Confidence in the Sim

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Dave Trainer
Grade 1 Winner

Re: Confidence in the Sim

Post by Dave Trainer »

Thanks Laura
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

Just a message that an update on this is coming this later week. It's not a major deal or anything, but we finally got a chance to run some reports on all the active crops.
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
Rochelle Bos
Hall of Fame

Post by Rochelle Bos »

The Steward wrote: 5 years ago Just a message that an update on this is coming this later week. It's not a major deal or anything, but we finally got a chance to run some reports on all the active crops.
You’re a champion! <3
KINGSWOOD
Pensioner Program
• Pension your 2yo or older horse
• Ship your horse to any Kingswood Location
• Sell your horse to Rochelle Bos for $0

Comparison is the thief of joy - Theodore Roosevelt
Lee Tuttle
Miler

Post by Lee Tuttle »

I have one 2yo SC Freak. It's a grandson of Fullbright.
Fullbright is one of the many "holiday studs" from a year ago.
I would guess that these holiday studs are playing a large part in the jump in gallop ratings by the under 4yo's(holiday stallions). Combine that with the change in broodmare quality comments & yes I'd expect a significant change in quality between the current 4yos and 3yo's.

Steeplechase isn't the only division having to deal with that. Most of the mixer divisions are feeling an effect from those holiday mixers too.
Most of the holiday studs in other mixer classes have made most of the bred studs a mere after thought when breeding. They hypo better. They throw better ponies. It's just how it is now.

Nobody is yelling from all of the other mixer divisions though. And the thing is that you have now 3-4 seasons of foals from them in all of the SC and other mixer divisions so there is really no going back.

I've only been around for a couple seasons. So this has no impact on me. But I can certainly empathise with all of the players that had been developing lines over many seasons only to have their lines leapfrogged by the holiday studs and broodmares.

And yes the 2-4yo created freaks are a seperate issue. But if I were one of their victims I'd be royally * that a couple created monsters were given away in chat. Being that this is a pay game and people are playing from all over the world there will never be a good time to have a give away in chat that is fair to all paying memebers. Such a thing should of never happened.(I understand all was done with the best of intentions). And retiring them next season when the freak 3yos are four and able to compete against them? What's that accomplish besides preserving there win percentage?

Again I really don't have a dog in this fight, but I like to yammer.

Hugs and kisses for all! especially the SUPER AWESOME Steward!
Dylan Christensen
Hall of Fame

Post by Dylan Christensen »

Lee Tuttle wrote: 5 years ago I have one 2yo SC Freak. It's a grandson of Fullbright.
Fullbright is one of the many "holiday studs" from a year ago.
I would guess that these holiday studs are playing a large part in the jump in gallop ratings by the under 4yo's(holiday stallions). Combine that with the change in broodmare quality comments & yes I'd expect a significant change in quality between the current 4yos and 3yo's.

Steeplechase isn't the only division having to deal with that. Most of the mixer divisions are feeling an effect from those holiday mixers too.
Most of the holiday studs in other mixer classes have made most of the bred studs a mere after thought when breeding. They hypo better. They throw better ponies. It's just how it is now.

Nobody is yelling from all of the other mixer divisions though. And the thing is that you have now 3-4 seasons of foals from them in all of the SC and other mixer divisions so there is really no going back.

I've only been around for a couple seasons. So this has no impact on me. But I can certainly empathise with all of the players that had been developing lines over many seasons only to have their lines leapfrogged by the holiday studs and broodmares.

And yes the 2-4yo created freaks are a seperate issue. But if I were one of their victims I'd be royally * that a couple created monsters were given away in chat. Being that this is a pay game and people are playing from all over the world there will never be a good time to have a give away in chat that is fair to all paying memebers. Such a thing should of never happened.(I understand all was done with the best of intentions). And retiring them next season when the freak 3yos are four and able to compete against them? What's that accomplish besides preserving there win percentage?

Again I really don't have a dog in this fight, but I like to yammer.

Hugs and kisses for all! especially the SUPER AWESOME Steward!
All of this is very well put Lee, if everyone just had the same disposition as you I think all would be well.
yeah
Lee Tuttle
Miler

Post by Lee Tuttle »

It's easy for me to have that disposition when I only started a couple seasons ago. For those that have been playing and developing lines for years, it's a lil different.
Rochelle Bos
Hall of Fame

Post by Rochelle Bos »

I agree with you on most points Lee, I believe this year is the first foal crop of holiday sired Chasers to hit the track track, but that being said even gamebred horses are pumping out freaks and stakes like crazy.

As for the chat auction horses, as far as I know, of the 10 from various divisions mine is the only one retiring. I know the other Chaser will still be competing next year.
KINGSWOOD
Pensioner Program

Flizan Hambletonian
Turf Router

Post by Flizan Hambletonian »

Rochelle Zahacy wrote: 5 years ago I agree with you on most points Lee, I believe this year is the first foal crop of holiday sired Chasers to hit the track track, but that being said even gamebred horses are pumping out freaks and stakes like crazy.

As for the chat auction horses, as far as I know, of the 10 from various divisions mine is the only one retiring. I know the other Chaser will still be competing next year.
What? Play Leapfrog is the only one retirering? What about "Jimmy Durante"? Why isn´t he retiring? That´s not fair.... And next year there will be plenty of freaks in the division, so I don´t think you have to retire Play Leapfrog either.
On the other hand, I think Play Leapfrog will be a fantastic stud for you, Rochelle.

Here is a list of all 4 years old colts stakeswinners... https://www.simhorseracing.com/horses.p ... GPSired=-1
Country House Turf Router, AW Router, Steeplechaser
Smoke and Gusto Paint Dirt Router
Flizans Bourbon Steeplechaser
Rochelle Bos
Hall of Fame

Post by Rochelle Bos »

Flizan Hambletonian wrote: 5 years ago
Rochelle Zahacy wrote: 5 years ago I agree with you on most points Lee, I believe this year is the first foal crop of holiday sired Chasers to hit the track track, but that being said even gamebred horses are pumping out freaks and stakes like crazy.

What? Play Leapfrog is the only one retirering? What about "Jimmy Durante"? Why isn´t he retiring? That´s not fair.... And next year there will be plenty of freaks in the division, so I don´t think you have to retire Play Leapfrog either.
On the other hand, I think Play Leapfrog will be a fantastic stud for you, Rochelle.

Here is a list of all 4 years old colts stakeswinners... https://www.simhorseracing.com/horses.p ... GPSired=-1
No one is forcing me to retire him not to worry! <3 I just figured if I can make Em’s life a tiny bit easier “why not”. Also he and JD aren’t the focus of the thread (or so people keep saying ;) ) so let’s not get this thread locked too haha
KINGSWOOD
Pensioner Program

Flizan Hambletonian
Turf Router

Post by Flizan Hambletonian »

[/quote]

No one is forcing me to retire him not to worry! <3 I just figured if I can make Em’s life a tiny bit easier “why not”. Also he and JD aren’t the focus of the thread (or so people keep saying ;) ) so let’s not get this thread locked too haha
[/quote]

I just reacted... ;) I agree, this thread is about what happened to our horses racingability...
Country House Turf Router, AW Router, Steeplechaser
Smoke and Gusto Paint Dirt Router
Flizans Bourbon Steeplechaser
Dave Trainer
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Dave Trainer »

The Steward wrote: 5 years ago Just a message that an update on this is coming this later week. It's not a major deal or anything, but we finally got a chance to run some reports on all the active crops.
Thanks Em
Polk Buffalo
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Polk Buffalo »

I am happy to see that Em has listened and posted an answer to the questions about what happened to the now 4yo+ and 3yo and younger chasers. I guess no adjustment will be considered perfect for anyone. To me the adjustment of 4-6 year is ok. But to me it seems that the "new crops" will still be dominating the fields next year.

Personally I must say I am happy. I started last week of Y47. I made probably my biggest newbie mistake two weeks after. I bought a bunch of cheap 1$ different career horses on the beathan vale auction. I gelded them instantly to get that extra 999$.
I later realized that the different career comment didnt say much about their chasing capabilities. Some of them galloped chase stakes and one ended up second in stewards cup last time (leading 3.9 miles). He now has 307k winnings and will probably reach to 350k mark. If he does I will blame myself harder for gelding him.

The new bunch of freaks increase the possibility that he doesnt reach 350k and I don´t have to blame myself that hard.... :)
OK, maybe that is just me trying so see the bright side of it.

I have no idea of how many chase freaks there were before Y47, but I have a feeling that chasers could do well with a "mixer downgrade" too relatively soon looking at the freak% in the last crops..
After that... not so many changes please..
Polk Buffalo Stallions
Yoboki Arabian Router 40k
Blue Daub Adee Appy Mid 20k

and many more...
Dave Trainer
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Dave Trainer »

The older chasers already had that mixer downgrade Polk. It happened y48,

Emily said in the Steeplechase fix post that she isn't going down the route of downgrading the 3yo's
Polk Buffalo
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Polk Buffalo »

I didnt mean to downgrade the 3 yo's only. I meant changing the levels of the comments so that perhaps 1-2% become are freaks and not 30% ish...
First after Y48 change it was too few chase freaks (none I think) and now there are too many... Somewhere in between perhaps?

No more change is also a good alternative... :)
Polk Buffalo Stallions
Yoboki Arabian Router 40k
Blue Daub Adee Appy Mid 20k

and many more...
Dave Trainer
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Dave Trainer »

Well it looks like the fix hasn't worked.

https://www.simhorseracing.com/race.php?RaceID=1212578 Only two 3yo's in the race. 1st and 2nd some way clear.

https://www.simhorseracing.com/race.php?RaceID=1212577 Three in this one filled the first 3 places.