SIMster pets

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Sarah Chase
Hall of Fame

Post by Sarah Chase »

So I was curious about what kind of pets everyone has. I have a Siberian Husky named Jag (short for Jaguar, and his full name is Ch. Nalowinds Born to Perform), a retired show dog the breeder gave to me. I have very strong feelings about backyard breeding and puppy mills, so don't get me started! But anyways, here is a picture of Jaggy Poo.

Anyone else want to share?
Frayed - $75,000
Liveinthemoment - $25,000
Same - $10,000
It's Been Awhile - $10,000
Grindelwald - $10,000
Skywatching - $7,500
Martin Pennington
Hall of Fame

Post by Martin Pennington »

He looks gorgeous Sarah, I can't really say I have any pets but the closest is "my babe" (girlfriend really isn't happy about that term) ie. the filly I have shares in soooooooo at the risk of repeating myself a milion times over www.freewebs.com/zamelia :)
Steph Wilder
Derby Contender

Post by Steph Wilder »

I have my puppy dog (she's 8) who totally is my baby. She's crazy and cute. Her name is Bonkers...which fits her perfectly. She *loves* Robin. Em and Robin can atest to how crazy she is. She's a beagle/husky mix, white with big black beagle spots. About 50 lbs, medium sized dog. I'll try to get a picture.
Sara Kendall
Grade 2 Winner

Post by Sara Kendall »

Did someone say HUSKY??? lol :)

I have one....her name's Molly. She's not a traditionally marked Husky....she's what they consider a pinto...meaning she's a spotted little running brat! lol :) Nah, she's 3 years old and she's totally spoiled! lol I think I have a pic...will try to find one of her....she's a beauty though! When she gets loose from us however....omg! It takes us oh about 45 minutes to catch her!

We also have a spaniel/dalmatian mix....Wilma is 6 years old and she's full of energy! You wouldn't know that she's 6 lol She's also a very pretty dog. I am afraid if she ever got loose from us we'd never see her again....cause she'd chase vehicles...Molly...hasn't shown that tendency...thank goodness! :)

Me and my friends also share ownership of 3 guinea pigs. :)
Sara Kendall
Grade 2 Winner

Post by Sara Kendall »

Sarah...your husky's absolutely beautiful! I have a thing about huskies lol :)
Emily Mitchell
Hall of Fame

Post by Emily Mitchell »

I have a whole bunch of pets (my parents would say "too many"). Two horses (one Leopard Applaoosa and the other a 1/2 QH mix), three dogs (two beagles and one lab mix I got at a shelter), an indoor cat... and are fish counting? Because I have a bunch of those. My family collectively owns some turtles and frogs (but I mostly just leave those alone).

Oh and we have two goats! They are super cool and funny too.

Edit: I work at a dog kennel and there was Husky there today who was really mean to me and scratched my legs like crazy and made me bleed. This made me unhappy. <_< I have at least had one good experience there before with a Husky. I'll tell you one of the coolest breeds in which I've seen awesome dogs every time: Keeshonds. Yeah. They rock.
RIVERSTONE FARM ~ Home of Champions ~ Farms in Kentucky, Germany, and Japan ~
Mandy Saunders
Eclipse Champion

Post by Mandy Saunders »

Then I guess I shouldn't tell you about my Dolly... a puppy mill rescue.
~ Mandy ~

Click here to visit The Stallions of Lakeside!

Last updated: Year 26, Break - Wow, it's been awhile, I need to get on that, lol

RIP Shelly & June...I will love you, always.
Sarah Chase
Hall of Fame

Post by Sarah Chase »

Amanda Saunders wrote: Then I guess I shouldn't tell you about my Dolly... a puppy mill rescue.
Why not? I love hearing about other people's pets. I'm not sure what you mean by "puppy mill rescue," but I strongly support rescue organizations and it's the people who knowingly support the puppy mill industry who I feel compelled to educate (read: rant and rave ..I'm still working on self-control :P).

I really would love to hear about Dolly ...
Frayed - $75,000
Same - $10,000
Grindelwald - $10,000
Skywatching - $7,500
Sarah Chase
Hall of Fame

Post by Sarah Chase »

SaraKendall wrote: Sarah...your husky's absolutely beautiful! I have a thing about huskies lol :)
Thank you! I hope you can post a picture of Molly. It seems like everyone I know with a Sibe is crazy about them! After I got Jag, I wanted to adopt another one from the state Siberian Husky rescue organization, but alas, I still live with my parents and they said we have no more room (my parents have a Golden Retriever). :(

They look so angelic when they sleep, right? :P
Frayed - $75,000
Same - $10,000
Grindelwald - $10,000
Skywatching - $7,500
LaDonna King
Eclipse Champion

Post by LaDonna King »

I have a blue fawn pit bull named Diesel. A shar-pei named Tulip. A shar-pei named Cena (after the wrestler, John Cena). A Sebastapol goose named Bob. A Paint stallion named Max(Sanbars Gold Account), a paint mare Tequila (Tripple Cuervo), a quarter horse mare Cowgirl(Beautys Keepsake), her yearling filly Blossom (This Kidz Hotternhel), a quarter horse gelding named Chigger, a pony named Kahlua, a paint gelding named Hotrod...I think that's it.

Here's a pic of Chigger Image
Mandy Saunders
Eclipse Champion

Post by Mandy Saunders »

Dolly is a West Highland White Terrier, and to spare those of the whole story, she ended up being a puppy mill rescue...though we didn't know it at the time.

She almost died at the age of 8 weeks, she has severe allergic reactions to random chemicals (like bleach or tick repellent), she has chronic asthma, and at the age of two had reconstructive leg surgery to place a metal plate and eight screws in her right hind leg.

Yes, I said a metal plate and eight screws in the right hind leg. Kind of like Barbaro.

She's gone through a lot in the four years of her life, but she is the happiest little pooch I have ever met. I truly believe that she knows how much we have fought for her and how close she was to losing her life, so she lives her life to it's fullest.

I also have a Labrador/German Shepard mix named Sunshine, who is an animal shelter rescue.
~ Mandy ~

Click here to visit The Stallions of Lakeside!

Last updated: Year 26, Break - Wow, it's been awhile, I need to get on that, lol

RIP Shelly & June...I will love you, always.
Becca Banner
Grade 3 Winner

Post by Becca Banner »

My story may not be as impressive as Mandy's, but I too have a rescue dog.

My Soma, a Collie/Greyhound mix, was turned away by his mother soon after birth because he was the runt and had an identical twin sister (named Belle). My brother took him home (he was so small that Bradley hid him in his jacket pocket) and my mother and I nursed him until he was strong enough to feed himself and then I trained him. He has to be my best friend, we grew up together:)

I also have Gordon, a Jack Russell/Beagle mix, and Jackson, a Golden Retriever whom we nicknamed "Monster". There is a Beta fish named Duke too.

Back in January, I lost my Beagle, Dali, when she was hit by a car. I still miss her terribly. Its strange not seeing her.
At Stud:

Yamikishi - Winner of multiple stakes, including Steward's Cup Sprint. Sire of stakes winning sprinters, like Heroism. Stands for $10,000.

Journey's End Farms : Board $15/week
Ara Davies

Post by Ara Davies »

I have a ferret. His name is Revan, Dark Lord of the Ferrets. I don't have any pictures of him on this computer or else I would find a way to spam all of you with cute ferret pics.

I call him Roo, because Rev seemed like a stupid nickname and Congaree's nickname was Roo. I thought it was cute.

He is a silver mitt, mostly creamy white all over with some gray hairs scattered throughout, and a mostly gray tail. We know how I am about gray tails. :)

He is currently attempting to chew on my left foot.
Sara Kendall
Grade 2 Winner

Post by Sara Kendall »

I forgot to say that our spaniel/dalmatian mix is a shelter dog. We went about 3 hours south of where we live to get her when she was just 6 months old. According to the shelter she was dumped off at a CVS store and she was found tied to the sign. So that's her story. Now she's very energetic and full of run! LOL

Molly....my cousin raises Sibes and she was a Christmas gift from him....I am trying to find a picture of her as we speak!
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

The Puppy

and The Kitty
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG