♛ PLAY LEAPFROG ► Retiring at the end of Y51.

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Rochelle Bos
Hall of Fame

♛ PLAY LEAPFROG ► Retiring at the end of Y51.

Post by Rochelle Bos »

PLAY LEAPFROG

4yo Bay Thoroughbred Stallion
Chase Freak

Unfortunately due to a few squeaky wheels PL’s career will be cut short, he will be retiring the end of this year. His fees will be determined based on his performance for the remainder of the year, as well as how he Hypos. There will be deals for his freshman and sophomore years, see below.

He will be standing in Australia where I plan to open a track in Y54 to support his foals with delicious AUS-restricted stakes :)

► ON THE TRACK 6: 5-1-0 LTE $795,000

3YO — 2: 1 - 1 - 0 $245,000
WIN - Mind Blowing Stakes (L)
PLACE - Steward's Cup Derby Chase (G1)
-- Lost by a head with a 100 sf

4YO — 4: 4 - 0 - 0 $550,000
WIN - The Great Tasman Chase (G1)
-- People didn’t want to run against him, so they made their own race.
WIN - The Australian Grand National (G1)
WIN - Australian Steeplechase (G1)
WIN - Kalbarri Special (G2)
Dead Poets Challenge (G1)
La Revolutione Cup (G1)
Steward’s Cup Steeplechase/Marathon Chase TBD (G1)

► STUD FEE TBD

DEALS
51.9.6 - Brilliant Mares and producers of stakes winners get 50% off for his freshman year
51.9.6 - I’m open to multiple (10+) mare deals

PM Me In Game to Reserve Your Spots Today!

•················•················•················•················•
Looking for your own Stud Ad? Message Rochelle Zahacy in Game!
KINGSWOOD
Pensioner Program
• Pension your 2yo or older horse
• Ship your horse to any Kingswood Location
• Sell your horse to Rochelle Bos for $0

Comparison is the thief of joy - Theodore Roosevelt
Dave Trainer
Grade 1 Winner

Re: ♛ PLAY LEAPFROG ► Retiring at the end of Y51.

Post by Dave Trainer »

Rochelle Zahacy wrote: 5 years ago
Unfortunately due to a few squeaky wheels PL’s career will be cut short, he will be retiring the end of this year.
I don't understand the term "squeaky wheels" Could you explain please?
Rochelle Bos
Hall of Fame

Post by Rochelle Bos »

Dave Trainer wrote: 5 years ago
Rochelle Zahacy wrote: 5 years ago
Unfortunately due to a few squeaky wheels PL’s career will be cut short, he will be retiring the end of this year.
I don't understand the term "squeaky wheels" Could you explain please?
That would refer to a select few people who have been filling The Steward’s inbox regularly with complaints about PL. So I was asked to retire him, and I accepted her offer of cookies.

Edit: added the cookies since I’m sure you were going to ask what special offer I accepted to retire him.
KINGSWOOD
Pensioner Program

Dave Trainer
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Dave Trainer »

I wouldn't have asked about any special offer as I wouldn't have expected the Steward to have offered any inducement at all. Perhaps in the interest of transparency we should all be told what this offer was.

There has been no reply in another thread yet about what is happening to chasers next year. Maybe all will become clear when we get an answer there.
Rochelle Bos
Hall of Fame

Post by Rochelle Bos »

Dave Trainer wrote: 5 years ago I wouldn't have asked about any special offer as I wouldn't have expected the Steward to have offered any inducement at all. Perhaps in the interest of transparency we should all be told what this offer was.

There has been no reply in another thread yet about what is happening to chasers next year. Maybe all will become clear when we get an answer there.

Like I said, she offered to send me cookies :) which is really all I thought I needed to save her the headache of dealing with the three “squeaky wheels”. Why is that all I needed? Because I like Em, and maybe it’s because I’m Canadian but I feel bad she has to put up with it. He’s just one horse, I have others who bring me enjoyment, not as much as racing PL did, but there will be more in time.

Edit: also let it be clear, I did it because Em asked me, NOT because of the complainers. And I will enjoy my cookies when they arrive (maybe I’ll pretend they are the souls of the “squeaky wheels” as I eat them), and I will equally enjoy my PL foals.
Last edited by Rochelle Bos 5 years ago, edited 2 times in total.
KINGSWOOD
Pensioner Program

Rochelle Bos
Hall of Fame

Post by Rochelle Bos »

Dave Trainer wrote: 5 years ago There has been no reply in another thread yet about what is happening to chasers next year. Maybe all will become clear when we get an answer there.
Actually I have something to say about this too. Nothing is likely to happen to them. They will continue to run as well as their abilities allow. If they don’t run well, then retire them just like you would with any other horse. The division is stabilizing after its adjustment. Isn’t it easier to go with the flow then stress over everything?
KINGSWOOD
Pensioner Program

Dave Trainer
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Dave Trainer »

Perhaps you don't understand what has happened to chasers. There is now an imbalance between the 3yo and under compared to the 4yo plus. It is impossible to believe that no bred Freaks exist above 3yo yet there are so many of that age and younger, unless something has gone wrong. I'm sure the Steward will explain at some point just what has caused this to happen.

It might be easier if everyone went with the flow but then any problems would not be found and fixed.
Carole Hanson
Hall of Fame

Post by Carole Hanson »

I'm just super sad to see that Rochelle has to retire her superstar chaser (a category where she could have raced him for plenty more years) because she is one of two people that got lucky and got him. They are definitely way more fun when racing. Sorry to see him retire Rochelle but I hope he can cause you and The Steward less stress as a stud.

I understand the frustration of the players involved in this division but imagine if The People's Horse and Owl Let You Know were forced to retire because they're almost unbeatable. I know, I know, it's about the current 3yos being way better than the 4yos and yes that's a big issues but this is a horrible side effect of that (and I distinctly remember that there were complaints about Play Leapfrog and the other created chaser in another thread last year, before the 3yo freak thing even happened).

ETA: Also, why should Rochelle be transparent about the cookies she's getting from this? It's between her and The Steward and by retiring her horse, she's doing the chasing community a favour. I'm sure she would rather keep Play Leapfrog in training.
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

This means I'm actually going to have to follow through on those cookies!
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
Randall Allen
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Randall Allen »

That is despicable people complaining and you having to retire him. Happy Snowman and Sidney weren't forced into an early retirement. (I guess the powerhouse players aren't asked to retire their overpowered horses.) Shame on you if you were one of the people who complained on this: You forced a girl who has only been a player since may to retire probably the best horse of her career.

I don't even see him being that overpowering. Play Leapfrog has lost a race after all, unlike the other two horses mentioned above.
Dave Trainer
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Dave Trainer »

Carole Hanson wrote: 5 years ago
I understand the frustration of the players involved in this division but imagine if The People's Horse and Owl Let You Know were forced to retire because they're almost unbeatable. I know, I know, it's about the current 3yos being way better than the 4yos and yes that's a big issues but this is a horrible side effect of that (and I distinctly remember that there were complaints about Play Leapfrog and the other created chaser in another thread last year, before the 3yo freak thing even happened).
You can't compare 2 player bred DR horses in a division where there are many Freaks with 2 Steward created Freaks in a division where all other Freaks had been downgraded a couple of seasons earlier.
Carole Hanson
Hall of Fame

Post by Carole Hanson »

Dave Trainer wrote: 5 years ago
Carole Hanson wrote: 5 years ago
You can't compare 2 player bred DR horses in a division where there are many Freaks with 2 Steward created Freaks in a division where all other Freaks had been downgraded a couple of seasons earlier.
Many freaks or not, they are still pretty untouchable to those other freaks in their division.
Dylan Christensen
Hall of Fame

Post by Dylan Christensen »

Rochelle I don’t feel that it’s fair that you have to retire this horse(and I am NOT blaming the Steward, she’s been great in all of this). Thankfully you are such a good player and I am confident that you will soon have another horse just as good if not better. But in the end if people have such a huge problem with this then just don’t play, i feel like the reason they are still around is because it really isn’t a game ruining thing they just want things to be perfect for them so they can stay on top.
yeah
Flizan Hambletonian
Turf Router

Post by Flizan Hambletonian »

The Steward wrote: 5 years ago This means I'm actually going to have to follow through on those cookies!
At least, make them chocolate! ;)

And Rochelle, good luck with Play Leapfrog- racing and as a stud. I´ll send him some of my best mares! :)
Country House Turf Router, AW Router, Steeplechaser
Smoke and Gusto Paint Dirt Router
Flizans Bourbon Steeplechaser
Jess Dowson
Derby Contender

Post by Jess Dowson »

Sad to see him retire but there are people that only want their on way and don't like loosing,i will sure use him in the future
ps:enjoy the cookies :lol: