the Steeplechase forum about the above problems then you might understand what breederes such as myself, Hamish, Dave Trainer, Lucas Davenport etc are going through at the moment.
"I wish people will tell me when there unhappy"

We did, and you didn't do anything to fix the reason why we are unhappy!
Dave Trainer
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Dave Trainer »

I'm also worried about how my 4yo plus chasers will get on next season once the Freaks are competing against them,

Freaks were removed from Chasing a few seasons ago when they were downgraded as too many couldn't win NW 2 and 3 races. This imo was a change for the better. It seemed to stabilise the chase division and made it easier to assess a horse's level and its gallop was more in line with its races.

This season we suddenly have 3yo (and 2yo) Freaks. There are many 3yo Freaks that are hitting mid 90's SF's at the same time that our older Stakes horses SF's have been reduced so they now win Graded Stakes in high 70's and low 80's.

This does not bode well for them being able to compete against those Freaks next year. Stakes gallop chasers that were consistently otb in Graded Stakes races should not be running in claimers but that is a distinct possibility next year if we don't retire them. Horses currently 4yo plus have been completely devalued.

It seems the original change has been reversed. No idea why as it seemed to be working. Chasing seems to be going backwards.
Ashley Gibson
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Ashley Gibson »

Rachel Sadler wrote: 5 years ago
Ashley Gibson wrote: 5 years ago That sounds to me like every division in the game. You have to work hard at your barn to succeed. Even then some years you don't. You seem to want to blame people like Laura who have played forever, but expand into new things for the challenge.

You won a SC year 41 and 42, if steeplechasing is so "easy" why arnt you still breeding? If it's easy to breed a SC winner surely you would keep doing it and keep winning SC steeplechase races, but you dont, infact you only have 2 steeplechasers, so it must not of been easy to keep breeding good horses.
Patience and I personally find them boring.
"I think it needs to be reiterated that Ashley Gibson is my hero.." - John Slotman (March 4, 2010 0757)

Dave Trainer
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Dave Trainer »

Lets not get sidetracked like some other threads recently.

The issue is our chasers of 4yo and up seem to have no prospects of winning decent races from next year on. Is anything going to change so they are competitive against the Freaks coming through, currently aged 3, or are they going to be a lost generation, having cost some of us a lot of Sim money to breed or purchase.
Hamish Mcgonaghal
Sprinter

Post by Hamish Mcgonaghal »

Ashley obviously you have no idea what I'm talking about so if you have nothing positive to contribute to the thread you could try keeping your thoughts to yourself.

Your right Dave I just wanted answers to be made public for everyone to see where steeple chasing is headed
Nena Olson
Hall of Fame

Post by Nena Olson »

Rachel Sadler wrote: 5 years ago

Steeplechasing isnt that hard. Are you kidding me? You must also think breeding a Derby winner is easy.
When was the last time the thorougbred division had 2 freaks created that were lenghts ahead of any other horse? Never.
Imagine all dirt routers were stakes and the steward created 2 freaks that won every G1. How would you feel?
Example A: Owl Let You Know
Example B: The People's Horse

Owl was beat once and still ran a 99, and The People's Horse only loses to Owl and now runs in all the smaller G1/G2 stakes so that he doesn't beat her owner's other horse, Gladiator, or her friend's horse, Owl. Trust me. It makes dirt route older division terrible to be in. Those two are LENGTHS better than any other horse in the division. Their numbers are probably 19 out of 20, if I had to guess :P

Good for Kris & Stephen but awful for the other's in the division lol
✧.* SIM Artist ੈ✩‧₊˚
Ashley Gibson
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Ashley Gibson »

Hamish Mcgonaghal wrote: 5 years ago Ashley obviously you have no idea what I'm talking about so if you have nothing positive to contribute to the thread you could try keeping your thoughts to yourself.

Your right Dave I just wanted answers to be made public for everyone to see where steeple chasing is headed
Maybe my point was that a woe is me thread is not the route to go. Maybe the first 28 times this thread has come about it was just as annoying. Here's the thing... everyone has things they don't like about the SIM. I have one big focus. I have complaints on that, BUT if the complaints outweigh your happiness in the game (which it seems it does for you) perhaps it is time to hang up your tack.

Dave Trainer
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Dave Trainer »

Nena, the differences are

1/ they were bred not created by the Steward with no pedigree.

2/ The other DR Freaks weren't downgraded to Stakes a few seasons ago and then had their SF's reduced this season so they won't be able to compete with the Freaks that are coming through aged 2 and 3.

Its strange how no Freaks were bred for a few years hence no 4yo bred freaks yet now the 2yo and 3yo chasers have freaks in abundance.

imo either the chasers 4yo and up should be reinstated to the level they were at prior to the original change in year 48 or the current 2yo and 3yo should be downgraded in the same way they were to ensure there is a level playing field for chasers of all ages.
Nena Olson
Hall of Fame

Post by Nena Olson »

Who are the two Chasers that were created and out destroying all the fields?

Wicked Heels just won a $400k G1 and she isnt created or a steward bred...
✧.* SIM Artist ੈ✩‧₊˚
Dave Trainer
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Dave Trainer »

I don't want this thread sidetracked to be about those 2. Its been well documented already.

Its about the plethora of 3yo and 2yo Freak chasers that our current 4yo and up chasers will not be able to compete with.
Danny Derby
Hall of Fame

Post by Danny Derby »

Steward created monsters have existed in all thoroughbred divisions for years. We call them Steward breds.
Dave Trainer
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Dave Trainer »

The operative word there is bred. These were created, no parents, like Frankensteins monster.

And as I've continually said I don't want this thread sidetracked like others. This is about the 2yo and 3yo Freaks and the 4yo chasers becoming worthless, not those 2 horses.
Rochelle Bos
Hall of Fame

Post by Rochelle Bos »

Firstly I really didn’t want to poke the bears, since I’m apparently part of the problem in chasing. But Rachel you so dramatically said the two created freaks are “winning all the grade 1 races”. I just went through all the Graded wins for the year (1,2, and 3) here’s what I found:

Kent Saunders - 2, 0, 0 (owns a 4yo Freak)
Dave Trainer - 1, 1, 0
Rachel Saddler - 1, 0, 1
Hamish Mcgonaghal - 2, 1, 4
Te Akau Downs - 1, 0, 0
Rochelle Zahacy - 2, 1, 0 (owns a 4yo Freak)
Regina Moore - 2, 0, 0
Arthur Cutler - 1, 1, 0
Polk Buffalo - 1, 1, 0
Natsha Gates - 0, 1, 0
Frank Nracco - 0, 1, 0
Lucas Davenport 0, 1, 0
Laura Ferguson - 0, 0, 1

So it seems Hamish just wants everyone else to quit chasers so he can win even more races?

And second, you guys are complaining about having too many freaks? That’s insane, I hope you see that. What difference does it make if you 4yo wins or your 7yo? It’s still your horse winning?

Lastly. This is a game that The Steward created and runs FOR FUN, nothing is making her keep the game up, she could delete it tomorrow. People like you two are seriously draining the fun out of the game with your negativity. If you are so mad, and hate the game and the way Em runs it so much why are you still here? No one is forcing you to play.

Now attack me like I’m sure you will. I am determined to do my own thing, hate me and my ONE horse if you want, whatever. *I* however am having fun, and will continue to do my own thing.
Last edited by Rochelle Bos 5 years ago, edited 2 times in total.
KINGSWOOD
Pensioner Program
• Pension your 2yo or older horse
• Ship your horse to any Kingswood Location
• Sell your horse to Rochelle Bos for $0

Comparison is the thief of joy - Theodore Roosevelt